Turkey Day GDT: Raiders @ Cowboys 🦃

DaBoys

grrrr... had a long perfect 10 post ready and typed...  lost it 

IMO I hate the deserve and not deserve mind set.   We didn't "deserve to loose" no more then the Raiders "deserved" to win...     They won we lost  there is no DESERVE in the finals standings..

about the PI's.  I agree with Matts almost 100% he is right in that it wasn't PI and by rule should not have been called, but you will see that called almost all the time. Looking at the photo on ESPN site really shows how Brown had ZERO contact with the receiver as the pass hit Brown... I have seen it not called a number of times but the way the ref's were calling things today that in a way was the closest to a PI today and they called what 5....  or 6.....    

just some other little tid bits about the game...

starting position Cowboys 19 Raiders 28

yards rushing Cowboys 64 Raiders 134  YIKES.....    

passing yards Cowboys 375 Raiders 373

penalty yards Cowboys 166 Raiders 114

big plays 

over 20 cowboys  Raiders 4

over 30 cowboys 2 raiders 3 penalty 2

over 40 cowboys 1 raiders 0

over 50 cowboys 1 Raiders 2

total over 30--  Cowboys 4 Raiders 7 YIKES......   as a D you can not give up 7 plays over 30 yards and expect good results.  Or even 11 over 20....   That IMO is the main reason we lost the game. and to make maters worse not only did we give up a ton of big plays but to include 134 yards rushing is just unacceptable ....

Some will blame the offense as Dak had more then a few bad throws this game but this loss has to fall on the D's head and I would say our D coaches as at times it seems the players were in no position to make the plays.  Raiders had a ton of WIDE open receivers this game.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

No, he was not. The calls were terrible. That is not Browns fault.

If the Cowboys didn’t deserve to win neither did the Raiders? How many drive extending penalties did they get. How many extra opportunities? And yet they won on an OT field goal that they had multiple cracks at. 

Penalties were even. Bottom line Cowboys were losing all game and didn’t play well. Besides Parsons defense was trash and offense could not run the ball had a chance to win it in ot on the first possession did not get the job done. 

4 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

Penalties were even. Bottom line Cowboys were losing all game and didn’t play well. Besides Parsons defense was trash and offense could not run the ball had a chance to win it in ot on the first possession did not get the job done. 

I’m not going to say the defense was trash when drives were extended by ridiculous penalties time after time. The Raiders had a lot of penalties but they were different in nature? How many Dallas drives were extended by penalty. There is a difference between shooting yourself in the foot with sloppy offensive penalties and drive extending/ game altering penalties.

17 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

I’m not going to say the defense was trash when drives were extended by ridiculous penalties time after time. The Raiders had a lot of penalties but they were different in nature? How many Dallas drives were extended by penalty. There is a difference between shooting yourself in the foot with sloppy offensive penalties and drive extending/ game altering penalties.

Have you ever in your life seen a CB give up four DPI on a 3rd down? The last one being on 3rd and 18 is unbelievable. That was one of the worst performances by a CB in team history. 

Anthony Brown should be cut. 

Edited by Tony7188

17 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

It seems the penalties against Dallas were either drive savers for LV or taking points away for us.

THAT is how officials influence the outcome of a game.

Our WR and TE were getting mugged and nothing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony7188 said:

Have you ever in your life seen a CB give up four DPI on a 3rd down? The last one being on 3rd and 18 is unbelievable. That was one of the worst performances by a CB in team history. 

Anthony Brown should be cut. 

No I haven’t seen that. Certainly didn’t see Brown do it, despite what was called. They were horrible calls, especially the one on 3rd and 18. That is the refs fault, not Brown. You’re being over emotional if you think Brown should be cut. He has been more than solid for this team.

• Like 2