Thursday Night Football: Patriots at Falcons

The Third Rider

The New England Patriots and the Atlanta Falcons line up for the snap at the line of scrimmage during their game at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass. Sunday, Oct. 22, 2017.

The Falcons are 4-5

Their offense is 21st in yards, 25th in points, 21st in passing yards, 29th in rushing yards.

Defense is 18th in yards, 14th in passing yards, 16th in rushing yards, 31st in 3rd down percentage, 32nd in sacks and 31st in points allowed. (Yikes!)

Their top 3 WRs (Zaccheaus, Gage, Sharpe) have a combined 533 yards on 48 receptions and they struggle big time against man coverage. Cordelle Patterson will be a game time decision since he has an ankle injury and was limited in practice on Tuesday:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32653875/atlanta-falcons-cordarrelle-patterson-game-call-due-ankle 

So what do you guys think? They finally get that monkey off their back?

Edited by The Third Rider
  • Like 1

31st in 3rd down percentage, 32nd in sacks and 31st in points allowed.

Well if that continues, then they are Fd against us. I think we have to assume TNF equalizing this a bit, and we shouldnt take it for granted. There's no way BB ever takes any game for granted, so if they play like they can and have been - we should win. 

If no C-Pat that actually does hurt them. No one else can run the ball for them.

I have to think they double team Kyle Pitts all night long and have their other guys try to beat us. It's an abysmal matchup for them on either side of the ball to be honest, they just have to hope for some Thursday night magic to pull a W out of a hat. We are also not in a position to be giving games away. After the Falcons we have the the Titans, Bills, Colts and Bills again, we can take control of the AFC East in the next 5 weeks.

Edited by The Third Rider

15 minutes ago, The Third Rider said:

I have to think they double team Kyle Pitts all night long and have their other guys try to beat us. It's an abysmal matchup for them on either side of the ball to be honest, they just have to hope for some Thursday night magic to pull a W out of a hat. We are also not in a position to be giving games away. After the Falcons we have the the Titans, Bills, Colts and Bills again, we can take control of the AFC East in the next 5 weeks.

Gage is the type of guy that usually kills us but I am hoping Bryant continues his stellar play