NFL Playoff Machine 2021 (Playoff Predictor added pg1)

SteelKing728

Here's my scenario

My whole thing came down to CLE vs. PIT to determine the last playoff spot, and I figured there's no way Cleveland loses that game. I have the Ravens losing that week to LAR but if it came down to those scenarios they would control their own destiny and they're at home, but this year I just don't believe in the Ravens at all.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Here's my scenario

My whole thing came down to CLE vs. PIT to determine the last playoff spot, and I figured there's no way Cleveland loses that game. I have the Ravens losing that week to LAR but if it came down to those scenarios they would control their own destiny and they're at home, but this year I just don't believe in the Ravens at all.

You have way more faith in Cleveland closing out the season than I do. I could legitimately see them losing every game after Detroit. They won't quite do that in my predictions, but ending that run 5-2 would be incredibly surprising to me.

I also think Buffalo has way too many tough games left to end the season 8-0, after how much they've struggled as of late against less than stellar football teams (they did blow out the Jets, but both the Dolphins and Jags games prior were not great looks, IMO.)

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

You have way more faith in Cleveland closing out the season than I do. I could legitimately see them losing every game after Detroit. They won't quite do that in my predictions, but ending that run 5-2 would be incredibly surprising to me.

I also think Buffalo has way too many tough games left to end the season 8-0, after how much they've struggled as of late against less than stellar football teams.

I'm not gonna lie, I just blindly picked a BUNCH of games that were not Ravens games until week 16/17, then I started focusing more, so it's entirely possible I just went "oh yeah they're better" and picked that team every week.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 1:48 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Here's my scenario

You have the Ravens missing the playoffs? Interesting.

Edit: I see followup comment, you just didn't pick their games?

Edited by Zalixar

On 11/18/2021 at 4:48 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Here's my scenario

I would be surprised if the Bills went undefeated the rest of the way. Their stats look really good but just got crushed by the Colts and are in fact 1-4 against teams with a winning record, they scream paper tigers to me.

I think the Cardinals effectively clinched the NFCW yesterday.

They play Chicago, Detroit and Seattle again - any given Sunday, but as a Rams fan trying to see how we win the division, I'm counting those as wins. The games they can lose, I'll assume they will even though I doubt they lose all three - Rams, Colts, Cowboys

That puts them at 12-5 with a 5-1 division record

Because the Rams lost to the Niners, we lose the tiebreaker of division record. That means we have to go 13-4 to win the division.

That means finishing 6-1 when we play five games against teams .500 or better, which includes a brutal pair of back to back road games in Minnesota and Baltimore late in the year.

So congrats to the Cardinals for clinching the division.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 5:11 PM, Jakuvious said:

I also think Buffalo has way too many tough games left to end the season 8-0, after how much they've struggled as of late against less than stellar football teams (they did blow out the Jets, but both the Dolphins and Jags games prior were not great looks, IMO.)

Not sure if it matters, but we’re going to be probably the most healthy team in the league heading into Baltimore. We have a bye week afterwards too.

If you obviously ignore OBJ, we have every starter on both sides from week 1 starting.

Edited by candyman93