Turkey Day GDT: Raiders @ Cowboys 🦃

DaBoys

6 minutes ago, quiller said:

Our kicker showed that the kick was well with in  his range.  That means you take the kick.     Any time you play you take the points when available.   From what we have seen in our kicker I would say he makes that kick over 50% and that the right odds for that time and score.   If that was first drive of the game I might have said different..

do not like the Wild cat on that... 

I don't have a problem with the kick either. It was certainly long enough. He just freakin' missed it again.

Guys, a 59 yard attempt in that situation is obviously ridiculous. Everyone knows that Greg can kick it that far… that’s obvious. That doesn’t make it a good call. It’s still a 59 yard field goal attempt. The consequences of not making that kick comes down to giving the Raiders great field position in a game where our team was clearly and obviously struggling. It’s a completely stupid risk that could have back fired very badly. The team was extremely fortunate nothing came of the mistake. 

2 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Guys, a 59 yard attempt in that situation is obviously ridiculous. Everyone knows that Greg can kick it that far… that’s obvious. That doesn’t make it a good call. It’s still a 59 yard field goal attempt. The consequences of not making that kick comes down to giving the Raiders great field position in a game where our team was clearly and obviously struggling. It’s a completely stupid risk that could have back fired very badly. The team was extremely fortunate nothing came of the mistake. 

What???? Can't kick it that far??? It was half way up the upright. If you're argument is accuracy, then that's a better argument. A 59 yarder is not that far to be unreasonable in todays game..

Edited by HDsportsfan

5 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

What???? Can't kick it that far??? It was half way up the upright. If you're argument is accuracy, then that's a better argument. A 59 yarder is not that far to be unreasonable in todays game..

Look at what I wrote again (it’s in the quote). I said that Greg can kick it that far. The fact that it was possible to make doesn’t make it a good decision. There is wayyy more to it than that, which is what I explained in my last post. 

4 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Look at what I wrote again (it’s in the quote). I said that Greg can kick it that far. The fact that it was possible to make doesn’t make it a good decision. There is wayyy more to it than that, which is what I explained in my last post. 

OK...maybe a read it to literally. We agree to disagree. I still don't have a problem with it. Just part of the game. My bigger issue is not challenging that non fumble call actually. I really try to not to play the "blame the refs" game. But the erfs clearly dictated the 1st quarter. AB has been 50-50 this year, but those two on AB were just horrible.

Edited by HDsportsfan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HDsportsfan said:

OK...maybe a read it to literally. We agree to disagree. I still don't have a problem with it. Just part of the game. My bigger issue is not challenging that non fumble call actually. I really try to not to play the "blame the refs" game. But the erfs clearly dictated the 1st quarter. AB has been 50-50 this year, but those two on AB were just horrible.

The half time show made a good point. NY told the refs it was incomplete, they told McCarthy. There was no one to challenge too - they did an internal challenge on their own. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The half time show made a good point. NY told the refs it was incomplete, they told McCarthy. There was no one to challenge too - they did an internal challenge on their own. 

And that was a huge momentum changer early in the game