Week 12 GDT: Titans at Patriots

Titans fan 617

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah...... but 

We just didn't look like an NFL passing offense today. And to be fair we barely do with a full roster.

But not gonna make this about him, at lease I won't. He was just something that sticks out as something that is wrong with this offense. 
But as far the whole year, we can't ignore him practically leading the NFL in INTs.  He used to take care of the ball so well. Now he throws about 3 interceptable passes a game. 

Nah, he definitely was poor in the 2nd half today. Whether it was down to him just sucking or the Patriots just took away whatever little bit of success we could find with our weapons won't be known until film is out I guess, but either way, just wasn't good enough.

But as far as risk taking in general goes, I think you have to keep going with it.

6 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

If they treat the Jags like a bye week, they’ll lose.

You may be right. But I would rather not risk rushing dudes back and having them taking long term injuries or continuous ones that screw in the end.

Ultimately, great health for our first playoff game may be more important than a bye. 

Edited by twotonebluenation

5 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

Maybe he and Todd Downing are just not meshing but this Tannehill is different from the past 2 years. Regardless to who the WRs are.

I think one of the biggest hits the passing game has taken is that Downing continues to try to run those quick hit crossers that were a staple for Art, but defenses are disguising linebackers dropping right into those throwing lanes with alarming consistency.

Those had been a huge source of explosiveness for the offense since Tannehill took over and now they’re incredibly hit and miss and have led to some terrible looking passes/interceptions. Not sure if there’s something on film that is tipping them, but probably need to work off of them to punish defenses, rather than just making it an automatic one-read play call.

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I think one of the biggest hits the passing game has taken is that Downing continues to try to run those quick hit crossers that were a staple for Art, but defenses are disguising linebackers dropping right into those throwing lanes with alarming consistency.

Those had been a huge source of explosiveness for the offense since Tannehill took over and now they’re incredibly hit and miss and have led to some terrible looking passes/interceptions. Not sure if there’s something on film that is tipping them, but probably need to work off of them to punish defenses, rather than just making it an automatic one-read play call.

art was really good at building counters based on our tendencies on offense. not sure where downing is on that front.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

For the most part, it’s just felt like we’ve been running a watered down version of Art’s offense all year.

one thing i've seen downing do is run that yankee concept but have the WR do like a whip route outside instead, taking advantage of the corner expecting an in breaker. that's nice and it's worked (AJ's touchdown against the colts was such a play) but it kind of takes the whole original idea of fooling the LBs out of the equation. 

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

one thing i've seen downing do is run that yankee concept but have the WR do like a whip route outside instead, taking advantage of the corner expecting an in breaker. that's nice and it's worked (AJ's touchdown against the colts was such a play) but it kind of takes the whole original idea of fooling the LBs out of the equation. 

I would be interested to know just how often opposing teams are dropping rushers into throwing lanes. Is it something that is happening all the time and we only really notice it when Tannehill throws right into it or is there a correlation between called slants and crossers and the LB dropping out?

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I would be interested to know just how often opposing teams are dropping rushers into throwing lanes. Is it something that is happening all the time and we only really notice it when Tannehill throws right into it or is there a correlation between called slants and crossers and the LB dropping out?

yeah. i mean ultimately our biggest issue in the passing game is that our downfield passing game simply doesn’t exist any more, and injuries and awful pass blocking have muddied the water in terms of how responsible downing actually is. hopefully we get a chance to see this offense at full strength, but i’m increasingly doubtful.

Realistically, another team will emerge for the 1 seed. Yes I know the AFC is crazy 

we should stay focused on winning the division, and it’s totally ours to lose

pray we get healthy and get a chance to get a bit of cohesion on the last 3 weeks of the season for some momentum into the playoffs 

that’s our best hope imo