Week 11 GDT - Jacksonville Jaguars vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Jimmie Ward in his last four games with 51 snaps in the slot has allowed 4 catches on 9 targets for 11 yards with two INTs. L-O-L, I don't think people fully realize just how special this man is in coverage. That's not even bringing up how he erases big plays from the single high spot. Complete game changer for this defense.

@49erscap @Forge I know his contract was reworked in September, but is there any chance we give him some sort of an extension this offseason? 

• Like 1

Looking at the Vikings games played this season, they legitimately could be undefeated right now or have like 7 or 8 losses lol. They have one convincing win vs the Seahawks but the rest of their games have all have down to the wire. They are competitive with EVERYONE so we can't expect anything less next week. Have to protect the ball and play a clean game. If we do that, we should have a good opportunity to win. Will be very intense and playoff type of feel to it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Also is it just me or does Sermon just look slow running the ball?

I was going to mention it too. He is absolutely slow through the hole. It's very noticeable compared to Wilson and Mitchell. It's like he's trying to be patient and see the cutback lanes. But he's got to be more decisive. Once you make a decision, BOOM...you have to turn on the jets and go. 

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Looking at the Vikings games played this season, they legitimately could be undefeated right now or have like 7 or 8 losses lol. They have one convincing win vs the Seahawks but the rest of their games have all have down to the wire. They are competitive with EVERYONE so we can't expect anything less next week. Have to protect the ball and play a clean game. If we do that, we should have a good opportunity to win. Will be very intense and playoff type of feel to it. 

Mike Florio can't wait for this one!

Also, if we would have trade for Gilmore, I honestly think this team would be damn near a lock to make the playoffs and may have been able to do some serious damage. Of course the cap situation would have made it difficult but Gilmore/Moseley/Williams/Ward/Tartt/Hufanga is a pretty damn good secondary to go along with what we have at LB and then the DL. We still may get to the playoffs but the next two weeks will be a test for our secondary and I'm not sure if we have the personnel to slow down the Vikings passing attack.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jimmie Ward in his last four games with 51 snaps in the slot has allowed 4 catches on 9 targets for 11 yards with two INTs. L-O-L, I don't think people fully realize just how special this man is in coverage. That's not even bringing up how he erases big plays from the single high spot. Complete game changer for this defense.

@49erscap @Forge I know his contract was reworked in September, but is there any chance we give him some sort of an extension this offseason? 

I think I would expect us to, tbh. He has a 6+ dead cap hit from void years in 2023. I think  (not 100% sure) that even if that contract is up but we extend him prior, we can continue to use the prorated void years instead. I think that is what the Saints did with Brees for years. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Micah Parsons has 6 sacks in the last three games and 9 for the season. I don't even know what we are witnessing right now. What a freaking stud. 

What they are doing with Parsons is exactly what I wanted to do with Tremaine Edmunds back in the 2018 draft. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I felt a great disturbance in the Force...as if millions of haters suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happned :(

Not really. I mean, it's pff. 

That's not to say Jimmy hasn't been pretty good. He has been. But it's pff lol. Jimmy's largely the same QB he has always been though.

• Like 1