This is the worst Thanksgiving slate in a long time

notthatbluestuff

Chicago and Detroit should be a close game. It might be ugly but it should be close.

Dallas is not running away from anyone with Cooper and Lamb out. Has anyone followed Dak's career at all?

Lets just say he does not typically meet team adversity with overperformance.

Buffalo can't be trusted to beat up anyone other than doormats and its in New Orleans.

I have no problem with any of these games.

10 minutes ago, Apparition said:

In what way was an Andy Dalton-led Cowboys team facing WFT, and the 4-7 Lions hosting the 4-7 Texans any better? Because that's what we had last year. At least a couple of these teams are still playing for something.

Texans had Deshaun Watson who was putting on a show every single week. At the time, he was an exciting superstar and fun to root for. 

As said, Ravens/Steelers was meant to be part of the slate - this is always an intense and hard-fought matchup. 

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Ah yes, the time of year when a bunch of grown men cry, again, about the scheduling. 

And their crying will, again, be met with mocking. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611dd0f78520bd0a658f1

"Get them Lions and Cowboys off my TV"

If I’m crying, it’s because I don’t think the Cowboys game will be particularly competitive. I’m surprised that would annoy you. 

3 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

He hasn’t, though. Certainly not “putting on a show each and every week” like 2020 Watson. 

Watson is a great QB, but the Texans finished 18th in PPG last year, 13th in yards, and were 3-7 going into that game.  They lost to the Browns scoring only 7 points 2 weeks prior.  

By comparison, the Bills are 2nd in PPG, 5th in yards, and are 6-4.  Bills are by far a better and more fun team to watch than the Texans were last year.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Watson is a great QB, but the Texans finished 18th in PPG last year, 13th in yards, and were 3-7 going into that game.  They lost to the Browns scoring only 7 points 2 weeks prior.  

By comparison, the Bills are 2nd in PPG, 5th in yards, and are 6-4.  Bills are by far a better and more fun team to watch than the Texans were last year.

I guess you must be right; despite watching them and not finding them fun to watch this season, the stats show that they’ve scored a lot of points - therefore, they must be fun to watch. 

NFLN (Palmer) just said Andy Dalton is no stranger to national audience games and will be fine.

He's something like 6-20-1 with a 79 rating in primetime (national audience)

• This includes week 1 this season

He's also burning clown shoes in a dumpster fire in playoff games (national audience)

I have no idea why so many national media types insist on lying for Dalton.

Chicago + Dalton = Detroit

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Chicago and Detroit should be a close game. It might be ugly but it should be close.

Dallas is not running away from anyone with Cooper and Lamb out. Has anyone followed Dak's career at all?

Lets just say he does not typically meet team adversity with overperformance.

Buffalo can't be trusted to beat up anyone other than doormats and its in New Orleans.

I have no problem with any of these games.

Not exactly compelling arguments for why these games will be interesting to watch. Just because games are "close", doesn't mean they're watchable. Lions/Steelers was close. Lions/Browns was close. Bills/Jags was close. 

russell-westbrook-yawn.gif

Damn near every prime time game this year has been amazing regardless of the teams involved.  Feels weird to just assume the games on Thursday will be bad or not watchable considering what we've seen this year.  I mean who expected the Steelers to put up 37 points last night?

The absolute refusal to even consider moving the Lions and Cowboys from Thanksgiving is another example of the staunch conservatism of a lot of NFL fans. Many people will feel compelled to stick with how things are, just because they've always been that way, even if change is objectively better.

Felt this way too with the huge backlash from moving the XP back in 2015 as well, just for another example.