NFL Playoff Machine 2021 (Playoff Predictor added pg1)

SteelKing728

19 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Saints lose to Buffalo on Thursday

49ers and Vikings don't tie

Philly beats the Giants

Philly moves into the 7th seed.

Hard to believe that 2-5 was only 4 weeks ago

There's a scenario where I have the Falcons somehow beating JAX, DET, SF, CAR and NO on their remaining schedule (which isn't too far fetched) and being 9-8 but the Eagles are also 9-8 and edge the Falcons out for the 7 seed. And that's the best I think the Falcons can do and that's only if Patterson and Ridley come back 100% before the end of the year.

Edited by scar988

11 hours ago, scar988 said:

There's a scenario where I have the Falcons somehow beating JAX, DET, SF, CAR and NO on their remaining schedule (which isn't too far fetched) and being 9-8 but the Eagles are also 9-8 and edge the Falcons out for the 7 seed. And that's the best I think the Falcons can do and that's only if Patterson and Ridley come back 100% before the end of the year.

Yeah, I don't love the Eagles chances at 9-8 with SF and Minnesota playing well.

They need to beat up on NY teams(3 games) and DC(2) to get to 10. Hopefully Dallas does not need the week 18 game if Philly does.

The last week of the season Philly - Dallas game was a scrimmage in 2016 and 2017, so it happens.

BTW Atlanta's 6 losses are by a combined 124 points. Its got to be a huge embarrassment to lose to them.

AFC

WILDCARD ROUND

1 Bills BYE

7 Pats at 2 Chiefs I have the Chiefs losing at home to the Pats who had their number even when the Chiefs were flying high. These Chiefs team remind me of those Pats teams that looked vulnerable throughout the regular season but still managed to win their division and thus people would never doubt Belichik and Brady. Then the Pats go into the playoffs and be one and done losing to Tannehill and the Titans or Flacco and the Ravens. The Chiefs will be one and done losing at home to Mac Jones and the Pats. The Pats defense will make easy work of the Chiefs offense which has been struggling alot this season. Mahomes will be on course to turn the ball over multiple times in this game. Mac Jones will make enough plays on offense and the Pats will run it down the Chiefs throats and again come away with a huge road playoff win.

6 Colts at 3 Ravens This game could go either way. Im going to give it to Lamar. I think he will show why he is light years better than Wentz. I think Wentz will make a bone head play or two that will hurt the Colts in a big way. I know early in the season the Colts had a 19pt lead against the Ravens and blew it. I dont think the Ravens will get down that big again. I worry about the Ravens getting ran on by Taylor but I think at least for one game at home Lamar will show why he was the MVP two years ago and he is capable of playing like the MVP at any time. 

5 Chargers at 4 Titans I strongly dont think Henry plays but IF he does it will certainly help. I dont think he will be himself even if he plays but his presence will definitely help this offense which looks predictably lost without him. I have the Chargers winning just bc I dont feel like Henry will be out there and if he is it will be more like a Thomas for the Saints last season in the playoffs. Henry if he is out there will not be effective at all. The Chargers have a horrible run defense so that will definitely help them if Henry isnt playing or will be not effective. I just dont think the Titans offense can score enough and I think Herbert will show why he is a legit stud at the QB position. The only thing I do worry about with the Chargers is they tend to lose alot of games that they easily should win. I think Herbert has shown he can overcome those games some times so I feel good about the Chargers winning even if it looks like they might be trying to lose this game.

DIVISIONAL ROUND

5 Chargers at 1 Bills  The Bills can truly be a rollercoaster but I have them winning in front of their crazy fanbase at home. I think the Chargers traveling out east will be a problem for them again just like it was when they went to Baltimore and got stomped by the Ravens. This reminds me of when the Packers had to go to San Fran twice in the same season and the results were the same. The Packers got stomped both times. I think the Bills defense will cause some problems for Herbert and the Chargers offense. The Bills have to find a way to have some success running the ball even if its an average day to take some pressure off of Allen having to do everything. I think that will be the case and the Bills will win by double digits.

7 Pats at 3 Ravens After the Pats beat the Chiefs I think tons of people are going to be thinking the Pats will go into Baltimore and win but thats not going to be the case. I think Lamar once again puts on his cape and the Ravens beat the Pats. The Pats defense typically struggle against mobile QBs and I think Lamar is once again going to lead the way with his playmaking abilities on the ground to get the job done. I think this could be a lower scoring game as both teams are going to want to run the ball and control the clock but the Ravens have the better kicker in Tucker especially in the clutch and they have the more explosiveness on offense. Btw Lamar will quietly be showing everyone that he can win playoff games by winning two in these playoffs after winning one last season in the playoffs.

