Week 12: Eagles vs Giants Round 1- The Long Journey to the Middle

EaglesPeteC

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

This article/thread pretty well captures where I am at with Hurts. The floor is higher than I think I thought in the offseason. The question is: what is the ceiling?

Haven't read the article yet; Conversely, I'm of the opposite state of mind, I feel that the ceiling has proven to be fairly low comparatively speaking and that's why I'm really not as high on him as you or others might be.

I guess you could say he's.... middled out this year?

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's charts like this that really aren't inspiring to me:

pass-chart_HUR767022_2021-REG-11_1637558

Yeah he ran the ball well, but as a passer, he's... fairly easy to counter. I feel like it's only a matter of time until defenses basically make him ineffective.

I never saw the game but am curious.  Is that the side where DeVonta/Goedert usually lines up, Reagor, JJAW ect opposite or is Smith/DG all over the place?

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

I never saw the game but am curious.  Is that the side where DeVonta/Goedert usually lines up, Reagor, JJAW ect opposite or is Smith/DG all over the place?

I haven't paid attention to this too much, but I am pretty sure some of those passes that he missed on the left were to Devonta.

I got what I wanted from this season already: wanting to give Hurts 2022 to further evaluate him. Factoring into this are his promising play this season and not wasting valuable draft picks on an aging vet or an unworthy draft prospect. Also, the performances of said unworthy draft prospects is a major factor in this.

It’s nice that the offense has looked good the last couple weeks. But I’ve seen more bad weeks than good. Just because it’s the most recent doesn’t make it the most true. Teams will counter and it will be up to Hurts to exploit their measures. That’s the next and ultimate test; does he have the skills to recognize the defenses’ counters and can he beat them? 

I was pleasantly surprised last week. I figured the Saints would shut our run game down and Davis would have his way with everyone in his territory, that dudes a beast. But they didn’t. But someone will and Hurts will have to find a way. I’ll eat some crow and give Hurts a chance to execute what I laid out. But I still haven’t seen what I need to see to have the confidence that he’s got what it takes to lead a franchise successfully. Willing to wait it out and prove me wrong or right in my assumptions though.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

It’s nice that the offense has looked good the last couple weeks. But I’ve seen more bad weeks than good. Just because it’s the most recent doesn’t make it the most true. Teams will counter and it will be up to Hurts to exploit their measures. That’s the next and ultimate test; does he have the skills to recognize the defenses’ counters and can he beat them? 

I was pleasantly surprised last week. I figured the Saints would shut our run game down and Davis would have his way with everyone in his territory, that dudes a beast. But they didn’t. But someone will and Hurts will have to find a way. I’ll eat some crow and give Hurts a chance to execute what I laid out. But I still haven’t seen what I need to see to have the confidence that he’s got what it takes to lead a franchise successfully. Willing to wait it out and prove me wrong or right in my assumptions though.  

the one thing that gives me a sliver of hope with hurts is compared to how AWFUL his anticipation was the first 7 weeks, he has been getting a little better every week on getting the ball out as the receiver breaks on their route. 

1 minute ago, Daimonas said:

what do you mean finally lol. jp left and mailata immediately became a worthy starter within a season

JP has been a shell of himself since 2019. Constantly getting injured and needing to be replaced by a backup. We wasted a 1st rd pick apparently on Dillard, had to resign a Broken Peters last year. LT has been a liability for the past 3 years really,  until now.

16 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

JP has been a shell of himself since 2019. Constantly getting injured and needing to be replaced by a backup. We wasted a 1st rd pick apparently on Dillard, had to resign a Broken Peters last year. LT has been a liability for the past 3 years really,  until now.

Mailata working out like he has is almost as crazy as us winning a SB with Nick Foles at QB and Vaitai at LT against Tom Brady in a game where Tom Brady threw for over 500 yards and 3 tuds. And all credit goes to Stout, who told Howie to take him.

Stout for GM.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2