Eagles Acquire Jay Ajayi for 4th Round Pick

WeaponX

Hopefully the cap goes up in two years 

but a year and a half rental of a good young back isn’t bad. 

I don’t think it precludes us from drafting one early in the draft if he’s best available...they seem to like the stable approach 

Not a huge fan, I didn't think the runners have been a problem for us, and Ajayi is nothing special. Would much rather have packaged this 4th to go after Duane Brown, I know his price tag was evidently very high but still think we should go all in with this 7-1 start.

That being said, I'll take Ajayi for a 4th over drafting a running back in the 1st.

I like the move. Pretty cheap. He's a 3 down back. Not exactly sure how well he can block but he's got to be better than what we have blocking in RBs. 

We'll have him on the last year of his contact next year. Ajayi and Blount, with the same deal next year or draft a thumper, and hopefully Pump is worth something. 

Just hope we get 2016 Ajayi and not 2017. 

20 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I've seen some Dolphins fans say he's missed holes and pass blocking assignments.

I wonder how much is him and how much is a not so good OL.

The Dolphins are garbage. I'm not saying Ajayi is the GOAT but there's a good likelihood an offense led by Jay Cutler ain't going anywhere.

Archived