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP

3 Ravens at 1 Bills This will be a fascinating game but one I think the Bills definitely has to win. Its been setup all season long that the Bills have to get to the Superbowl this season bc of how wide open and really down the AFC has been. This game is a perfect example of that. The Ravens truly have one way to win and thats Lamar being excellent. I dont trust the Ravens defense at all. The Bills defense has played extremely well this season. Alot of times they just look flat out dominant. So I think their game should just be to make sure Lamar doesnt beat them and I think thats going to be the case. I think they will overwhelm Lamar and the Ravens wont be able to do much. Their defense wont be able to stop Allen and the Bills offense. I think this game the Bills will again win by double digits and after going back to the Superbowl a place they havent been in decades. 

NFC

WILDCARD ROUND

1 Cowboys BYE

7 Eagles at 2 Cards The Cards will win this game easily. The only chance the Eagles have is if they take advantage of the Cards weakness which is stopping the run and we have seen the Eagles run the football extremely well lately and they have to force Murray into making mistakes. Now I think they have a shot to run the ball well in this game but I dont think they have a chance to stop Murray. Thats why I think the Cards will win easily. Murray will come out of the gates fast and that will force the Eagles to have to throw the ball more bc they will be trailing by double digits really quickly. I could see this game getting out of hand before halftime. 

6 Niners at 3 Packers The Niners I think will get on a roll and find themselves in the playoffs. Thats assuming Jimmy G is the starter and Kittle stays healthy. We know the problems that they have caused the Packers in the past and Im a firm believer in styles make fights. This is the worst case scenario for the Packers PERIOD. Im picking the Niners to win bc this team is getting hot at the right time and they are getting healthy. Most came into the season thinking they would win the NFCW or at least finish 2nd but definitely getting into the playoffs. I think they would love to see the Packers bc again they have pushed them around in recent history and I think they will do it again. Maybe not in dominating fashion in terms of the scoreboard but I do think they win where the scoreboard doesnt do any justice to how dominate the Niners looked on the field against the Packers.

5 Rams at 4 Bucs The Pats/Chiefs game will be one of the games of wildcard weekend and I also think Niners/Packers will be too. This game though will be the game of wildcard weekend. Im sure pretty much everyone will be picking the Bucs to win. No way Brady will lose to the Rams three straight times dating back to last season. No way the Rams will travel to Tampa and win like they did last season. No way Stafford will get his first playoff win of his career. When the game starts again we will see that style make fights. Brady doesnt like pressure in his face well meet Donald but also meet Von to go along with Floyd. Im reminded of 2018 where the Rams was looking shaky towards the end of the season losing to the Saints, Bears, and Eagles. They ended the season (2-2) but went into the playoffs people were picking the Cowboys to beat them and then hardly anyone gave them a shot to go to New Orleans and beat the Saints. The Rams acquisitions in Suh, Cooks, CJA, Fowler Jr. Talib and Peters all made big impacts in that playoff run. I can see similar where even in this game that Von, OBJ, and Michel make big impacts. The Bucs secondary is still a weakness and until I see them actually stop Kupp, Im not banking on them doing so. OBJ I think will shine in this game too with big plays and getting into the endzone. But I think the defense again rattles Brady and throw him off. The Rams might not win by double digits but I think they win this game to where the scoreboard might not look like it was impressive but since everyone will be watching this game they will come away knowing how impressive of a game it was again by the Rams against Brady and the Bucs. 

DIVISIONAL ROUND

6 Niners at 1 Cowboys This game the Cowboys should win. They cant blow this game. I know the Niners are a talented team but they just had a very underwhelming start to the season before I think they are getting hot to make a playoff push and run. Dallas though has been one of the best teams if not flat out the best team in the NFL all throughout the season. If Dallas chokes it will be the biggest choke job by them EVER. Thats including the year where all they had to do was win 1 game in their final 3 to get into the playoffs and they blew it. No need to worry though Dallas fans, they will take care of business. I think the Cowboys will force Jimmy G into multiple mistakes and then Dak and this offense will be off to the races by scoring tds and win this game. Dak will look every bit of the possible MVP that he has looked for most of this season. Then this would be fitting of how Jimmy G last game as a Niner. Im sure Niners fans will be so glad he will be gone bc if Lance develops into the QB many think he can be then he at least would give the Niners a great chance to win games like this against a dynamic offense in the Dallas when you have to be able score alot of points. 

