Week 12: Eagles vs Giants Round 1- The Long Journey to the Middle

EaglesPeteC

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Ideally we'd only give up 1 of the 1sts, because he is going to be 38. Doubt GB is going to get much more than that.

If you find a team ready to roll and theyre just missing the QB (Rams last year), maybe. What you say makes sense. But who thinks they’re a QB away? Anyone with a legit SB shot next year would outbid us. Having Rodgers would be cool but not at the detriment of our future. 

CLE, DEN, LV, WASH, NYG, NO all would be intriguing options for him. And probably would give up more than us. Giants have some real ammunition. 

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Ideally we'd only give up 1 of the 1sts, because he is going to be 38. Doubt GB is going to get much more than that. Would depend on Rodgers wanting to play more than just 1 more season though, but either way, ain't happening. Jalen Hurts is going to be our QB next year.

Yeah it shouldn’t be crazy, they agreed to move on after this year. There isn’t a lot of leverage. Just what other teams are willing to do to beat you out.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

If you find a team ready to roll and theyre just missing the QB (Rams last year), maybe. What you say makes sense. But who thinks they’re a QB away? Anyone with a legit SB shot next year would outbid us. Having Rodgers would be cool but not at the detriment of our future. 

CLE, DEN, LV, WASH, NYG, NO all would be intriguing options for him. And probably would give up more than us. Giants have some real ammunition. 

Him to Denver still makes the most sense. Have the weapons. Decent team around them. Hell they could even sign Von back if he doesn’t extend in LA.

This is the 1 game I wanted to win at all costs, from the start. Even if we were 0-11 right now in a tight tank race, give me this W. I will never forget the amount of crap flung at our organization and fans after we wisely tanked vs WFT in the SNF finale last year, "robbing" the 6-10 Giants of a playoff berth. Nor will I forget their hubris. "Week 1, we want the Eagles, Joe Judge is going to murder that team." "Their whole team will quit on them next year." A lot of the hate was directed towards Pederson, so unfortunately he can never get proper revenge, and even more unfortunate, their pride is gone. They're probably rooting for an L, so much of the fun of a potential win has been taken away, but I'll be damned if I don't still want it more than any other game on our schedule. Let's go in their house and embarrass them, so much so that NFLN won't even include them in the "in the hunt" graphic anymore.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

This is the 1 game I wanted to win at all costs, from the start. Even if we were 0-11 right now in a tight tank race, give me this W. I will never forget the amount of crap flung at our organization and fans after we wisely tanked vs WFT in the SNF finale last year, "robbing" the 6-10 Giants of a playoff berth. Nor will I forget their hubris. "Week 1, we want the Eagles, Joe Judge is going to murder that team." "Their whole team will quit on them next year." A lot of the hate was directed towards Pederson, so unfortunately he can never get proper revenge, and even more unfortunate, their pride is gone. They're probably rooting for an L, so much of the fun of a potential win has been taken away, but I'll be damned if I don't still want it more than any other game on our schedule. Let's go in their house and embarrass them, so much so that NFLN won't even include them in the "in the hunt" graphic anymore.

I honestly haven’t thought about it, maybe if they were any good…. But they have been a bad organization for more than a half a decade now, and the outrage was a joke.

that said, hope we bury them.

11 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Danger’s got you 

will-smith-shrugs.gif

What all because I think Jalen Hurts is not the guy? That's literally my only real negative take that isn't more or less universally agreed on. All-in-all I'm one of the more positive people here. I just don't have as high highs, or as low lows.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

will-smith-shrugs.gif

What all because I think Jalen Hurts is not the guy? That's literally my only real negative take that isn't more or less universally agreed on. All-in-all I'm one of the more positive people here. I just don't have as high highs, or as low lows.

I’m just messin with you lol

You know you my boo

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I’m just messin with you lol

You know you my boo

For what it's worth, I think there are two mindsets amongst Eagles fans when it comes to Jalen Hurts with pretty much no in between.

Those who aren't willing to give him any time to improve and expect instant proficiency.
and
Those who's expectations entering the season for him were so low that any modicum of hope he gives shoots their adrenaline to the moon.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

For what it's worth, I think there are two mindsets amongst Eagles fans when it comes to Jalen Hurts with pretty much no in between.

Those who aren't willing to give him any time to improve and expect instant proficiency.
and
Those who's expectations entering the season for him were so low that any modicum of hope he gives shoots their adrenaline to the moon.

This article/thread pretty well captures where I am at with Hurts. The floor is higher than I think I thought in the offseason. The question is: what is the ceiling?