Broncos extend WR Tim Patrick (3 years, $34.5 M, $18.5 M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

So. Damn. Reliable.

You’ve got to love this guy. He just profiles as one of the best possession receivers in the NFL. He’s earned this contract and I’m glad that he will play out his prime in Denver.

I hope this doesn’t spell the end for Sutton though. 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 2:31 PM, broncosfan_101 said:

Nelson Agholor got $22M over 2 years in the offseason, and you guys think Tim Patrick is gonna be in the $7-8M range annually?? I’d lock him in for 6 years at that price. He’s easily north of $10M per, probably around $12M.  

From the Patrick vs Sutton thread.

Super love seeing guys like this getting paid. I still think Sutton should’ve been priority #1, but Tim Patrick’s a real player, so this is fine from the team’s perspective. 

One less thing to do this off-season, that’s a plus.

• Like 4

Super happy for Tim. Paton again rebuilding the relationship with the players showing if you come out, work hard, and make plays, you're going to be rewarded. Solid player who is now locked in through Jerry Jeudy's rookie contract. Great job managing the cap and keeping very good players on good contracts. You get most in trouble when you pay great players star money and thats potentially what we could have gotten into with Sutton. Curious what the game plan is now for him.

Doesn't actually mean Sutton is gone. 

Bucs, Rams, and Giants are all paying only their top 2 wrs about 30mil/yr. 

Theoretically, it would look like this for us if Sutton is extended:

Sutton @ 17/yr

Patrick @ 11/yr 

Jeudy @ 4/yr

Hamler @ 2/yr 

That's definitely a lot to spend on WRs but we do have the cap... and it becomes mostly manageable that Tim's contract is only a 3 year deal (although something would have to happen if Jeudy's 5th year option is accepted). Will be interesting to see what happens. 

Edited by grizmo78
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

Super happy for Tim. Paton again rebuilding the relationship with the players showing if you come out, work hard, and make plays, you're going to be rewarded. Solid player who is now locked in through Jerry Jeudy's rookie contract. Great job managing the cap and keeping very good players on good contracts. You get most in trouble when you pay great players star money and thats potentially what we could have gotten into with Sutton. Curious what the game plan is now for him.

Doesn't actually mean Sutton is gone. 

Bucs, Rams, and Giants are all paying only their top 2 wrs about 30mil/yr. 

Theoretically, it would look like this for us if Sutton is extended:

Sutton @ 17/yr

Patrick @ 11/yr 

Jeudy @ 4/yr

Hamler @ 2/yr 

That's definitely a lot to spend on WRs but we do have the cap... and it becomes mostly manageable that Tim's contract is only a 3 year deal (although something would have to happen if Jeudy's 5th year option is accepted). Will be interesting to see what happens. 

Wondered this same thing.. probably not a coincidence that Patrick’s contract is coterminous w/ Jeudy’s 5th year option. 

• Like 1

Good for Patrick earned and deserved it.  We will see if they can get a deal done for Sutton, but I think this is indication he is gone, which makes sense.

Cant help but think Sutton leaves and ends up being a terrific receiver with a QB that can throw the ball.

23 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

I posted this in the NFL News thread and I wanted people's opinion on it.

What I’m wondering is, what kind of impact a new OC could have on Fant, seems that’s coming so why jump the gun until you see him in a new system ? Our current receiving corp has some dynamic potential, Shurmer definitely underutilizing it IMO