Will Saints land Malcolm Butler before trade deadline?

whodatworm23

15 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

No he is not.

I think it's because the Saints have been running Vaccaro in the slot instead.

I agree I like Crawley more so far this season. He's given up a few plays/interference calls, but he's also made several nice pass breakups as well. I think he's a solid number 2 CB who should continue to get better with experience.

5 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I agree I like Crawley more so far this season. He's given up a few plays/interference calls, but he's also made several nice pass breakups as well. I think he's a solid number 2 CB who should continue to get better with experience.

His tackling has been horrible.

PJ is a good reserve but there hasn’t been a huge need for him to crack the lineup. In my opinion, Crawley/Breaux are better options on the outside, Vaccaro is better in the slot and Bell/Williams are both better playing more traditional safety roles. Bell is a bit more versatile too, as he can drop into the box pretty comfortably.

PJ is nice to have cause he can get plugged in anywhere you need a DB, but he doesn’t really excel at anything.

25 minutes ago, livinspree said:

His tackling has been horrible.

I recall a horrible attempt against the Lions trying to tackle Tate, but I don't remember seeing any other horrible tackle attempts off the top of my head this season by him, but I could be mistaken.

29 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

PJ is a good reserve but there hasn’t been a huge need for him to crack the lineup. In my opinion, Crawley/Breaux are better options on the outside, Vaccaro is better in the slot and Bell/Williams are both better playing more traditional safety roles. Bell is a bit more versatile too, as he can drop into the box pretty comfortably.

PJ is nice to have cause he can get plugged in anywhere you need a DB, but he doesn’t really excel at anything.

I'm excited to see how Breaux looks once he comes back. If he plays anything like he did a while back then our secondary is in very good shape.

35 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

We could actually slap Butler with the FT now, but his play has dropped dramatically this year. He's responsible for a few TDs on his own. I'm not sure why NO would particularly want him? Your secondary is in good shape.

This is how I've felt. He had a great play in the Super Bowl (much like Tracy Porter's) and then a decent season following that. Now he kind of seems like just another CB.

I like where our secondary is, or at least where I think it's going. I feel we will have an easier time landing good help now, too. Another D-lineman or 2, another good linebacker, and lookout!!

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

I recall a horrible attempt against the Lions trying to tackle Tate, but I don't remember seeing any other horrible tackle attempts off the top of my head this season by him, but I could be mistaken.

I don’t think he’s a whole lot worse than most CBs of his skill level... most guys like him will miss tackles here and there unless they’re known specifically known for being sure tacklers....

obviously it needs improvement, and is holding his game back more than his coverage ability at this point, but it’s not any more concerning than the other hundred CBs in the league you don’t really want to rely on in the open field.

The more i think of Kikaha's healthy scratch the last 2 weeks I dont think we were activly trying to move him...

Hendrickson has more versitility than Kikaha with his ability to rush outside amd inside. Muhammad is a better edge setter vs the run and a better special teams player. Kikaha is the better of the 3 as a edge rusher but the last 2 weeks we played Brett Hundley and Mitch Trubisky at quarterback whom as a staff we were aware that both teams would be run heavy thus rendering Kikaha the least likley to play. 

With the Bucs being a big passing team id suspect Kikaha to be suited up and get playing time. If Kikaha is a healthy scratch yet again then yes his days in NOLA arw likley coming to an end.

21 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

We could actually slap Butler with the FT now, but his play has dropped dramatically this year. He's responsible for a few TDs on his own. I'm not sure why NO would particularly want him? Your secondary is in good shape.

This is what I'm thinking, we don't need Butler right now.

Archived