NFL Playoff Machine 2021 (Playoff Predictor added pg1)

SteelKing728

8 hours ago, Zalixar said:

Of all players though, OBJ? How about old faithful in Donald/Kupp?  Of all players I'm worried about, OBJ is down there.  That's just being hopeful he will be a breakout player.  He was a detriment to the Brown's offense by being in it, not because of Baker. He is already injured before being traded.  I don't know, Rams could easily beat the Cardinals, just not with the OBJ being the main argument, it's not that convincing.

Sometimes you have to win games with others in the playoffs. I know Kupp is going to do his job but there will be a game or two where I do think OBJ is going to have to step up big time and make plays. Not saying Kupp or Donald won’t but teams are going to try to limit them as much as possible so that will open up the opportunities for players like Von and OBJ to show why they came to LA? But I get what you are saying bc OBJ hasn’t been that guy in Cleveland neither has he done anything in the one playoff game he played in so not many is going to think he will do much in these playoffs. I just believe in him and his talent plus the system he is in with the Rams that I expect good things from him in the playoffs. 

12 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I get what you are saying. Im not saying the Cards cant get the 1 seed. Im saying the Cowboys have the easiest path. Yes Washington has caused the Cowboys problems and yest the Eagles are improving but do you think anyone will actually say Washington is going to beat them once let alone twice? I think that showdown between the Cowboys and Cards will probably decide who gets the 1 seed. 

If TB gets past Indy, they'll get the #1 seed. If they lose to Indy, they will still have a shot, look at their schedule.

I still maintain the opinion the rest of the NFC has not pulled far ahead enough of TB while they were dealing with major injury concerns. The problem for the NFC is that these concerns will be gone in a week or 2 and Tampa Bay has nobody they won't get back very soon.

The win in Seattle could prove to be crucial for ARI and give them the #1 seed but I would have very little confidence they could actually take down Tampa in the playoffs. I don't trust Dallas to do it either and Dallas has guys dinged up right now. I think they are more the 3 or 4 seed and might have to deal with a really feisty Minnesota team in the wild card round. The Pack is too injuried right now for me to have confidence in them as well. The one team I would actually have confidence is if they get it together are your Los Angeles Rams. The problem is that I don't know if they would even survive the wild card round if they don't win the division and I don't think they would walk into Tampa Bay in win there either.

In short, Tampa Bay is still going to the Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

If TB gets past Indy, they'll get the #1 seed. If they lose to Indy, they will still have a shot, look at their schedule.

I still maintain the opinion the rest of the NFC has not pulled far ahead enough of TB while they were dealing with major injury concerns. The problem for the NFC is that these concerns will be gone in a week or 2 and Tampa Bay has nobody they won't get back very soon.

The win in Seattle could prove to be crucial for ARI and give them the #1 seed but I would have very little confidence they could actually take down Tampa in the playoffs. I don't trust Dallas to do it either and Dallas has guys dinged up right now. I think they are more the 3 or 4 seed and might have to deal with a really feisty Minnesota team in the wild card round. The Pack is too injuried right now for me to have confidence in them as well. The one team I would actually have confidence is if they get it together are your Los Angeles Rams. The problem is that I don't know if they would even survive the wild card round if they don't win the division and I don't think they would walk into Tampa Bay in win there either.

In short, Tampa Bay is still going to the Super Bowl.

The Rams did walk into Tampa and beat this same team last season with Goff and without Whitworth. So the Rams are more than capable. And if anyone pays close attention to the Rams under McVay they would know the Rams play better on the road than at home for whatever reason. But I do think the Bucs strongly can win the Superbowl again but so can any of the top 5 teams in the NFC.

Interesting question for you and anyone who want to answer, who do you feel needs the 1 seed the most in the NFC? 

Edited by stl4life07

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

The Rams did walk into Tampa and beat this same team last season with Goff and without Whitworth. So the Rams are more than capable. And if anyone pays close attention to the Rams under McVay they would know the Rams play better on the road than at home for whatever reason. But I do think the Bucs strongly can win the Superbowl again but so can any of the top 5 teams in the NFC.

Interesting question for you and anyone who want to answer, who do you feel needs the 1 seed the most in the NFC? 

They did it last year, yes. But as you see this year, Tampa Bay is really hard to beat at home. You need to get those guys in a road playoff game. That's when Brady loses, not at home.

The Rams need the #1 seed because winning the Super Bowl as a #5 seed is a monumental task. 2 games in LA vs 3 straight games on the road can easily be the difference between winning it all and losing in the wildcard round.

The Rams problem isn't Odell, Stafford or whoever. It's that the Cardinals have won 2 big road games with Colt McCoy and are threatening for the division pushing the Rams in this tough spot.

18 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

They did it last year, yes. But as you see this year, Tampa Bay is really hard to beat at home. You need to get those guys in a road playoff game. That's when Brady loses, not at home.

The Rams need the #1 seed because winning the Super Bowl as a #5 seed is a monumental task. 2 games in LA vs 3 straight games on the road can easily be the difference between winning it all and losing in the wildcard round.

The Rams problem isn't Odell, Stafford or whoever. It's that the Cardinals have won 2 big road games with Colt McCoy and are threatening for the division pushing the Rams in this tough spot.

