2021 GDT Week #12 Steelers Vs. Bengals

Steeler Hitman

14 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think the main reason why people are calling for Tomlin’s job and not KC is that Tomlin is the public face of the team. People interact a lot more with Tomlin than they do with Colbert. Now I’m sure there are dirtbags that want Tomlin gone for another reason, but I don’t think it’s beneficial to paint everyone with a broad brush. 

You’re not wrong it’s a broad strokes. I just find the reasons lacking any football logic because KC is just as well known. 

5 minutes ago, August4th said:

I think colbert retires from  the GM role 1-2 yrs from now. I don't think he'll be here long enough for his seat to get hot

His seat gets hot on failed draft picks.  He has not had 2 failed drafts in a row so I would say he has some wiggle room.  I do agree that they hang on too long for some players.  Green and Moore will be fine after they have a year to gain strength but the current situation does not give them time.

I really, really hope Ben retires because if he wants to play, Art2 will give him a contract.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I’m sorry but it’s things like this. Sure Tomlin has flaws but why does KC get the credit then? Why not give Tomlin credit for dragging a terrible QB situation to 8-8. Or making the playoffs with terrible defenses. Or winning 5 games with this crap roster. 

KC has not drafted a DB worth a damn outside of Troy and Taylor. Outside of Pouncey and DDC who should have never been there he hasn’t drafted OL well and it was only because of a coach they were good. RB drafting has been rather poor with Bell and Najee being the only good picks. KC has plenty of his own warts. 

Tomlin does deserve credit for 2 years ago...never said he didn’t.

We agree KC has plenty of warts, me and Dcash both supported either a high pick or FA for RB due to them Sucking at using mid round picks at it. DB we’re both aware of their faults.

Theyre 3-6 in the last 10 years in the playoffs with 2 of those wins against bsbkup QBs and IIRC the 3rd being when Burfict KOed AB and gave the Steelers field position for the FG.

HC who have been in the same spot TEND to wear out their welcome...Carroll and Payton are in the same state as Tomlin...it’s time for a change.

I stated this offseason Tomlin should be on the hot seat.

I don’t really see what Tomlins strength as a HC are...he was the perfect hire at the time to replace Cowher...it’s that time again.

Another thing to think about is that Tomlinreally doesn’t have a coaching tree around the league which is odd considering how long he has been the HC and how “good” he is....kinda odd.

We bothare  at the point where we are going to have to agree to disagree on this....if you want to respond that’s up to you.

Edited by AFF

So why do Tomlins faults matter and Colbert’s don’t?

This roster sucks. A new coach isn’t suddenly going to make this same roster good. Makes no sense to me to just change out the coach and let the same person control to control the roster makeup. 

• Like 1

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

I think everyone needs to be on the hot seat. There are arguments to be made that KC and Tomlin deserve a couple more years, but I sure wouldn’t want to be on the side that has to argue that. At least not right now. I generally think they deserve a chance post Ben. @AFFmakes a good point about a lack of coaching tree.

Eh. Coaching trees don’t matter to me. Andy Reid and Bill Belichicks coaching trees aren’t filled with winners. Heck you could say Tomlins “one man” tree of Arians is better than anything to come off those other two guys. 

• Like 1

I mean….to Tomlins credit he kinda sparked the current waive of going after young coordinators rather than retreads as head coaches. I would say being the spark of what got guys like Sean Payton, Sean McVay and many others hired is just as impressive as being at the head of a coaching tree. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, warfelg said:

So why do Tomlins faults matter and Colbert’s don’t?

I dont think anyone is saying that.

I just think Tomlin's issues are much more pronounced and consistent on a week to week and year to year basis.

The only area Colbert constantly shiz the bed is with DBs.

Both need to be on the hotseat.

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I would say being the spark of what got guys like Sean Payton, Sean McVay and many others hired is just as impressive as being at the head of a coaching tree. 

Coaches typically get credit for coaching trees because they play a part in developing them.

What youre speaking of is more teams copying the Rooneys success with hiring coaches than it has to do with Tomlin.   The majority of Tomlins major successes was with a roster he didnt build and already established coaches.