Week 12 GDT: Titans at Patriots

Titans fan 617

5 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Every week Greg A Bedard is on my radio station breaking down the Pats games 

Every week they say the Punter hasn’t been very good 

I go by what the people who cover the team are saying 

I think the punter is like 9th in net and top 5 of pins inside the 20. I watch every game and can't say he's bad. We've had bad punt return coverage with gunner being hurt. We called for some fair catches and let's balls roll causing avoidable pin backs.

1 hour ago, iothar said:

I think the punter is like 9th in net and top 5 of pins inside the 20. I watch every game and can't say he's bad. We've had bad punt return coverage with gunner being hurt. We called for some fair catches and let's balls roll causing avoidable pin backs.

Didn’t realize you were a NE fan

Are you from the area?

If so do you listen to Bedard when he’s on with Felger and Mazz?

Titans and Pats play at the same time a lot so I don’t see much of the Pats 

But even during the blowout win vs Cle they said the Punter wasn’t good

Not exactly sure they mean 

Maybe he out kicks the coverage when he doesn’t pin them deep or if he is backed up in his own end he doesn’t kick it far enough 

Bedard breaks down everything so again just going by what he sees 

52 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

So how many fake punts, surprise onside kicks, and other trick plays we going to see tomorrow?

Probably none. We're probably going to try to grind out dink and dunk drives on offense while not making any mistakes, and trying to let the defense carry us.

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Didn’t realize you were a NE fan

Are you from the area?

If so do you listen to Bedard when he’s on with Felger and Mazz?

Titans and Pats play at the same time a lot so I don’t see much of the Pats 

But even during the blowout win vs Cle they said the Punter wasn’t good

Not exactly sure they mean 

Maybe he out kicks the coverage when he doesn’t pin them deep or if he is backed up in his own end he doesn’t kick it far enough 

Bedard breaks down everything so again just going by what he sees 

I live in NE but rarely post on here due to work life and family.

I listen to the show now and then but not that episode specifically.

The pats punted once in the browns game, I believe, so it couldn't have been that. We fielded punted awfully in that game. I think that's what they were talking about. Jacobi Meyers was fielding and he let a few roll to inside the 10.

8 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I don’t get why Tate wasn’t elevated…. I don’t care that he just got here. He can’t be worse than Fitzpatrick running routes.

Believe it was said a couple of Tannehill's INTs on Sunday were because of Fitzpatrick messing up routes. Probably not looking to add to that.

I know it feels impossible, and probably won't happen, but if Tannehill could do something special tomorrow and earn a win and play well, it could be a special moment for him. 

I really want it for him. Tomorrow will be one of the biggest uphill battles he has ever faced. I don't know where the play making will come from, but damn would it be cool if the offense surprised us and played well. 

10 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

I know it feels impossible, and probably won't happen, but if Tannehill could do something special tomorrow and earn a win and play well, it could be a special moment for him. 

I really want it for him. Tomorrow will be one of the biggest uphill battles he has ever faced. I don't know where the play making will come from, but damn would it be cool if the offense surprised us and played well. 

Said the same thing on my drive in here to Foxboro

Hard to expect but after last week it would be so nice to see him lift the guys up around him 

Hoping for a miracle today 

Side note, hilarious hearing Pats Radio butcher NWI and Firkser’s name this morning lol 

• Like 1

This is going to be an extremely hard game for us but this is the type of game we seem to thrive in. unfortunately I think injuries are just to much now. I think we keep it close but in the end a mistake by one of these injury replacement starters will hurt us. I'll say 20-28 pats today. Gonna be a long week at work though. 3 of the guys who work for me are pats fans and I'm never gonna hear the end of it lol.

• Like 1

The positivity I am going to take in this game is that New England hasn’t really taken down a team that has been been playing excellent football this year. I get that they are hot especially right now, but if you look at their schedule, what wins do they have to hang their hat on. Against a reeling and banged up Browns team? A hit or miss Chargers team? They have beat up on some bad teams. Lost to Cowboys, Bucs, and Saints all at home.

I get it, we are especially in a bad place right now with injuries, and the Pats are trending in the right direction. But if you look at the schedule I think this game still is winnable if we play great. Vrabel plays Belicheck well. I think the Houston loss and the boys wanting to respond with our backs against the wall can lead to us defying the odds today and coming up with one of those surprising Titans wins.

Excited to watch the boys play today. Would love to see a big game from Dez and for him to surprise us.

The D gotta ball today.