5 Rams at 2 Cards I have the Rams winning bc again I think the acquisitions of Von and OBJ will show up in a major way but in particular Von. I think Ray Lewis said it best on "Inside the NFL" the week the Rams acquired Von. He said the Rams got Von bc they need two pass rushers to be able to contain Murray inside the pocket. So Von and Floyd are those outside guys with obviously Donald collapsing the pocket from the inside. I think Murray will feel that pressure and be effected by it alot in this game. Btw I have the Rams going to Arizona and beating them in a few weeks so that will be a preview of whats to come in this game. It will have that Seattle/Rams feel of last season. Both teams split (1-1) but Seattle won the division. The Rams went into the playoffs to Seattle and knocked them off. I think the Rams will do the same to Arizona. I think OBJ will continue to have success. The Cards defense has played great but I do think by the time the playoffs come I can see OBJ playing closer too what he is capable of playing and thats top 5 WR in the NFL. He hasnt played like that since his Giants days but again in Cleveland its a run based offense and the time they did pass and he got open alot Baker kept missing him. So the Cards are going to have a hard to stopping both Kupp and OBJ plus I think McVay has to feed Henderson and Michel the ball. This playoff run is going to be much about those two players than it will be about Stafford and Kupp and OBJ. Maybe the Rams will even get back Akers although if he does come back I expect little to nothing from him. I would personally just keep him out till the start of next season bc he is a future stud in the NFL. Anyways, I think McVay let Henderson and Michel run wild which is the Cards weakness and the Rams come away with another big road playoff win.

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP

5 Rams at 1 Cowboys This is the first time the Cowboys have been to the NFCCG in 26yrs. Not only that but its a home game. Oh the pressure that will be on them to win this game. The pressure will also be on the Rams bc they are one game away from hosting the Superbowl in Sofi just like the Bucs did in Tampa last season. One team will fold under the pressure and the other team will thrive. Im going with the Rams. Why??? Well we know about the Cowboys. WHAT COULD GO WRONG, WILL GO WRONG!!! I know the Rams are no longer from St. Louis but they were once in the "Show Me State" so Dallas is going to have to show me that they have arrived in terms of getting back to the Superbowl to truly be talked about in the fashion that they already are even though they havent been to the NFCCG in 26yrs. Dak already one a playoff game before when the Cowboys beat the Seahawks to advance to play the Rams in the divisional round in 2018 before the Rams literally ran through them and won. I think this game will be a really good one but I think this is going to be a Stafford type of game. Stafford gets knock for not winning a playoff game but we forget that he had the Lions leading in that game with like 2:30 left against the Cowboys back in 2014 in the wildcard round but we know the Lions organization just dont know how to handle success so they found a way to lose. Some say the refs screwed the Lions with some iffy penalties. Anyways, I think Stafford is going to make sure its a no doubter that he leads his new team, the team that does know how to handle success, to a win and take the Rams back to the Superbowl. 

SUPERBOWL

5 Rams v 1 Bills The Rams basically do what the Bucs did last season and be the 5th seed that gets hot after the BYE then runs through the NFC playoffs on the road to host the Superbowl and win. The only difference people will make is the Bucs had Brady and the Rams dont. Well Brady didnt look all that great in the playoffs. He made plays when he had to make them and honestly tried to lose the game to the Packers in the 2nd half. Trailed the Saints in the 1st half but the Saints gave the Bucs the game in the 2nd half. It was the Bucs running game and defense that carried them. A running game which btw isnt great but they came through when called upon in the playoffs. Again I go back and say McVay need to get back to running the football and I feel like he will starting this week against the Packers. Henderson is averaging 4.7ypc he just isnt getting the consistent touches to really make the Rams rushing offense a force. If Im wrong and McVay doesnt start to lean on the run more from here on out then Im going to be disappointed bc I said when Akers got hurt that Henderson is going to remind people that he is still a talented back. Michel made history as a rookie when the Pats made the Superbowl run back in 2018. He is also capable of doing damage and this defense when Von hits his stride by the time the playoff starts will be a force with Donald and Floyd up front. I think that is whats going to rattle Allen. The fact that the Bills cant run the ball and they lean so much on Allen with the pass rush the Rams will bring. I think Allen is going to show on the national center stage that cant do it by himself. Just like Mahomes couldnt do it by himself last year with no OL and no running game. Just like when the Broncos won the Superbowl and Von just dominated Cam. Cam couldnt do it by himself that Superbowl either. Its going to literally force the Bills to go in the offseason and go get a legit running back and take the load off of Allen. I think He will make multiple mistakes in this game and the Rams will capitalize on them. I hope Ramsey locks up on Diggs to at least slow him down. The MVP of course will be Kupp. Nobody has stopped him all season long so again on national center stay Kupp is going to show why he is what I said he is currently and thats the best receiver in the NFL. He is going to get 8 catches for 125yds and 2tds in this game. It’s fitting too since Kupp didn’t play in the last Superbowl the Rams were in due to injury. 

