Week 12 GDT: Titans at Patriots

Titans fan 617

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

that's why we lost, but has little bearing on the fact that we literally could not pass the ball all game

dee said it earlier. tannehill isn't why we lost today, but it's painfully obvious at this point that we just can't expect anything at all from him under suboptimal conditions, which is very disappointing

Sure I can agree with that. Tannehill can't work with this offensive supporting cast. The thing is, no QB could. Maybe Lamar if the offense was totally based around the fact that you can't pass the ball.

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

Our coaches/FO put major value and appreciation on guys who work hard and play STs, even if there are more “talented” players available 

for every David Long it seems like we have three Chester Rogers

Whats horrible about this is our special teams is horrendous also. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Of course he is the head coach. But again. How do you fault him for players fumbling with the perfect play call. 

Or 

Missing field goals? 

Or 

A perfect defense call player in position and he drops it?

And each one of those players being street FAs. 

I'm not defending him blindly. But really tho, how is that his fault? 

Not going for it last week. Or players being lost or out of position. Blame him. 

But today was not an coaching issue. The players failed. 

Reminiscent of people blaming Fisher for Eddie George bobbling the ball in to Lewis' hands, Del Greco's kicking issues, LenDale and Alge Crumpler's fumbles, etc.

Players gotta execute.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Of course he is the head coach. But again. How do you fault him for players fumbling with the perfect play call. 

Or 

Missing field goals? 

Or 

A perfect defense call player in position and he drops it?

And each one of those players being street FAs. 

I'm not defending him blindly. But really tho, how is that his fault? 

Not going for it last week. Or players being lost or out of position. Blame him. 

But today was not an coaching issue. The players failed. 

Agree 100%

this was a 3 point game at half and then the wheels came off due to player error/not taking advantage of gifts like Cole’s INT chance 

Tannehill isn’t a special QB, he’s just a good one with flashes of very good. It’d be one thing to see him be asked to carry the offense with AJB and Julio healthy and fail. There was never a reason to believe he could elevate non NFL talents to competency. At least not when literally every pass catcher is a non NFL talent. Hopefully he can spend some time with the receivers just working on timing routes, because he’s clearly not on the same page with these guys.

Just now, KingTitan said:

The one I thought the receiver that got  more hype Marcus Johnson. 

Rodgers has been bad tho. 

at least johnson has shown that he can actually contribute on the field. his issue is and always has been injuries. literally the most notable things chester rogers has done all year are bobble a perfect red zone pass into an indianapolis DB's hands and execute the dumbest muffed punt i've ever seen against houston. terrible player.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Tannehill isn’t a special QB, he’s just a good one with flashes of very good. It’d be one thing to see him be asked to carry the offense with AJB and Julio healthy and fail. There was never a reason to believe he could elevate non NFL talents to competency. At least not when literally every pass catcher is a non NFL talent. Hopefully he can spend some time with the receivers just working on timing routes, because he’s clearly not on the same page with these guys.

He is the ideal state of qb purgatory 

I wouldn’t knock taking a mid round project next draft 

The only types of QBs who will improve over Tannehill are those in the elite class. And I guess Rodgers and Wilson could be available this off-season, so if you wanted to go after one of them and trade Tannehill or whatever that'd be fine.

But trying to replace him in the draft with where we're going to be drafting is far more likely to just be a waste of a pick.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

The only types of QBs who will improve over Tannehill are those in the elite class. And I guess Rodgers and Wilson could be available this off-season, so if you wanted to go after one of them and trade Tannehill or whatever that'd be fine.

But trying to replace him in the draft with where we're going to be drafting is far more likely to just be a waste of a pick.

this is just true of drafting any QB. if we really really like a guy like malik willis and he falls, i don't see why not (though i doubt he does fall)