Last of Us 2 - POTENTIAL SPOILERS. Poster Beware

BobbyPhil1781

On 5/16/2018 at 3:32 PM, Starless said:

I played through it twice - once on hard and once on survivor - and I thought the gameplay was basically fine. I liked how it forced you to think strategically about when to sneak and when to engage in open combat, and I thought the sneak mechanic was handled well. The shooting mechanic wasn't the easiest to work with, but I think that was a function of the PS4 controller not really being well-suited for aim & shoot gameplay in general. 

My biggest complaint was the lack of variety in enemy types and behaviors, but it's fairly justified, given the setting. There was also that one section during the sewer chapter that seemed like it was bugged (the infected would start going nuts for no apparent reason).

How in the butt f***** hell did you beat the bloater in the high school part on survivor??? I barely beat that part on medium lol

Tech demo or not that was an awesome trailer.   

Re: Ellie keep in mind we are forward at least several years.   Any differences in appearance are just her being a young adult now.  Don’t see the issue.  

Can’t wait.   Given Naughty Dog’s track record I have nothing but high hopes here.  

Edited by Broncofan

Glad they aren't dancing around her sexuality given how much reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'ing was had about that after the DLC for TLOU1 dropped.

Here's some stuff from Neil putting what was shown last night into a little bit more context

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/06/11/the-last-of-us-part-ii-gameplay-revealed/

In The Last of Us Part II, Ellie is now 19 and has found a semblance of peace and normality living in Jackson. She’s had a chance to be a teenager and forge lasting relationships. When that peace is disrupted by a violent act, Ellie is thrust into a brutal journey of retribution, fueled by a need to bring those that have wronged her to justice, pushing her to her very limits.

I also like how it paints the choice Joel made at the end of part 1 as not being as world dooming as people interpreted it as (for now).

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Glad they aren't dancing around her sexuality given how much reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'ing was had about that after the DLC for TLOU1 dropped.

Here's some stuff from Neil putting what was shown last night into a little bit more context

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/06/11/the-last-of-us-part-ii-gameplay-revealed/

I also like how it paints the choice Joel made at the end of part 1 as not being as world dooming as people interpreted it as (for now).

To me it’s fine even if it ended up being a huge decision global-impact wise.   It makes it more of a human move that TBH we all kinda get given what Ellie means to Joel.  Given the battle scene in the trailer, I’m guessing the world is still a pretty brutal place to live in - seems doubtful that Joel’s decision hasn’t had a huge impact in keeping the Cordyceps as a real threat (would be surprising if ppl were still that brutal with no spectre of apocalypse left).  Which again I’m totally fine with.  The kind of grey that made LoU a classic story-wise  IMO.   I'd actually be disappointed if they took Joel off the hook completely for that decision, the impact of it creates much of the drama behind that ending.

Edited by Broncofan

13 hours ago, sunnygsm said:

While I'd like it to be otherwise, you're probably right. I'd be surprised if we saw all those elements in the gameplay. 

The people surprised by how the trailer opened clearly didn't play the DLC. 

I don't know why anyone who played LoU and wants to see the E3 trailer on Opening Night wouldn't play the DLC.     Now, if you didn't like LoU, I guess, but then I don't know why those ppl would be set to see the LoU2 trailer live then, either.

• 1 year later...
13 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I've been waiting to buy a really nice 4K TV, probably going to do it for this game.  I can't believe it will have been damn near 7 years since the first one by the time this one comes out.  So freakin' excited.

I remember it like it was yesterday. Even the impact of the storytelling and characters. Still all there. The fact we actually have a release date is surreal...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I've been waiting to buy a really nice 4K TV, probably going to do it for this game.  I can't believe it will have been damn near 7 years since the first one by the time this one comes out.  So freakin' excited.

I'm glad it's been 7 years. They need to get this right and by the previews, it sure af looks like they did. I only played the first like 3 years ago so it's still been a relatively short time (in gaming land) since I got to experience it. Might have to give it another play through before this comes out.