Week 11 GDT - Jacksonville Jaguars vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not really. I mean, it's pff. 

That's not to say Jimmy hasn't been pretty good. He has been. But it's pff lol. Jimmy's largely the same QB he has always been though.

Yeah, he's also attempted only 41 passes the last two weeks combined. He's been efficient and converted on money downs which is what you want from him. 

I will say what I said in training camp. If you go with Jimmy, he's going to win and put up top 10 stats as he always does when he is healthy. And if he does that, Lance will not see the field. Well, Jimmy started the season off rocky and I was convinced he was done for but here are his ranks among other QBs:

QBR = 7th

QB Rating = 10th

Completion % - 13th

YPA = T2nd

EPA+CPOE = 4th

This is 2019 all over again, especially with his play the last four weeks lol.

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

The funny part is that there's a patriot fan who has Mac Jones as his 8th best QB in the comparison forum without Jimmy in his top 16, and I have this big long post comparing Jimmy and Mac and I keep debating whether or not to submit it

Mac sees the field better and knows how to read coverages better. Also operates in the pocket better. But his arm is average as is Jimmy's mainly but Jimmy has a stupid fast release that Mac does not. 

So yeah, I'd rather have Mac but there is not a huge gap between the two lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, he's also attempted only 41 passes the last two weeks combined. He's been efficient and converted on money downs which is what you want from him. 

I will say what I said in training camp. If you go with Jimmy, he's going to win and put up top 10 stats as he always does when he is healthy. And if he does that, Lance will not see the field. Well, Jimmy started the season off rocky and I was convinced he was done for but here are his ranks among other QBs:

QBR = 7th

QB Rating = 10th

Completion % - 13th

YPA = T2nd

ESP+CPOE = 4th

It's funny you posted this right after I referenced my post for the Mac / Jimmy post. Here is what I had (some of this may be different as I Don' t know what was adjusted and not adjusted for Jax)

Player A - 

• EPA / play - 6th
  • Success rate - 14th (49.3%)
  • DVOA - 5th
  • DYAR - 9th
  • 15 total TDs, 4.7% TD rate 
  • Y/A - 8.3, ANY / A - 7.93
  • ADot - 7.4 (23rd), ADoC - 6.6 (9th)
  • INT Rate - 1.97%
  • QBR - 11th (57.1)
  • CPOE - 21st

Player B -

• EPA / play - 16th
  • Success Rate - 11th (50.0%)
  • DVOA - 19th
  • DYAR - 19th 
  • 14 total TDs, 4.0% TD Rate
  • Y/A - 7.3, ANY / A - 6.14
  • ADoT - 7.6, ADoC - 5.3 (30th)
  • INT Rate - 2.3%
  • QBR - 18th (51.1)
  • CPOE - 7th
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Mac sees the field better and knows how to read coverages better. Also operates in the pocket better. But his arm is average as is Jimmy's mainly but Jimmy has a stupid fast release that Mac does not. 

So yeah, I'd rather have Mac but there is not a huge gap between the two lol.

Basically exactly how I think. I do think that Mac is the better QB but for this year only, there's maybe a little of the "we've gone too far" (Either in holding down Jimmy or pumping up Mac) going on at this point. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

QBR = 7th

QB Rating = 10th

Completion % - 13th

YPA = T2nd

EPA+CPOE = 4th

Yeah you pretty adamantly said he was done after the Colts game. I think Jimmy heard you and took that personally. :)

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

One thing I don't think we will see as much is Deebo playing from the RB spot. I do think that had to do with Mitchell being out and not having a RB with quick burst playing vs Jags. But also Kyle shouldn't completely stop playing Deebo in the back field. I'm just excited to see what Kyle is setting up down the season. I just can't wait for Lance to be apart of this offense. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Interesting. 

Damn near 50/50 with Jimmy having a slight lead. If we are going year by year and not long term, I'm taking Jimmy. He's more limited in his throws but probably more consistent in navigating an offense and not imploding. 

I voted for Jimmy but no thank you to paying ether one 14 percent of the cap.

• Like 1

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

I voted for Jimmy but no thank you to paying ether one 14 percent of the cap.

I voted Jimmy as well. 

I'm out on paying of those types 14% of the cap, and I've said it for a long time now..but at the same time, I know that it's not really feasible with regards to how the NFL operates. I can say that because I don't have a family depending on me keeping a job lol. QBs like this get paid for a reason. 

Just one of those scenarios where I have to be very diligent in terms of putting aside my own feelings on it and look at it objectively as if I were in the NFL 

20 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yeah you pretty adamantly said he was done after the Colts game. I think Jimmy heard you and took that personally. :)

I was! I mean Shanny was saying if Lance was healthy after the Cardinals game, he would have gotten the start vs Indy. That could have changed the entire dynamic but Jimmy played well against the Bears and hasn't looked back! 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

I voted Jimmy as well. 

I'm out on paying of those types 14% of the cap, and I've said it for a long time now..but at the same time, I know that it's not really feasible with regards to how the NFL operates. I can say that because I don't have a family depending on me keeping a job lol. QBs like this get paid for a reason. 

Just one of those scenarios where I have to be very diligent in terms of putting aside my own feelings on it and look at it objectively as if I were in the NFL 

I personally think the browns should go all in to trade for Wilson or Arod. 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

I voted Jimmy as well. 

I've said it a million of times but I will keep repeating it...THERE IS VERY LITTLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE AVERAGE QBs! Like the list from 15-25 can be pretty much argued in so many different ways but essentially you are getting a similar level of play. Whichever of the average QB has the best surrounding cast will look better. 

Baker had a hell of a group last season but now his WRs are not very good and the OL has dealt with injuries. And his play has suffered because of that. The issue is that when you give him the big contract, then the talent around him is going to dip and then he's going to look bad since he won't be able to carry an average team. A guy like Russell Wilson has had some average rosters but he is so good that he has still taken his teams to the playoffs almost every single season. He's a top QB though and those below the elites will not be able to do that. 

If Jimmy was to play in Cleveland next season, there is not going to be any dip in QB play. If I can get something good for Baker? I trade him and just sign an average QB and then draft one and take advantage of the four years of the rookie contract. 

• Like 2