Thursday Night Football: Patriots at Falcons

The Third Rider

11 minutes ago, jofos said:

Its a good thing the Falcons are bad because the offense hasn't really looked good.

I'm not all that surprised. Thursday games are really hard and we're coming off back to back dominating games. We also have an ENORMOUS game against the AFC leading Titans (a team that has been giving us issues lately) next week; hard to get motivated for a subpar NFC team like the Falcons.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 2

Thursday games tend to be messy, but overall the team played well today. I'll take that result 10 times out of 10. 

- Defense looking AWESOME, without Gilmore I never would have thought this to be possible

The offense had a rough second half but outside of that one really bad decision Mac played really well. 

- Jonnu had a nice 17 yard play.. I think he's better off getting all his catches that way, he doesn't seem to ever make plays on deep routes. short passes and let him go after YAC seems to be the way to go 

- Really happy for Harry getting a couple of targets, he's worked his butt off and deserves 2-3 targets a game. Let him build off that

- Happy to see Agholor make a few plays.. left wide open for the touchdown but he needs a game like that to get going 

- Bourne continues to look good 

The next 4 weeks are going to be incredibly hard.. Titans / Bills / Colts all have good offenses, this team could easily go 0/4, 2/2, 4/0 and I wouldn't be surprised by and of those results. This 4 game stretch will make or break the season.. go 2/2 and we are in great shape. 

- Can't wait to see if this defense can continue to play well against those 3 offenses 

Blitz pickup was rough.. we can expect those next 3 teams to try and exploit the same issues the Falcons did today as well. 

Edited by Crimmage

Just now, biggie. said:

Looks like we finally got our Stevenson/Harris 1-2 punch.

Stevenson should get the bulk tbh. Always feels like he does something productive when he touches the ball. But at least Bolden isn't running it anymore except the 3rd and 4 carry.