GM-HC options

Rolni

On 11/25/2021 at 1:34 PM, drfrey13 said:

If you over draft a player in the top 5 by 20 picks even if he lives up to being a 20-25 ranked player that is a bust.  Ferrell not testing, his lack of athleticism in game film, and the players around him at Clemson should have knocked him down the draft board.  Based off of what I saw in games I am not taking Ferrell until the late teens.  Him not testing knocks him down even further.  Just a stupid decision and the team ignoring huge red flags.  Driving 150+ miles per hour after drinking is not something that just started the past year and a half.  That is some serious risk taking and the team should have come up with some red flags during there background checks.  On top of that there were 4 top WRs still on the board at 12 and we were going to pick again at 19.  If we wanted good value you wait to see who falls to 19.  Any of the 4 at 19 is better value than Ruggs at 12.  That combined with the red flags they should have uncovered would have led me to pass on Ruggs at 12.  He still could have been there at 19.

He still should have been a dominant run stopper with 7-8 sacks a year. Ruggs is just a young kid who ****ed up his life with one bad decision, everybody knows someone like that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

He still should have been a dominant run stopper with 7-8 sacks a year. Ruggs is just a young kid who ****ed up his life with one bad decision, everybody knows someone like that.

If you succeed in college with marginal athleticism chances are extremely high that your skills will not translate to the pros.  Ferrell can become a decent to good player in the pros but that is a bust if you are drafted #4 overall.  With Ruggs the team should have been able to find signs of this type of behavior before he went pro.  I do not think our team does a very good job of background checks so I am not surprised they found nothing.  It is possible but not likely that he got a bunch of money and lost track of who he is but it is much more likely that this was who he was before the money.  It was not 1 bad decision by Ruggs.  It was the 1 bad decision he made that had a bad outcome.  No way that night was the first time he said I am going to drink and drive while street racing.  Nobody goes from driving relatively safe to doing 150+ MPH on roads.  Was not even on the freeway.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

If you succeed in college with marginal athleticism chances are extremely high that your skills will not translate to the pros.  Ferrell can become a decent to good player in the pros but that is a bust if you are drafted #4 overall.  With Ruggs the team should have been able to find signs of this type of behavior before he went pro.  I do not think our team does a very good job of background checks so I am not surprised they found nothing.  It is possible but not likely that he got a bunch of money and lost track of who he is but it is much more likely that this was who he was before the money.  It was not 1 bad decision by Ruggs.  It was the 1 bad decision he made that had a bad outcome.  No way that night was the first time he said I am going to drink and drive while street racing.  Nobody goes from driving relatively safe to doing 150+ MPH on roads.  Was not even on the freeway.

What makes you think he even had a car in college.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I new enough college players when I was young to know he had a car.  Guys that did not have a tenth of his ability had houses that they were house sitting for at for a "friend".  He might not have had one in his name but there were cars for him to use.

19 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

He went to Alabama. 

Fluker got a car from Bama too, btw. And I know that first hand as we were at the same high school for a time and used to get written up for throwing footballs in the hallway lol. 

Technically he was given a car by Luther Davis. But anyone who knows better knows that Luther Davis is a nobody in terms of being able to shell out close to $1m in "benefits" without substantial backing. 

Edited by ronjon1990

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The wheels have fallen off at Stanford, would love David Shaw.

Man that list is underwhelming. 

Frazier, Joseph, Morris? Ick. Retreads to the nth degree. 

Tucker and Franklin aren't making the jump.

Leftwich is intriguing, but I'm not 100% sold on him just yet. I want to see him without Tom Brady. 

Ryans and Mayo, respect for both, but they're not HC caliber yet. 

Bienemy probably isn't ever getting a HC gig. He has past issues AND is on the Reid tree that produces failures anymore. 

Shaw is the best and most likely realistic of the bunch by a mile. 

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Leftwich is intriguing, but I'm not 100% sold on him just yet. I want to see him without Tom Brady. 

Bienemy probably isn't ever getting a HC gig. He has past issues AND is on the Reid tree that produces failures anymore. 

Can we trade Bisaccia, Olson, and Cable to the Colts for Frank Reich? 😂🤣

Edited by IdigtheRaiders!

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Doug Pederson?

42 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

But why does Doug Peterson not get any credit for that? I’ve heard people say that but that’s the part I don’t understand

For the Superbowl? 

Let me preface a few things. 

Number one, I thought Chip Kelly got run out of Philadelphia in a power play by Roseman. He brought in quite a few key players to that Superbowl run. Just a caveat though.

More to the point: Reich's offenses have consistently been good, be it Philadelphia or Indianapolis (when they've had a QB not named Jacoby Brissett). Once Reich left, Philadelphia's offense went to absolute garbage, despite offense being Pederson's forte. 

In Pederson's time in Philly, they didn't really add much in the way of talent either. Meanwhile, Reich has kept Indy a solid contender and keeps adding playmakers. 

It depends on how one wants to look at it, I suppose. To me, Pederson took over a team that dumped Chip Kelly too early, he gets credit for bringing in Reich, but then rode a better offensive mind and Chip's big signings to a Superbowl before the wheels absolutely fell off once those parts were gone. He got hired because he was attached to the "it" guy in Andy Reid, and lucked into hiring a better coach to serve under him. 

If you take Foles and Reich out of the equation, Pederson's offenses in Philly, his "forte", were awful and it's highly unlikely they sniff the Superbowl. While that can technically be said about almost any team, we've now seen Reich is a far better offensive mind and coach than Pederson is without being under Reid's umbrella.