Half-Way Point - Head Coach of the Year

goldfishwars

Halfway Poll - Head Coach of the Year  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your head coach of the year at the half-way point?

• Todd Bowles - Jets
    • Sean McDermott - Bills
    • Sean McVay - Rams
    • Doug Pederson - Eagles
    • Sean Payton - Saints
    • Andy Reid - Chiefs
    • Mike Zimmer - Vikings
    • Other (Please State)

My opinion might be slightly biased but it has to be McVay. The Rams offense last year was truly one of the worst offenses I've ever seen. He's literally turned the worst offense in the league last year into arguably the best this year. A lot of people were ready to slap the bust label on Jared Goff last year and the job McVay has done with him is outstanding. There's still a lot of work to be done with Goff but the progress has been remarkable.

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

How about them Bills and McDermott. Surely closing the gap on McVay with a great showing last night.

Short week, road division game. These things happen. I'm more curious to see how he has his team prepared for the Saints after 10 days.  Also, if the Rams were to lose to a one win Giants team Sunday, would you then change your vote to McDermott? That was a rhetorical question but don't come in here with that BS!!!!! 

1 hour ago, BillSabre said:

Short week, road division game. These things happen. I'm more curious to see how he has his team prepared for the Saints after 10 days.  Also, if the Rams were to lose to a one win Giants team Sunday, would you then change your vote to McDermott? That was a rhetorical question but don't come in here with that BS!!!!! 

No I'd vote for Pederson. The bills do this every year and start to tank around this time lol Don't take it personally bud

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It's Pederson or McVay for me.

I like what McDermott has done with the Bills though.

Pats and Chiefs were supposed to be pretty good.

Might wanna throw marrone up there as well. 4-3 with bortles as your qb isn't easy.  Marrones got the team playing arguably the best pass defense of all time(better then the legion of boom) and has the jags 8th in points and 12th in yards offensively. 

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Might wanna throw marrone up there as well. 4-3 with bortles as your qb isn't easy.  Marrones got the team playing arguably the best pass defense of all time(better then the legion of boom) and has the jags 8th in points and 12th in yards offensively. 

He's done a good job, but what does he have to do with the defense? 

Marrone was a tight ends and offensive line coach before he became an offensive coordinator and then eventually a head coach.

David Caldwell and Todd Wash are the ones who deserve the credit for the Jaguars defense being one of the very best units in football.

1 hour ago, One Punch Man said:

Dougie Fresh and the Flying Phillies.

Surging offense and defense despite injuries. Developing a franchise QB. Scary front-7 and offensive line. They’re set to be good for a while. 

Are they? Roster and team look great right now but looking at the 2018 cap there's a big red flag looking at them. Without a cap increase it's looking like you're over the cap next year. Yes there will be an increase but the early projections are for a $178 million cap leaving about $4 million in space. Looking back the Eagles have been rolling over about $8 million a year for a few years and that's the only open space they've had each year. Interested to see how it actually plays out but the early look at the books is not very promising.

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He's done a good job, but what does he have to do with the defense? 

Marrone was a tight ends and offensive line coach before he became an offensive coordinator and then eventually a head coach.

David Caldwell and Todd Wash are the ones who deserve the credit for the Jaguars defense being one of the very best units in football.

Hes the one who assembled this staff.  The team is 8th in points scored, 12 in yards gained offensively with Blake "im tom brady in garbage time" Bortles at qb.  The oline this year has improved some.  Instead of being like Gus bradley hes letting wash run the defense how wash wants and wash is putting the players in positions to succeed and its working. 

You wanna talk about worthy the jags are 2nd in the league in point differential to the eagles who are 7-1 and lead them by 3 points.  Hes taken a largely unchanged offensive talent(its 2 new starters with fournette and robinson) and they have improved tremendously.  Marrone definitely should be a candidate and to me McVays rams offensively arent that great.  They were pretty much gifted 20 points by the jags special teams. 

Archived