Last of Us 2 - POTENTIAL SPOILERS. Poster Beware

BobbyPhil1781

11 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Am I the only one that found the first one to be.... meh?

definitely a very good story, writing, etc. but the gameplay was good but not outstanding and I had zero interest in replaying. It also wasn’t very long.

it was a good game, but I just never got a feeling of it being GREAT

The combat although clunky wasn't terrible and it was probably intentionally designed that way, the stealth aspects were average to pretty good especially against the clickers. I definitely disagree with it being "Meh". 

The characters were great across the board. The graphics were outstanding. The story was great all around. Sound and voice acting was some of the best ever. Expansion was average but did hold up a hell of a lot better than a lot of DLC in today's market. The multiplayer was really really underrated and I had a lot of fun with it. 

Although it may not be your cup of tea I don't really know how anyone could  call it anything other than a great game. The sum of its parts are just better than almost any other game out there. I would put it probably in my top 10 games all time. 

Edited by Spartacus

I played through it twice - once on hard and once on survivor - and I thought the gameplay was basically fine. I liked how it forced you to think strategically about when to sneak and when to engage in open combat, and I thought the sneak mechanic was handled well. The shooting mechanic wasn't the easiest to work with, but I think that was a function of the PS4 controller not really being well-suited for aim & shoot gameplay in general. 

My biggest complaint was the lack of variety in enemy types and behaviors, but it's fairly justified, given the setting. There was also that one section during the sewer chapter that seemed like it was bugged (the infected would start going nuts for no apparent reason).

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2018 at 9:21 PM, Starless said:

If that demo accurately represented the way gameplay flows, it looks like a big step up from the first.

A lot of people complained about that but I never really noticed the problem. That demo looked so wonderful.

Edited by JTagg7754

1 minute ago, JTagg7754 said:

A lot of people complained about that but I never really noticed the problem. One of my favorite games of all time. That demo looked so wonderful.

The transitions between stealth and open combat felt a little herky-jerky in the first game. This looks a lot smoother.

4 minutes ago, Starless said:

What did they change about her face? Only the hair looks different to me.

It looked different. They took another step closer to the voice actress. It's a minor thing. 

If that gameplay is legit, those transitions look impressive. 

That was definitely not actual gameplay. ND (and plenty others) do this with every game, it's doctored in-game footage. It's basically a movie to which the game won't live up to, but not pure CGI. The enemies in that video actually resembled some sort of quality AI and realism, ND has no concept of any of this in their actual games.

Really interested to see what they do with the story.

Edited by Mossburg

11 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

That was definitely not actual gameplay. ND (and plenty others) do this with every game, it's doctored in-game footage. It's basically a movie to which the game won't live up to, but not pure CGI. The enemies in that video actually resembled some sort of quality AI and realism, ND has no concept of any of this in their actual games.

Dude, just say it was tech demo. 

19 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

While I'd like it to be otherwise, you're probably right. I'd be surprised if we saw all those elements in the gameplay. 

The people surprised by how the trailer opened clearly didn't play the DLC.