Week 12 GDT: Titans at Patriots

Titans fan 617

Just now, twotonebluenation said:

I still think honestly, even if we get remotely healthy, we can compete in what is a mess of an afc. 

It's a shot in hell, but if we get back Henry, AJ, Julio, and Dupree for the playoffs we can take the AFC. Even without a bye. 

Beyond health, the reassuring angle is the fact that the Titans can and have moved the ball super well in back to back weeks, it's just turnovers have slapped us in the face.

If our offense was simply just being totally shut down, I think there'd be a huge amount of concern.

The fact that we're moving the ball without Henry, McNichols, Brown, Jones and even Marcus Johnson now is super encouraging. Turnovers are fixable. The offense being a total mess incapable of moving the ball wouldn't be, at least not until regaining some health.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

If Tannehill struggles down the stretch and we get one a doned in the playoffs I wonder what the organization will think do about the qb position. 

Could we even pull in a big name like Wilson? 

Would we just go through the draft?

What's Tannehill worth? 

Problem is we are locked into tannys contract 

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Just heard the stat on the radio that Tanny is 5-20 in his career when asked to throw more than 40 times. 
Take that as you may.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/qb-win-loss-record-with-40-passing-attempts

Generally not a good thing if your QB is tossing the ball that often.

He's 3-3 doing it as our QB though, for whatever that's worth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Because we would take a heavy cap hit on a trade? 

I'm def not an expert...or even have much of a clue...on those types of implications

But if I'm Seattle...I don't trade Wilson for Tannehill. Tanny gives them an expensive one-year option and he's getting deeper into his 30s. Not worth it if I'm Jon Schnieder

Well it is hard to get a good read on just how this team will be with so many of the main weapons not playing on both sides of the ball.  Now just my 2 cents on Tanny but there is a huge difference between saying he is not Elite and saying he is worthless and we need to move on.  You do not have to have a TOP 5-7 QB in football to win the super bowl, and especially reach the super bowl. The key though is your team plays well and your QB does not make any mistakes.  Right now we just need to get the "team" back and for Tanny to eliminate some of the "mistakes" he has made in some earlier games. While I was happy seeing we were in position to get a lot of points this game (did not watch first half-saw a portion of second half).  Unexpected things, fumbles, missed kicks kept us from getting 26 plus points. Missed extra point. Missed FG after missed TD. Fumble NO FG x 2. Going for it on 4th NO FG (after dropped TD). (13-21 total points left on the board). You can not blame the play calling, or Tanny as he only had a roll in one of the missed TD's.  There was no lane to throw the pass on 4th down on the interception.  PLEASE NOTE I SAID UNEXPECTED.  This is key, you do not expect fumbles even with back ups. You can not also expect the missed FG and Extra point, though NE can be a tough place to kick at times unless you are used to kicking there.  On the D side just looking at the score and you might say ouch bad game for the D. Not sure didn't watch but special teams issues really gave NE 1 TD early.  Offense mistakes helped set up NE well and the D I think did good holding NE to 3's.  Was a close game in 1st half. I imagine as the offense continued to fail to score the D started trying too hard to make splash plays, get turn overs and it just lead to NE pilling on.

to clarify any points on Tanny

I don't think anybody is saying it's time to move on

It's just that he truly is what he is

a good thrower of the football that thrives when - and only when - surrounded by a lot of talent

when asked to step up and take on a bigger role, he cannot carry the load

said it before...this loss isn't on him. but he didn't exactly step up today when we needed him to.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I'm def not an expert...or even have much of a clue...on those types of implications

But if I'm Seattle...I don't trade Wilson for Tannehill. Tanny gives them an expensive one-year option and he's getting deeper into his 30s. Not worth it if I'm Jon Schnieder

Yea, I definitely am not either. 

I was just more wondering how we would get out of the situation with Tanny if the organization wanted. Not necessarily trade him for Wilson. 

I just don't know what type of team would want a Tannehill. 

And we are definitely in the win now mode. How and who would we replace him. I know this off season will have opportunities with Wilson, Rogers and possibly many other younger guys. 

Idk, just wonder if we(the organization) are just all in on the idea of making it work with Tannehill. 

Don't know what the smart move is. But honestly I think it is time to at least possibly think about a succession plan through the draft. 

Edited by twotonebluenation

Losing makes you evaluate everything.  And rightly so.

Tanny missed the Rogers throw. He ran into a sack early. 
When you don't throw often, when you do, you can't make the mistakes he makes often. 

The playcalling after we forced a punt after the Foreman fumble was very bad. 3 passes within the 20. Also bad sequence when Tanny threw the Endzone pick. 

Bad tackling.
McDaniels was in his bag. Every blitz he seemed to call the perfect screen pass. 
Pass rush wasn't good. We blitzed and our DBs got exposed.  (Again need more than 2 good games to get a nickname). 

NWI is a good #3.
NaQuan Jones is a good player. I thought we should have drafted him.
Cole isn't a terrible LB. He is a good ST player who can actually play some snaps on defense, But he isn't to be counted on.

Looks like we will be without Rice  now at LB. 
We miss David Long and Dupree.

I wonder what kind of deal AJ Brown will get. Obviously a star player but availability is an issue. 
I know Firsker is dealing with an injury but it's criminal how little we even target him on the routes he was great at. 
Hillard has officially taken Darryton Evans job, Evans was gone anyway.

Our passing game is the worst it's been in a loooooong time. I know it's because of injuries but very disappointing considering what we have/had on paper. 

16 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

to clarify any points on Tanny

I don't think anybody is saying it's time to move on

It's just that he truly is what he is

a good thrower of the football that thrives when - and only when - surrounded by a lot of talent

when asked to step up and take on a bigger role, he cannot carry the load

said it before...this loss isn't on him. but he didn't exactly step up today when we needed him to.

He’s a game manager as I been saying he plays within a offense yes he’s look good past 2 seasons, but Henry makes life easier for him I don’t care what anyone says, the play action throws, the 1 on 1 outside throws because teams load up the box to stop the run.