Esports Thread (CSGO-LoL-Dota2-Overwatch-CoD-Etc.)

On 1/31/2018 at 10:02 AM, Raves said:

I don't want CS:GO but I follow C9 LoL and they're also 3-1 right now, only loss came at the hands to the only undefeated team currently in a close game, after being expected to take a step back this split due to roster changes.

C9 also won the last Rocket League championship as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure how popular Nadeshot and competitive CoD is around here. I had no idea who Nadeshot was until he bought into League of Legends. He seems like an awesome guy though. They're competing for first place seed in the playoffs for spring split. They assembled a team that's really fun to cheer for, full of popular pros that were somehow teamless or many thought were just declining.

They also make a weekly video called The Heist. I used to be a Dignitas fan but Dig didn't make the cut to qualify for franchising when that was introduced. 100T picked up one of their former players(Ssumday). Last week's video was about him, it's great. 

On 3/23/2018 at 8:13 AM, Raves said:

I like 100T a lot because of Memeos as I'm a C9 fan, def a few of the top teams I root for when they aren't playing C9 due to former C9 players being on them.

I like that he's a little less Memeos these days. He seems more matured and a chill person. 

My friend is a huge TL fan, kinda hope C9 kicks their *** but don't tell him that. :P

Not totally e-sports-related, actually quite (possibly) the contrary: they might release a MW2 remaster without the multiplayer.

This just reeks of idiocy. A game renowned FOR its multiplayer rereleased campaign-only? GTFOOH!

Knowing Activision, though, they might release it later on for $30. So don't worry, it's coming (maybe), you'll just end up paying for almost the full price of a new AAA title to get your fill when it's all said and done. The infinite insta-kill-from-across-the-map noob tubes and Commando perk will probably still be there as well as will the game-ending nuke.

Edited by KManX89

I just started replaying Modern Warfare Remastered and I'll never understand the mentality of people reviving Second Chance scrubs in the original Black Ops. They say it's helping the team win, but in all honesty, it's perpetuating and rewarding the use of a godawful perk that should've never been put in any CoD game, not today, not ever (same with Juggernaut and Commando) not to mention it can also taketh away killstreaks from your team as much as it can giveth. Let's say I'm 1 off a Chopper Gunner, a teammate takes my kill (which happens quite often) and I die immediately afterwards (or while trying to put down the SC noob via his teammate). Congratulations, our team just got robbed of a Chopper Gunner thanks to this stupid perk. So eff that, I never once revived anyone using SC, I'd rather take an L than help anyone using it. :P 

By the logic of some users online, I take it they wouldn't vote to kick a teammate using wall glitches in SOCOM II, either because, newsflash: that leaves us shorthanded and helps the other team win. The whole "helping the team win" wouldn't fly with me, I'd kill then vote such players on my team, every time.

Edited by KManX89

9 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I love Juggernaut. Anything that pisses off snipers and counters getting quickscoped is a positive in my book. 

Juggernaut was a perfectly acceptable perk for as long as Stopping Power existed and anyone that says otherwise was a scrub. 

Crazy series in the NA LCS semifinals between Clutch and 100 Thieves today.

Also this tragic news from Doublelift.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqg4s1
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-stabbings-san-juan-capistrano-arrest-20180331-story.html

He played Saturday and his team plays in the championship next week so presumably he'll play then too but that's heartbreaking. 

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, HighHopes said:

@Mossburg I'm watching the WCS Challenger NA series and holy crap. What a clown show. Masa has proxyed in 10 straight matches against Scarlett and Neeb lol. As a life long terran fan, I'm so upset that I'm rooting for the protoss player against a terran.

Yea, it was a shizshow, but I was entertained.

Been watching some of the League of Legends MSI tournament the past couple days and wow this stuff is very well produced. I don't even play the game anymore and haven't for years but it's still entertaining because it's done so well.

1 hour ago, TXsteeler said:

Been watching some of the League of Legends MSI tournament the past couple days and wow this stuff is very well produced. I don't even play the game anymore and haven't for years but it's still entertaining because it's done so well.

Riot's production has always been really good. I don't really play LOL much anymore either but I still love following and watching LCS. TL's comeback after the terrible start has been fun to watch. 

3 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Riot's production has always been really good. I don't really play LOL much anymore either but I still love following and watching LCS. TL's comeback after the terrible start has been fun to watch. 

It's really hard to hate on Riot honestly. They aren't perfect and they don't really go above and beyond TOO much, but they really rarely mess up. Compared to Blizzard, yikes sometimes lol.