Week 11 GDT - Jacksonville Jaguars vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

26 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Saints will also be dropping to 5-5. Hopefully WFT at least holds on to beat the Panthers. 

I don't know why in the world the Saints kicked the field goal when down 14 with 7 minutes to go. Arguably one of the dumber coaching decisions I have seen. 

Real shame with that team. I think the team around the QB is a legitimate contender. The Winston injury is brutal and to not make a Teddy B trade happen the following day before the deadline is unfortunate. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know why in the world the Saints kicked the field goal when down 14 with 7 minutes to go. Arguably one of the dumber coaching decisions I have seen. 

Real shame with that team. I think the team around the QB is a legitimate contender. The Winston injury is brutal and to not make a Teddy B trade happen the following day before the deadline is unfortunate. 

Or at least take a look at Cam

• Like 1

Deebo, Aiyuk & Kittle scored TD's. Wilson & Sermon had key plays, the defense dominated as a whole, and even Sherfield had a key ST's play. 

I'm probably in the minority that i liked Shanny's strategy at the end of the 1st half; its the best way to ensure we score points while also ensuring the opponent doesn't have a chance. Same strategy as in the Bears game.

1 called penalty, 1 injury, so overall a clean efficient game.

My only complaint was not going for it on 4th down and not having Lance throw a pass

Now, to root for the Cards over the Seahawks

7 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I'm probably in the minority that i liked Shanny's strategy at the end of the 1st half; its the best way to ensure we score points while also ensuring the opponent doesn't have a chance. Same strategy as in the Bears game.

But you're not really "ensuring" that you're getting points there. If not for a blown coverage on Sermon (something we really don't have anything to do with, in context), we are punting there.

You can still bleed the clock and go for a touchdown. The two aren't mutually exclusive. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

But you're not really "ensuring" that you're getting points there. If not for a blown coverage on Sermon (something we really don't have anything to do with, in context), we are punting there.

You can still bleed the clock and go for a touchdown. The two aren't mutually exclusive. 

Agreed, just terrible regardless of getting points out of that possession. He's just a very conservative HC and plays it too safe.

Seahawks are bad, VERY bad. I will be so disappointed if we lose to them in two weeks lol.