Jay Ajayi to the Eagles for a 4th-round pick

TheKillerNacho

LOVED this trade. 

Ajayi think very very very highly of himself as evidenced in him being inactive early last year. He pouted cause he felt he should be handed the job. Gase has no tolerance for pouty young players who don’t work hard and study their playbook or opponents. He has treated Caroo in a similar manner. 

Gase is still trying to establish a culture. As several people have stated this week, it doesn’t matter how good you are, if you aren’t on board with the philosophy and culture, you’re out. This can ruffle feathers with fans but eventually this is what you have to do. 

Ajayi was to be a FA after next season. Probably would want top back money. Miami has bigger needs than paying a RB. Kamara, Hunt, even Ajayi were mid round selections. We should be looking for these RB steals each year and recycling RBs every 3-4 years to keep the costs down. Spend $$ on OL, DL, QB and key defensive players. 

Miami front office is best we have had since Jimmy Johnson. Godcheax, Taylor, Tankersley among other rookies look very very promising. Not to mention we STOLE William Hayes from the Rams. And don’t forget about TJ McDonald coming after this week.  26 years old and a thumper that is signed for cheap for 4 more years  

Super Bowl contention doesn’t happen overnight. It’s a culture shift that takes years. 

Tannehill, Lippett, Raekwon all projected starters and all out to start the season at key positions. 4-3 is shocking considering the elements. 

27 minutes ago, Rgossett07 said:

Super Bowl contention doesn’t happen overnight. It’s a culture shift that takes years. 

0tjEaHY.jpg

----
I'm not as thrilled about this trade as other Eagles fans, but I'm more than willing to see how it pans out. Word on the street is our system and O-Line will prove more beneficial as a whole to Ajayi. If things don't work out then it's only a 4th round pick. We have Clement and Barner who can do a RB screen if we need one.

LOlphins. Never cease to amaze me. Gase doesn't have the reputation to sling the ego he throws around. He's a joke. I'll be back to supporting this squad once Gase is finally ousted and Tannenbaum goes with him. Otherwise this team is a waste of energy and going nowhere. 

On 11/2/2017 at 12:02 PM, Danger said:

0tjEaHY.jpg

----
I'm not as thrilled about this trade as other Eagles fans, but I'm more than willing to see how it pans out. Word on the street is our system and O-Line will prove more beneficial as a whole to Ajayi. If things don't work out then it's only a 4th round pick. We have Clement and Barner who can do a RB screen if we need one.

the eagles turn around is rare, definitely not the trend. When you go up and get a qb,  selecting a franchise guy that borders elite play, makes everything easier as far as getting to the bowl game.  (oh and your welcome for helping ya'll get wentz... if you get a ring this season can you send one to miami I think they deserve a bit of the pie lol)  jay-train doesn't like going up the middle so it's a good thing blounts there to give the gut punches.  your oline is better than ours that goes with out saying. i think a portion of jays issues this year was his trust in the oline to make the blocks so he bounced many outside, it's a clean slate in phily hopefully for you it resets he trust in his oline.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

He just bust a 45 yard TD run. Don't know how much it means to you guys, but yeah.

That was a nice looking play.  Ajayi got more blocking on that one play than he had gotten in 2 seasons with us (Miami).  Ajayi will play great for you guys and imo was a good trade for the Eagles.  If you run plays that get him isolated on a LB then look out, he can take it to the house leaving a trail of broken tackles behind him.

I was disappointed see Ajayi go for a fourth rounder, but at least that's more than the fifth rounder we used to draft him, so I can't get too upset about it.

Archived