Eagles Acquire Jay Ajayi (for a 4th round pick)

WeaponX

2 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Philadelphia is going to be tough to beat this year. good move for them.

so what does this do to LeGarrette Blount? is he the backup? 

Probably. The Eagles have limited the amount of carries Blount has got.

He averages 14 carries with a high of 16. I think he'll still crack double digit carries some weeks, but obviously his carries will come down a bit.

A fresher Blount down the stretch is a good thing though.

I love the daily ritual of after trades where all the reports of "he's a problem child! he's selfish player! he has so many injuries! he's actually a really terrible player that my coaching genius made look decent!" always come out.

I see Gase is already losing it. Put the team on blast last week. Called out his star player on offense. Then trades their best offensive player for next to nothing. 

Countdown is on for him as a HC. He's out of his depth. This move IMO won't have the impact he's hoping which is for the team to take notice and respond. Guessing it has an opposite effect and negatively effect the locker room. 

8 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

While the Dolphins got good value they do not have the players to make this kinda move while they're still in the playoffs hunt. Now their top 2 RBs are a combined 22 rushes 57 yards on the year

Jeremy Hill is still available.  Spread the word...

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I see Gase is already losing it. Put the team on blast last week. Called out his star player on offense. Then trades their best offensive player for next to nothing. 

Countdown is on for him as a HC. He's out of his depth. This move IMO won't have the impact he's hoping which is for the team to take notice and respond. Guessing it has an opposite effect and negatively effect the locker room. 

While Gase certainly has input, he's not the GM....

Accountability is big for Gase. I'm not really pessimistic about him going forward at all, he's easily been, despite three embarrassments this year, our best coach since Shula. The players love him which gives him the needed respect to call guys out publicly. In his two and a half years as head coach, he's had to deal with more adversity than most teams in the NFL (espessially this season) while still leading us to our first playoff birth since 2008 and totaling a 14-9 record. It's literally a miracle that we're 4-3 this season despite the amount of bad luck and adversity the Dolphins have faced this year.

Archived