Last of Us 2 - POTENTIAL SPOILERS. Poster Beware

BobbyPhil1781

Abby's gameplay sections improve after day 1. Day 1 for both Ellie and Abby were the lowest points in the game for me. I'm so glad I avoided spoilers because I know I would have hated it had I read them before. While the playthrough was difficult, I at least experience the story in its entirety.  I hated the trip mines, I had so many in my playthrough. So glad that they actually included stalkers in this game. They were largely absent in the first game. 

I'm looking forward to round 2, mostly because now I'll savour those precious moments of levity and warmth. 

Not sure what they do with a 3rd game. I feel like Abby and Lev would be the main characters somehow. Maybe we get a happy ending for Ellie. Who knows. I can't imagine it'd arrive any time soon. 

At Ellie's sequence in St Mary's hospital when does the game go downhill when is the climax? Best part ? No spoilers just characters and days.

I'm loving it I slow play games that take this much out of me I look for everything

Edited by thebestever6

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

At Ellie's sequence in St Mary's hospital when does the game go downhill when is the climax? Best part ? No spoilers just characters and days.

The game goes downhill once you reach the aquarium as Ellie. It becomes irredeemably awful after Abby's campaign. 

I really think I encountered the issue I'll have with this game it's doom and gloom and the heavier the plot gets the more action and interactive the gameplay gets.

That's not original to me feels all too much like a max Payne survival game. Which is cool but it's been done before and I remember loving max Payne three but the plot wasn't memorable years later. I just remembered thinking I killed an entire army lol and the levels were awesome and you were trying to rescue a girl and a good guy was bad.

The first tlou was awesome because the gameplay truly felt like a great adventure not getting the same vibes but I am enjoying my playthrough.

And Jesse wasn't developed enough to this point feels like a Noah from the walking dead tbh.

Kinda think Abby and Ellie is gonna turn into a Rick governor situation lol. They're both wreckless people but who will be humane or have a little humanity left and who will go full out evjl just isn't catching my interest.

I'm not reading posts since they could be spoilery but I just got to the reunion of Ellie and Jesse and so far, this game is so dope. The dogs are game changers also. The little town and truck scene with Jesse was a tough battle. It must really fall off a cliff to get to the point people are saying it's at bc so far, it's just as good as the first. The museum with Ellie and Joel was excellent also. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

I'm not reading posts since they could be spoilery but I just got to the reunion of Ellie and Jesse and so far, this game is so dope. The dogs are game changers also. The little town and truck scene with Jesse was a tough battle. It must really fall off a cliff to get to the point people are saying it's at bc so far, it's just as good as the first. The museum with Ellie and Joel was excellent also. 

I mean, I don't think it was nearly as good as the first, but it doesn't fall off a cliff. The late game imo was unnecessary and I didn't like it, but there is a large vocal group of people who despise the story, so that's where you're hearing from most. 

2 weeks after beating it, I look back and don't even know if I enjoyed this game. Like, did I have fun at all? Generally I don't like scary games, and the Stalkers can f off. I just really liked the storytelling, despite it continually beating me down

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

I loved the mines too the proximity ones the sound of them going off is Soo satisfying

• Like 1

Played day one as Abby I'm loving it so far that stadium is pretty advanced. I like how she's built move for gun upgrades where as Ellie is more stealth.

Had to stop those people that whistle get on my nerves I get paranoid lol.

So far my only complaint about the game is how Joel faces his demise. Just think it's really unplausable after everything everyone's been through in this universe that they'd give their real name to strangers not even saying in hindsight.

A better story would of been Abby working her way into the group where they're out clearing areas and run into new mutating spores and Ellie calls him by his real name causing a reaction of Ellie unmasking him turning him into super mutated boss Joel lmao.

• Like 1

I die a lot in this game. Those little quiet 💩 are tough! Now these new Scar people and their damn whistling? Gotta get used to that. Just stopped after going through that massive crew after you first encounter them. This game isn't easy to me, that's for damn sure. Still though, it's so damn good. Waiting for this (supposed) drop off in appeal bc a few more hours tonight and it's still excellent!

Edited by JTagg7754
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Starless said:

Unrelated to the content of the game, but Laura Bailey has been getting death threats for her portrayal of Abby. 

We need gamer gulags. 

Humans are the dumbest species 

10 hours ago, Starless said:

Unrelated to the content of the game, but Laura Bailey has been getting death threats for her portrayal of Abby. 

We need gamer gulags. 

I think it's the pipe bombs lol very cool very terminator 1 esque doesn't help they made her look like Arnold in the game lol.