Any Packers getting dealt today?

{Family Ghost}

Just now, RoellPreston88 said:

Does Ted have a good track record of drafting defense, specifically EDGE?

Clay Matthews and Nick Perry were his only first rounders there and both have had dominant seasons, so I'd say yes.  Don't expect Ted to have another year leading the draft if we end up with a top 12 pick anyway, but that might just be wishful thinking. 

A trade of or for a legitimate NFL player by the Packers? Seriously?

The Packers have not made such a trade in what, over a decade now?

Sure there have been the wink and a nod we'll send you a 7th rounder if the guy is on the roster for 4 weeks deals (Knile Davis, Jayrone Elliott), but a genuine trade involving a player?

It does not happen under Ted's watch.

I recall the explanation from some used to be that trades just did not happen in the NFL so Green Bay's trading inactivity was just the norm. However, after it was repeatedly pointed out that trades do occur and have been occurring with increasing frequency, and that the Patriots have made more trades than any other franchise in the NFL since Ted took over (including ones involving Cooks, Brissett, and Garoppolo just this year), we don't see this "explanation" so often any more.

Now, the reason folks insist Ted has not made any trades is ...

Actually, I don't really know what the company line is any more to excuse, I mean explain, his inactivity.

Perhaps we're about to find out.

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

You assume we are buyers?  I'd be selling since Rodgers is hurt.  This year is more than likely over when it comes to playoff hopes.

TOT was talking about for one too. That's what I was talking about. Anyone else like Cobb or Clay we're just giving away for nothing at this point. Nothing we can get will amount to much to me.

I'd take something if we could get value, don't think we can.

40 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

A trade of or for a legitimate NFL player by the Packers? Seriously?

The Packers have not made such a trade in what, over a decade now?

Sure there have been the wink and a nod we'll send you a 7th rounder if the guy is on the roster for 4 weeks deals (Knile Davis, Jayrone Elliott), but a genuine trade involving a player?

It does not happen under Ted's watch.

I recall the explanation from some used to be that trades just did not happen in the NFL so Green Bay's trading inactivity was just the norm. However, after it was repeatedly pointed out that trades do occur and have been occurring with increasing frequency, and that the Patriots have made more trades than any other franchise in the NFL since Ted took over (including ones involving Cooks, Brissett, and Garoppolo just this year), we don't see this "explanation" so often any more.

Now, the reason folks insist Ted has not made any trades is ...

Actually, I don't really know what the company line is any more to excuse, I mean explain, his inactivity.

Perhaps we're about to find out.

We're always compared to the Pats. So what they have made more trades then anyone else of the last decade. Lots of other teams haven't. Why are we always compared to only one team the Pats.

3 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

We're always compared to the Pats. So what they have made more trades then anyone else of the last decade. Lots of other teams haven't. Why are we always compared to only one team the Pats.

Further more. Why doesn't everyone emulate that

17 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I just traded myself to another forum in exchange for one half of a stale ham sandwich and 3 mid-sized Dorito fragments.

( that was the best only offer)

Don't we get a chance to counter we should have at least got a drink included in return you're not a total bum.

6 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

It’ll be telling if we do move anyone. I wouldn’t even deal Marty. Let him retire and collect. Better than any compensation we’d get in return. Like to see us deal for draft ammo.

what do you mean by retire and collect?

Archived