I know the Bucs dont lose at home this season but styles make fights. The Rams play the type of offense that the Bucs defense cant stop. You can pencil in at least 30pts the Rams will score on the Bucs bc they cant pressure Stafford and last season they didnt pressure Goff even without Whitworth. They dont have an answer for Kupp. Kupp looks literally like an MVP against the Bucs bc he just goes off. Now no Woods but I think OBJ and/or Jefferson will still do damage against the Bucs secondary. Then on the other side of the ball the Rams defense has given Brady fits three straight times they have faced him. Now this year people dont talk about Brady struggling bc he put up empty stats so people look at the 400+yds passing and 2 total tds but people do realize most of those yards and one of those tds came when the Bucs were down by 17pts and the game was out of reach. It took the last drive for him to get his lone td pass to Gio. Even that drive the Rams were teeing off of Brady. The reason is bc Donald can get pressure up the middle and now with Von added opposite of Floyd at linebacker to rush from everywhere I want to see how the Bucs do handling all of that pressure bc they sure dont run the ball well especially against the Rams in the last two times they faced them.

Id love for the Rams to have the 1 seed and I do think it will be an extremely tough task to get to the Superbowl going on the road three straight times, but again if there is one team I believe can do it thats the Rams. To me it would take that first game where I do think the pressure will be all on Stafford to finally break through and win. If he gets that then I think the Rams will be a dangerous team moving forward.

The Cards are certainly a big threat. Two things I want to see from the Cards moving forward. 1) I want to see how Murray plays as he is getting healthy from his injury. We saw last year that a healthy Murray is unstoppable but an injured Murray isnt all that good. It was smart to rest him so he can come back as healthy as possibly so I want to see how he looks the rest of the regular season to see if there is any dip in his play. 2) I want to see how this Rams team looks with a fully and comfortable Von in the defensive system. Now we will get to see it as these next 7 games goes along. I think if we Von gets comfortable in his role on the defense that is just fully rushing the passer then when the Rams go up against the likes of Murray and you have to double and even triple Donald then I think Von can give Murray alot of trouble in the pocket. The Rams went and acquired Von bc they know they have to get through Murray, Brady, ARod, and Dak if they want to get to the Superbowl. So when those QBs line up and see Von, Donald, and Floyd across the line especially if its a passing situation its going to make things that much more hard for them no matter where the game is played. 

Playoff predictions

AFC

WILDCARD ROUND

#1 Ravens (bye) (14-3)
7 Colts (10-7)vs. 2 Tenn (13-4) (Colts get final playoff spot by way of tiebreaker over Cinci. (10-7)
6 Chargers(11-6) vs. 3 KCC(12-5)
5 NE (11-6)vs. 4 Buf(11-6)
Interesting, all 3 games would be divisional games. 

Never going to happen ,but that's what I predicted. 

Just missing the playoffs
Raiders (9-8)

NFC

WILDCARD ROUND

#1 Zona (bye) (14-3)
7 Washington (9-8)vs. 2 Tampa Bay (13-4)
6 49ers (10-7) vs. 3 Green Bay (12-5) Oh wow!
5 Rams (12-5) vs. 4 Philly(10-7)

Dallas 9-8, Carolina 9-8, and Vikings 8-9

Edited by jjbnum3

9 hours ago, jjbnum3 said:

Dallas 9-8,

I can hear it now, the travesty that the NFCE is hosting another playoff game vs a team with a better record and said team lost. 🙄 

Whether Dallas or Philly. Let the fun begin. lol

Love how people are predicting Dallas to tank and miss the playoffs just because they’ve been in a small slump (small compared to their actual success/ total body of work) while being a beat up/ injured football team. They also have a lot of divisional games left and clearly should be able to handle that. Too bad horrific officiating added another game to their slump, but they’re still just as formidable as anyone else in the NFC. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I can hear it now, the travesty that the NFCE is hosting another playoff game vs a team with a better record and said team lost. 🙄 

Whether Dallas or Philly. Let the fun begin. lol

I mean, unless Dallas tanks the rest of the season that talk would be totally unwarranted. There hasn’t been much of a notable gap between Dallas and other top teams in the NFC. It’s not like they’ve just been the beneficiaries of a lousy division and that’s the only reason they’re relevant in comparison to the other top teams. As it stands right now, Dallas has earned its spot. They just need to get healthy and shake out of a small slump. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

14 hours ago, jjbnum3 said:

Playoff predictions

AFC

WILDCARD ROUND

#1 Ravens (bye) (14-3)
7 Colts (10-7)vs. 2 Tenn (13-4) (Colts get final playoff spot by way of tiebreaker over Cinci. (10-7)
6 Chargers(11-6) vs. 3 KCC(12-5)
5 NE (11-6)vs. 4 Buf(11-6)
Interesting, all 3 games would be divisional games. 

Never going to happen ,but that's what I predicted. 

Raiders (9-8)

NFC

WILDCARD ROUND

#1 Zona (bye) (14-3)
7 Washington (9-8)vs. 2 Tampa Bay (13-4)
6 49ers (10-7) vs. 3 Green Bay (12-5) Oh wow!

Dallas 9-8, Carolina 9-8, and Vikings 8-9

I will laugh my tail off if Dallas ends up missing the playoffs. That would be an epic collapse. Even worst than them losing three straight that season where all they had to do was just win one game in the final three and they would be in and they couldnt. 

I do think the Niners could get in and face the Packers in the Wildcard. If that happens it would be the worst matchup the Packers could ever dream of having. I think the Niners would win too. Id love for the Rams to face Philly. Tampa facing Washington would be interesting although I cant see Washington for the second straight meeting giving them fits. I think Tampa will take care of business easily.

No way the Ravens are getting the one seed. Not with all their issues they have. Their defense is really bad and you cant promise me Lamar wont miss another game. Seems like he misses alot of games due to an illness. Plus the injuries are piling up to their receivers. Ill stills say Buffalo gets the one seed and dont sleep on the Chiefs if by so chance the Bills slip up.