Week 12 GDT: Titans at Patriots

Titans fan 617

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

this is just true of drafting any QB. if we really really like a guy like malik willis and he falls, i don't see why not (though i doubt he does fall)

That's fair, but once you get much past the top 10, finding a QB who is elite or even bordering on that is practically impossible, which is the only real way to upgrade from Tannehill.

I feel at that point, with likely picking somewhere either at or beyond 25th, you're better off picking a weapon for Tannehill, a lineman, or a playmaker on defense, all positions that hit far more often than QB at that point in the draft.

Just now, Justin615$ said:

How is it so dumb? That i was hoping he would carry the team without his top targets? He in fact did not and has been not good this year which seems to point to him not being the kind of QB who can lead a team unless everything around him is perfect. There are QBs who can and it doesn't look like he is one of them. Sorry you think that is "so dumb"

Really? Where is the evidence for that? Show me a QB on his 6th, 7th, and 8th WR's, his star RB out, and no TE option that has carried his team. I'll wait.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

That's fair, but once you get much past the top 10, finding a QB who is elite or even bordering on that is practically impossible, which is the only real way to upgrade from Tannehill.

I feel at that point, with likely picking somewhere either at or beyond 25th, you're better off picking a weapon for Tannehill, a lineman, or a playmaker on defense, all positions that hit far more often than QB at that point in the draft.

yeah, i agree. ultimately i think whoever said tannehill is "the best version of QB purgatory" was on the money, lol. just gotta put as much talent around him as possible and hope for the best.

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

Really? Where is the evidence for that? Show me a QB on his 6th, 7th, and 8th WR's, his star RB out, and no TE option that has carried his team. I'll wait.

I'm pretty sure any elite QB would throw for more than 90 yards. You obviously haven't watched him much this year if you think he is anywhere close to elite. Before this year I was seeing his stats compared to Mahomes. This year has proven he is not close to that.

15 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It’s only really purgatory if your entire supporting cast gets hurt. Our record with him at QB is pretty damn good.

My faith in him is decreasing by the week. I know he has no WRs no TE, Barely a RB.

It's just some of the mistakes he makes are magnified in these situations. 

I have no faith in the WRs and I would guess the All-22 would show him having no where to go with the ball. But when he drops back, I am holding my breath now. 

He throws it like he still has AJ and Julio out there and those WRs can make plays. 

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

who are we even gonna get back on offense after the bye? maybe julio? maybe nate davis, which doesn't even matter lol. 

hilliard and foreman gotta learn to hold onto the goddamn ball or it's gonna be the same story.

Julio is the big one. Cruikshank also possible.

Just now, KingTitan said:

My faith in him is decreasing by the week. I know he has no WRs no TE, Barely a RB.

I have no faith in the WRs and I would guess the All-22 would show him having no where to go with the ball. But when he drops back, I am holding my breath now. 

He throws it like he still has AJ and Julio out there and those WRs can make plays. 

This is where I'm at. I'm not saying get rid of him right now but it's making me sad seeing him throw some unbelievable passes to the wrong team this year. I can't wait to get Julio and AJ back but I'm still going to be holding my breath when he drops back

Just now, Justin615$ said:

I'm pretty sure any elite QB would throw for more than 90 yards. You obviously haven't watched him much this year if you think he is anywhere close to elite. Before this year I was seeing his stats compared to Mahomes. This year has proven he is not close to that.

Ah so now we are "pretty sure" someone else could do so and so, when you just stated as fact that other QB's can do it. Which one's have? This is a unique situation. Tannehill didn't just drop off the face of the earth, he is working with the worst group of skill players than any team has, and what is also being overlooked, is that he's having to do it with barely any time to get on the same page with them. Just oh, next man up, that works for RB's, not for WR's, especially not good one's. He has no familiarity with any of them save for NWI.

Just now, KingTitan said:

I said it earlier in this thread, and I've said it another time or two this year, but that's just what you're going to get with Titans version of Tannehill. He makes a lot of risky throws. It's worked out a ton, and it's given him a ton of confidence. As unwise as it may be to keep forcing stuff when he's not throwing to AJ Brown, Corey Davis, Jonnu Smith or Julio Jones, I feel like he has to keep trying. Would rather that than he revert to Dolphins version Tannehill who doesn't take risks and the offense suffers even further because of it.

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

who are we even gonna get back on offense after the bye? maybe julio? maybe nate davis, which doesn't even matter lol. 

hilliard and foreman gotta learn to hold onto the goddamn ball or it's gonna be the same story.

You gotta feel we are gonna treat that jags game like another bye week for a lot of players. May be risky, but we need all the weeks we can to possibly get key contributors healthy.

You gotta feel the target to get back AJ, Dupree, Long and Julio back is the Pittsburgh game. We gotta go 2-0 in the Steelers 49ers game stretch if we want that bye.

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I said it earlier in this thread, and I've said it another time or two this year, but that's just what you're going to get with Titans version of Tannehill. He makes a lot of risky throws. It's worked out a ton, and it's given him a ton of confidence. As unwise as it may be to keep forcing stuff when he's not throwing to AJ Brown, Corey Davis, Jonnu Smith or Julio Jones, I feel like he has to keep trying. Would rather that than he revert to Dolphins version Tannehill who doesn't take risks and the offense suffers even further because of it.

Yeah...... but 

We just didn't look like an NFL passing offense today. And to be fair we barely do with a full roster.

But not gonna make this about him, at lease I won't. He was just something that sticks out as something that is wrong with this offense. 
But as far the whole year, we can't ignore him practically leading the NFL in INTs.  He used to take care of the ball so well. Now he throws about 3 interceptable passes a game. 

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

yeah, i mean, this whole thing of locking onto the primary read and hitting a LB in the chest is literally backup-level stuff. it's brutal. starting NFL quarterbacks get fooled and do it from time to time- tannehill does it basically every game. just eliminating that would at least help (and would've probably won us the texans game). but i'm right there with you at the point where when we drop back to pass, i'm more holding my breath than expecting good things, and i haven't felt that way since mariota. bummer.

2 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

You gotta feel we are gonna treat that jags game like another bye week for a lot of players. May be risky, but we need all the weeks we can to possibly get key contributors healthy.

You gotta feel the target to get back AJ, Dupree, Long and Julio back is the Pittsburgh game. We gotta go 2-0 in the Steelers 49ers game stretch if we want that bye.

If they treat the Jags like a bye week, they’ll lose.

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Ah so now we are "pretty sure" someone else could do so and so, when you just stated as fact that other QB's can do it. Which one's have? This is a unique situation. Tannehill didn't just drop off the face of the earth, he is working with the worst group of skill players than any team has, and what is also being overlooked, is that he's having to do it with barely any time to get on the same page with them. Just oh, next man up, that works for RB's, not for WR's, especially not good one's. He has no familiarity with any of them save for NWI.

Tannehill has been bad all year. Even when he had AJ and Julio. Still my QB but its okay to say he has not been good this year. And yeah injuries have sucked but I'm not about the whoa is me stuff. Tannehill still getting paid. I expect more than 90 yards and about 3 or 4 throws right to the wrong team