GM-HC options

Rolni

What are your thoughts on some outside candidates like Joe Brady (32) from Carolina or Mike McDaniel (38) from SF?  They both appear to be bright, young minds. 

I don't know much about them but know Brady was in serious HC contention for a few teams last offseason and McDaniel has worked his way up to OC under KS and is a Yale graduate.  

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What are your thoughts on some outside candidates like Joe Brady (32) from Carolina or Mike McDaniel (38) from SF?  They both appear to be bright, young minds. 

I don't know much about them but know Brady was in serious HC contention for a few teams last offseason and McDaniel has worked his way up to OC under KS and is a Yale graduate.  

McDaniel might work simple because I feel like everything the niners do can be replicated 

39 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'd pass on Brady just because he's so young and inexperienced. Other teams have had success bringing in young offensive minds but we're a dumpster fire right now.

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd pass on Brady just because he's so young and inexperienced. Other teams have had success bringing in young offensive minds but we're a dumpster fire right now.

The same could have been said about McVey.  Being a dumpster fire with no direction is exactly why I would bring in a bright young mind like Brady.  We need a fresh start and I do not want some old retread who has been around the block too many times.  We need an infusion of new and fresh ideas.  If Brady can formulate a plan and have success we will have found a coach for the next 30 years.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The same could have been said about McVey.  Being a dumpster fire with no direction is exactly why I would bring in a bright young mind like Brady.  We need a fresh start and I do not want some old retread who has been around the block too many times.  We need an infusion of new and fresh ideas.  If Brady can formulate a plan and have success we will have found a coach for the next 30 years.  

We need a leader that's going to rally the team and build a winning culture/identity. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

We need a leader that's going to rally the team and build a winning culture/identity. 

We need fresh ideas and a fresh start and what make you think a young HC can't build a winning culture and identity? Tomlin and McVey are two prime examples of young coaches who have done exactly that.

90 percent of this franchise needs to be dismantled.  

I don't see a better way to start a rebuild and introduce a culture change than with a bright young mind like either of the guys I have mentioned.  

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We need fresh ideas and a fresh start and what make you think a young HC can't build a winning culture and identity? Tomlin and McVey are two prime examples of young coaches who have done exactly that.

90 percent of this franchise needs to be dismantled.  

I don't see a better way to start a rebuild and introduce a culture change than with a bright young mind like either of the guys I have mentioned.  

If you bring in a young coach does that mean you also look to dump the core of the team and rebuild from the ground up?

38 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Raiders need a disciplinarian. I'm sick of blown assignment and penalties.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It seems we are looking for a young offensive genius, disciplinarian leader who can rally the team and rebuild the culture with an infusion of fresh ideas. 

Can 100 million buy a unicorn?

It should. The Raiders showed that they aren’t afraid to pay for a good coach to come in. Especially since they where willing to give that money to a mediocre coach. 

But I will say that none of the current crop of guys seem like they’re any good. Honestly if Mark was smart he’d be doing homework on whos available right now. The Raiders have a good head start on looking for a coach with plenty of cash to spend. Because it’s quite obvious that the next head coach of the Raiders isn’t on the staff. 

29 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

It should. The Raiders showed that they aren’t afraid to pay for a good coach to come in. Especially since they where willing to give that money to a mediocre coach. 

But I will say that none of the current crop of guys seem like they’re any good. Honestly if Mark was smart he’d be doing homework on whos available right now. The Raiders have a good head start on looking for a coach with plenty of cash to spend. Because it’s quite obvious that the next head coach of the Raiders isn’t on the staff. 

Ironic thing is David through that money at his man crush who wasn't that great of a coach to begin with. What caliber coach could you actually attract with that kind of money? 

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

cant say i have any confidence in this organization finding the right guys.

Same. I imagine it will be someone with Raider ties. Best case it's David Shaw, though he's pretty conservative offensively which would suck. 

Davis wants to win, he uses all that Gruden money he saved and goes whale hunting at GM.