Edited by stl4life07

10 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

NFC

WILDCARD ROUND

1 Cowboys BYE

7 Eagles at 2 Cards The Cards will win this game easily. The only chance the Eagles have is if they take advantage of the Cards weakness which is stopping the run and we have seen the Eagles run the football extremely well lately and they have to force Murray into making mistakes. Now I think they have a shot to run the ball well in this game but I dont think they have a chance to stop Murray. Thats why I think the Cards will win easily. Murray will come out of the gates fast and that will force the Eagles to have to throw the ball more bc they will be trailing by double digits really quickly. I could see this game getting out of hand before halftime. 

6 Niners at 3 Packers The Niners I think will get on a roll and find themselves in the playoffs. Thats assuming Jimmy G is the starter and Kittle stays healthy. We know the problems that they have caused the Packers in the past and Im a firm believer in styles make fights. This is the worst case scenario for the Packers PERIOD. Im picking the Niners to win bc this team is getting hot at the right time and they are getting healthy. Most came into the season thinking they would win the NFCW or at least finish 2nd but definitely getting into the playoffs. I think they would love to see the Packers bc again they have pushed them around in recent history and I think they will do it again. Maybe not in dominating fashion in terms of the scoreboard but I do think they win where the scoreboard doesnt do any justice to how dominate the Niners looked on the field against the Packers.

5 Rams at 4 Bucs The Pats/Chiefs game will be one of the games of wildcard weekend and I also think Niners/Packers will be too. This game though will be the game of wildcard weekend. Im sure pretty much everyone will be picking the Bucs to win. No way Brady will lose to the Rams three straight times dating back to last season. No way the Rams will travel to Tampa and win like they did last season. No way Stafford will get his first playoff win of his career. When the game starts again we will see that style make fights. Brady doesnt like pressure in his face well meet Donald but also meet Von to go along with Floyd. Im reminded of 2018 where the Rams was looking shaky towards the end of the season losing to the Saints, Bears, and Eagles. They ended the season (2-2) but went into the playoffs people were picking the Cowboys to beat them and then hardly anyone gave them a shot to go to New Orleans and beat the Saints. The Rams acquisitions in Suh, Cooks, CJA, Fowler Jr. Talib and Peters all made big impacts in that playoff run. I can see similar where even in this game that Von, OBJ, and Michel make big impacts. The Bucs secondary is still a weakness and until I see them actually stop Kupp, Im not banking on them doing so. OBJ I think will shine in this game too with big plays and getting into the endzone. But I think the defense again rattles Brady and throw him off. The Rams might not win by double digits but I think they win this game to where the scoreboard might not look like it was impressive but since everyone will be watching this game they will come away knowing how impressive of a game it was again by the Rams against Brady and the Bucs. 

DIVISIONAL ROUND

6 Niners at 1 Cowboys This game the Cowboys should win. They cant blow this game. I know the Niners are a talented team but they just had a very underwhelming start to the season before I think they are getting hot to make a playoff push and run. Dallas though has been one of the best teams if not flat out the best team in the NFL all throughout the season. If Dallas chokes it will be the biggest choke job by them EVER. Thats including the year where all they had to do was win 1 game in their final 3 to get into the playoffs and they blew it. No need to worry though Dallas fans, they will take care of business. I think the Cowboys will force Jimmy G into multiple mistakes and then Dak and this offense will be off to the races by scoring tds and win this game. Dak will look every bit of the possible MVP that he has looked for most of this season. Then this would be fitting of how Jimmy G last game as a Niner. Im sure Niners fans will be so glad he will be gone bc if Lance develops into the QB many think he can be then he at least would give the Niners a great chance to win games like this against a dynamic offense in the Dallas when you have to be able score alot of points. 

