Sign in to follow this  
TheKillerNacho

Week 9: Oakland Raiders (3-5) @ Miami Dolphins (4-3) ... yay, another Primetime game

OAK @ MIA  

9 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who wins?

• Oakland Raiders
    • Miami Dolphins
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• Less than 3 point difference
    • 3-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • More than 15 point difference
  3. 3. Which player scores the most fantasy points in this game?

• Jay Cutler
    • Derek Carr
    • Kenyan Drake
    • Damien Williams
    • Marshawn Lynch
    • Jalen Richard
    • Jarvis Landry
    • DeVante Parker
    • Kenny Stills
    • Amari Cooper
    • Michael Crabtree
    • Seth Roberts
    • Cordarelle Patterson
    • Julius Thomas
    • Anthony Fasano
    • Jared Cook
    • Cody Parkey
    • Giorgio Tavecchio
    • Dolphins DST
    • Raiders DST

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/06/2017 at 01:00 AM

dm_140924_nfl_Predict_MIAOAK.jpg

After being utterly embarrassed for the third time this year, this time in primetime, can Adam Gase lead his Dolphins to a win at home over the struggling Raiders? My gut says no.

Oakland 34
Miami 17

But, GO DOLPHINS!

The Dolphins are going to get the win here, at home. The trading of Ajayi is very significant, because it signals the Dolphins transitioning from a running based attack, to a dink and dunk based attack. With Steen gone, and Larsen not ready yet, the Dolphins are going to be thin along the line. Davis has good technique, but he isn't a road grader. The Dolphins won't be able to run inside the tackles. So Cutler is going to be asked to throw lots of short passes to back off the defense, and the Dolphins will run using the shotgun. Expect to see allot of dumpoffs to the RB's, and short passes to the TE's. I think that the Dolphins can move the ball this way, and Landry gets better with more targets. We all have seen that if the defense gets some rest, they can be good. I don't think that they are going to shut out the Raiders, but I think that the defense can slow them down enough to keep the Dolphins in the game. I predict a score very close to the last Jets game. Miami 3 TD's and 2 FG's for 27 points. Raiders 3 TD's and one FG for 24 points.

6 hours ago, ericsvibe said:

The Dolphins are going to get the win here, at home. The trading of Ajayi is very significant, because it signals the Dolphins transitioning from a running based attack, to a dink and dunk based attack. With Steen gone, and Larsen not ready yet, the Dolphins are going to be thin along the line. Davis has good technique, but he isn't a road grader. The Dolphins won't be able to run inside the tackles. So Cutler is going to be asked to throw lots of short passes to back off the defense, and the Dolphins will run using the shotgun. Expect to see allot of dumpoffs to the RB's, and short passes to the TE's. I think that the Dolphins can move the ball this way, and Landry gets better with more targets. We all have seen that if the defense gets some rest, they can be good. I don't think that they are going to shut out the Raiders, but I think that the defense can slow them down enough to keep the Dolphins in the game. I predict a score very close to the last Jets game. Miami 3 TD's and 2 FG's for 27 points. Raiders 3 TD's and one FG for 24 points.

I agree, there is no way Miami is going to run the ball consistently this year with the line they have. Ajayi was a terrible blocker  and not that great out of the backfield catching the ball. I think the new offense going forward is going to be tons of short passes with the occasional shot down the field to Parker and Stills. A lot of Miami's troubles on offense are line related and the cure for that is a quick and  short passing game.

The very Dolphins thing to do is win a close one at home on Sunday and then get blown out in Carolina. 

On 10/31/2017 at 5:05 PM, ericsvibe said:

The Dolphins already have a pass-favored offensive attack and rush less than 40% of their plays. Getting even further from a balanced run/pass ratio will only continue to hurt them more. Furthermore they never transitioned away from the short-intermediate passing game to being with. That's what Gase's offense is. The majority of his passing concepts act as an extension of the run game and that fact holds even more truth right now with a paltry 5.5 Y/A. And now without a competent RB (having traded away the only capable back that could get hard to gain yardage after first contact, which most often starts n in the backfield with this o-line) opposing defense's will find it easy to defend a one-dimensional offense that possesses very little ability to run the ball.There's no silver lining here for the NFL's worst offense. 

Good luck tonight boys. Hoping for no injuries. A game between two crappy teams has the potential to be a good. Have to wait and see though.

I only watched the first half. We gave up the one bomb TD, and Drake fumbled it away. Other than that, we looked good. Cook ended up getting us on 3rd downs, but I don't think much came of it.

What we saw here is a glimpse of the future, the first real step in turning this offense around. With the stone handed, no wiggle Ajayi finally gone, we saw what Drake and Williams can do. They are going to be electric going forward. This offense is only going to get better. Cutler was in his element 3 TD's, over 300 yards, no Int's. Cutler can give us this every game. With Larsen and McDonald back next week,we are going to have a very good team. There is a silver lining to getting rid of Ajayi. Watching a RB with a real burst was such a nice change. If Drake gets a hole to run through, he is gone. We need to clean up the stupid penalties, and continue to grow this offense.

1 hour ago, ericsvibe said:

What we saw here is a glimpse of the future, the first real step in turning this offense around. With the stone handed, no wiggle Ajayi finally gone, we saw what Drake and Williams can do. They are going to be electric going forward. This offense is only going to get better. Cutler was in his element 3 TD's, over 300 yards, no Int's. Cutler can give us this every game. With Larsen and McDonald back next week,we are going to have a very good team. There is a silver lining to getting rid of Ajayi. Watching a RB with a real burst was such a nice change. If Drake gets a hole to run through, he is gone. We need to clean up the stupid penalties, and continue to grow this offense.

I gotta say, I really do like Drake as a runner.  I just don't think he can hold up.  

The bolded is what cost us a win last night.  Very frustrating.