Turkey Day GDT: Raiders @ Cowboys 🦃

DaBoys

2 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

You have to turn around for the ball if you don’t they will almost always throw the flag. Football 101

No you dont. Only if you make forceable contact, which 1. Brown didnt and 2. any contact that happened was Jacksons fault for grabbing him. 

4 minutes ago, chumpy said:

The offense lost this game.  Certainly 14 penalties doesn’t help.  

While yes it is legit to expect our O to do better to say our O lost this game, IMO is not correct. OUR secondary play first and foremost lost this game, TD return not withstanding the special teams play ranks second reason...      when you start closer to your 10 on a opening kick off that is a huge FAIL on special teams.    I would say the third in order "cause" was the ref's effect on the game.   Then after that I would go with the O...

Just now, textaz03 said:

Hopefully this Mini Bye we fix some issues! 

but I’m still fuming over McCarthy literally taking points off the board that would have been the winning point and these Refs having so much influence over the outcome of a game. It’s disgusting 

No mini bye...Saints next Thursday.

I hate losing in any manner, and this one sucked.. But with all the loses in years past, this loss does NOT shred my confidence anywhere near the other loses from other years.

This team, with today's roster may not be SB contenders, but given the huge importance of key players out, all at the same 2 positions (WR and DE) I still strongly feel we will be as good in the upcoming weeks (barring no other surprise injuries/Covid) as any time this year.

7 days and then get 10 days to get rested and return our stud players, we will again shine BIGTIME..

remember I said that

Edited by resilient part 2

10 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Hopefully this Mini Bye we fix some issues! 

but I’m still fuming over McCarthy literally taking points off the board that would have been the winning point and these Refs having so much influence over the outcome of a game. It’s disgusting 

The odd part above...at least for me.....whenever this point is made I come back to this.....you're making an assumption that every single play would have played out afterwards the same exact way it actually did when we missed. It wouldn't have. 

Raiders could have fumbled the proceeding KO for example. 

Edited by HDsportsfan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Watch the play. HIS ENTIRE HELMET IS IN JACKSONS HANDS. How do you turn your head when a grown *** man is holding it? 

I don’t know how fans don’t understand this. The idea of “HE DIDNT TURN AROUND THO” is so dumb and basic. Do people know what interfering even is? Brown did nothing to actually physically interfere with Jackson. Jackson himself was the one who made more contact. 

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Watch the play. HIS ENTIRE HELMET IS IN JACKSONS HANDS. How do you turn your head when a grown *** man is holding it? 

Turn around for the ball and there is probably no flag thrown really simple. Had plenty of time to turn his head. 

Edited by cromagnum

5 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

The odd part above...at least for me.....whenever this point is made I come back to this.....you're making an assumption that every single play would have played out afterwards. It wouldn't have. 

While that is true, you took a positive play off the board for a negative play. I’m a firm believe you don’t take points off the board