5 Rams at 2 Cards I have the Rams winning bc again I think the acquisitions of Von and OBJ will show up in a major way but in particular Von. I think Ray Lewis said it best on "Inside the NFL" the week the Rams acquired Von. He said the Rams got Von bc they need two pass rushers to be able to contain Murray inside the pocket. So Von and Floyd are those outside guys with obviously Donald collapsing the pocket from the inside. I think Murray will feel that pressure and be effected by it alot in this game. Btw I have the Rams going to Arizona and beating them in a few weeks so that will be a preview of whats to come in this game. It will have that Seattle/Rams feel of last season. Both teams split (1-1) but Seattle won the division. The Rams went into the playoffs to Seattle and knocked them off. I think the Rams will do the same to Arizona. I think OBJ will continue to have success. The Cards defense has played great but I do think by the time the playoffs come I can see OBJ playing closer too what he is capable of playing and thats top 5 WR in the NFL. He hasnt played like that since his Giants days but again in Cleveland its a run based offense and the time they did pass and he got open alot Baker kept missing him. So the Cards are going to have a hard to stopping both Kupp and OBJ plus I think McVay has to feed Henderson and Michel the ball. This playoff run is going to be much about those two players than it will be about Stafford and Kupp and OBJ. Maybe the Rams will even get back Akers although if he does come back I expect little to nothing from him. I would personally just keep him out till the start of next season bc he is a future stud in the NFL. Anyways, I think McVay let Henderson and Michel run wild which is the Cards weakness and the Rams come away with another big road playoff win.

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP

5 Rams at 1 Cowboys This is the first time the Cowboys have been to the NFCCG in 26yrs. Not only that but its a home game. Oh the pressure that will be on them to win this game. The pressure will also be on the Rams bc they are one game away from hosting the Superbowl in Sofi just like the Bucs did in Tampa last season. One team will fold under the pressure and the other team will thrive. Im going with the Rams. Why??? Well we know about the Cowboys. WHAT COULD GO WRONG, WILL GO WRONG!!! I know the Rams are no longer from St. Louis but they were once in the "Show Me State" so Dallas is going to have to show me that they have arrived in terms of getting back to the Superbowl to truly be talked about in the fashion that they already are even though they havent been to the NFCCG in 26yrs. Dak already one a playoff game before when the Cowboys beat the Seahawks to advance to play the Rams in the divisional round in 2018 before the Rams literally ran through them and won. I think this game will be a really good one but I think this is going to be a Stafford type of game. Stafford gets knock for not winning a playoff game but we forget that he had the Lions leading in that game with like 2:30 left against the Cowboys back in 2014 in the wildcard round but we know the Lions organization just dont know how to handle success so they found a way to lose. Some say the refs screwed the Lions with some iffy penalties. Anyways, I think Stafford is going to make sure its a no doubter that he leads his new team, the team that does know how to handle success, to a win and take the Rams back to the Superbowl. 

You lost me at Cowboys being 1 and OBJ being a major factor, lol.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NeptunePenguins said:

The Cards don't have much of a chance either. 

Cards don't have much of a chance at the 1 seed?

What an asinine statement.  The Falcons don't have much of a chance.

I'll take Packers, Bucs, Cards over Cowboys for 1 seed.

Not saying they CANT get it, but really?

Edited by Zalixar

1 minute ago, Zalixar said:

Cards don't have much of a chance?

What an asinine statement.  The Falcons don't have much of a chance.

I'll take Packers, Bucs, Cards over Cowboys.

1. cowboys

2. rams

3. bucs

4. packers

5. cardinals

6. doesnt matter

7. saints

saints over rams

so dallas just has to beat NO very likely

bucs beat whoever is in the 6 seed

cards beat packers in the wc (playoff demons to gb)

so, dallas just has to beat NO to have a 10% chance of beating the winner of bucs-cardinals.

its a 10 percent chance because the bucs have a 90 percent chance to beat arizona because brady.

and then clearly tampa bay makes it to the SB. where they might actually lose to an inferior team in the afc as sometimes happens

maybe the bengals?