This is the worst Thanksgiving slate in a long time

notthatbluestuff

Nothing against the Lions or tradition but having to watch them every year when they are consistently awful is pretty bad.

I don't think this is a particularly bad lineup though. Not that it's a good one.

Cowboys/Raiders and Saints/Bills should be mildly entertaining games at least with some playoff implications in both conferences.

For the record the NFL has no reason to change it because they know they'll have your eyeballs no matter what. Why waste good games when they have a captive audience?

That said, as a product? Of COURSE it should be changed. I don't give a single F about the tradition of it, or the reason it was originally those teams. I want compelling matchups.

1 hour ago, Bolts223 said:

Nothing against the Lions

No! Not nothing against the Lions. EVERYTHING against the Lions. Your franchise sucks and it's your franchise's fault that the Thanksgiving day matchups suck. It's very much specifically against the Lions.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I am discussing things. Ways to mock the crybabies. Is that not a great topic for a website dedicated to football? 

Ah yes, that time of year when adult men throw tantrums just because most people would rather not watch their crapass garbage pile teams every Thanksgiving

5 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Ah yes, that time of year when adult men throw tantrums just because most people would rather not watch their crapass garbage pile teams every Thanksgiving

Reminds me of a story:

"I once knew a guy like you:
    "I met him on a construction site in the Midwest. When the lunch whistle blew, all the workers would sit down together to eat.
And every day, DannyB would open his lunch pail and start to complain.   "'Son of a gun !'" he'd bellow, 'not peanut butter and jelly sandwiches again !
I hate peanut butter and jelly!'

"He whined about his peanut butter and jelly sandwiches day after day after day until one of the guys on the work crew finally said, '
Fer crissakes, DannyB, if you hate peanut butter and jelly so much, why don't you just tell yer ol' lady to make you something different?'

"'What do you mean, my ol' lady?' DannyB replied.    'I'm not married. I make my own sandwiches.'"   

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Reminds me of a story:

"I once knew a guy like you:
    "I met him on a construction site in the Midwest. When the lunch whistle blew, all the workers would sit down together to eat.
And every day, DannyB would open his lunch pail and start to complain.   "'Son of a gun !'" he'd bellow, 'not peanut butter and jelly sandwiches again !
I hate peanut butter and jelly!'

"He whined about his peanut butter and jelly sandwiches day after day after day until one of the guys on the work crew finally said, '
Fer crissakes, DannyB, if you hate peanut butter and jelly so much, why don't you just tell yer ol' lady to make you something different?'

"'What do you mean, my ol' lady?' DannyB replied.    'I'm not married. I make my own sandwiches.'"   

this makes no sense i love pb&j