Week 12 GDT: Titans at Patriots

Titans fan 617

50 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

to clarify any points on Tanny

I don't think anybody is saying it's time to move on

It's just that he truly is what he is

a good thrower of the football that thrives when - and only when - surrounded by a lot of talent

when asked to step up and take on a bigger role, he cannot carry the load

said it before...this loss isn't on him. but he didn't exactly step up today when we needed him to.

Meh, he would have been fine just losing Henry. You can't ask any QB to carry you when you lose your star RB and your top 3 WR's. You just can't, it's not even fair to say it. Because he could carry the load if it was just Henry out. What Tannehill is having to deal with is a historic level of ineptitude around him on the offensive side of the ball.

Been saying for the entire season that Tanny's INT's are concerning, because they are poor decision pick vs bad luck/great defense. Todays pick in the end zone I don't fault him too much...it was 4th down so he gad to try and fit it in there...that one was play calling on 3rd and 4th down. 

I think he looks so bad because our line is poor at pass protection, even when they hold up for 3 seconds I am sure he knows time is up. A ton of his throws/picks he has someone hitting him or his arm so he can't step up or follow through. Only elite QB's can make those throws and I would imagine a large % of their pick come when there arm is hit so they can't follow through. 

We are where we are right now...Tanny, injuries, and record. I would imagine if we win the division it will be prior to week 18 so in effect that week will be a bye week so the #1 seed is not the end of the world. It would be great but we lost to NYJ and HOU so we have no one to blame but ourselves. 

As much as people are fascinated with modern offenses and the ability to move the ball through the air, I love the style and consistency of an offense that moves the ball through the run and beats you in the trenches. It's just so much more sustainable. 

I think the biggest issue we are having this year is a lack of reliable TEs. I love the idea of having two reliable TEs that can beat you over the middle and in the red zone with size. I think that is the biggest thing we are missing this year. 

Watching Jonnu today hurt. Lord would we love to have him this year, even in his struggles, we know he would be a beast blocking and would give us those little mis direction runs and screens. I know we definitely couldn't afford him, but we should have found a better replacement. 

We need to prioritize TE this off-season. 

• Like 1

Need you guys help on some of the things from today’s game 

I was in the house so hard to notice everything 

First off just want to say it’s weird seeing a stadium full of fans of the actual home team since we don’t see that in Nashville because they are a “destination” city now 

The part I need you guys help on is where we playing more zone than man today?

Felt like we were from my vantage point and it allowed Mac to pick us apart 

A scary thing that we are going to have to deal with the rest of the way is Janoris Jenkins is cooked 

He is done there’s no other way to put it he’s just been flat out bad all year long 

He’s playing so far off guys and then falling all over the turf trying to tackle them 

I’m legitimately worried about CB going forward into next year 

Fulton and Molden are fine but I have no faith that Farley is the long term solution across from Fulton 

As far as today’s game goes we just shot ourselves in the foot over and over again 

Bad penalties, fumbles, missed kicks, dropped INTs

Anyone worried about Bullock now? 

I am, kind of hoping Fickens comes off IR when we return from the bye 

We hung in there but a morale victory is nothing to be proud about 

Ive never been so happy to not watch Titans football next week 

Really hope we get guys back after the bye 

Long Evans Cruikshank and Julio are the 4 we should get back 

Golden Tate should finally play 

Dez Fitzpatrick barley played today but had 1 nice grab but wasn’t used much before or after that 

1 hour ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Meh, he would have been fine just losing Henry. You can't ask any QB to carry you when you lose your star RB and your top 3 WR's. You just can't, it's not even fair to say it. Because he could carry the load if it was just Henry out. What Tannehill is having to deal with is a historic level of ineptitude around him on the offensive side of the ball.

An add incompetent coaching to the list too

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Tanny hasn't been great all year, but lately he is really proving people right that said he couldn't do it without Henry.

He has not elevated his play one bit. Again, yes weapons, WRs, injuries. 
But HE...HE has been bad during this stretch. 

He did fine against the Rams and Saints without Henry. You think it’s just a coincidence that now he’s looked bad once he lost his other two serviceable WR’s since then?

13 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Tanny hasn't been great all year, but lately he is really proving people right that said he couldn't do it without Henry.

He has not elevated his play one bit. Again, yes weapons, WRs, injuries. 
But HE...HE has been bad during this stretch. 

Tanny is great at distributing the ball and hitting the open receiver. He has a big arm and is able to fit into tight windows once in a while. Devastating on PA, but isn't great at taking what the defense gives him and picking apart a defense. Few quarterbacks are.

We knew this before, but he just isn't a field general. I think he's a great example of an amazing athlete that learned how to play the quarterback position. However, he does lack some of that innate "feel" of the position that the best QBs have (manipulating a defense w/ his eyes, diagnosing a defense, pocket awareness). Again, that's what the best-of-the-best have.

Sad thing is, in today's NFL, it's hard to win when you 1. are as battered as we are and 2. don't have one of the best-of-the-best QBs

41 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

He did fine against the Rams and Saints without Henry. You think it’s just a coincidence that now he’s looked bad once he lost his other two serviceable WR’s since then?

Fine.. yeah. I guess.
Under 150 against the Rams

Decent game against the Saints.
Didn't crack 100 yards yesterday. 

Again, I know he has now WRs but it's a vibe where he just doesn't hasn't looked right or comfortable all year. 
And it could be more of a by product of Arthur Smith gone than him being bad. 

Just now, Titans fan 617 said:

Can bet on one thing when the Jags come to town in 2 weeks 

Titans winning in a blow out lol 

Whats Vrabels record after double digit losses? 

But that win won't feel good to me no matter what. Blow out the Jags. Eh you supposed to.

What happens when we only win in a close game 21-17?
Nobody will feel good about it.