Week 9 GDT: The Wentzylvania Tuddy Droppers (7-1) vs the Osweilier INT Throwers (3-4)

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, Phire said:

He might get some handoffs but I think the reports he might play is mostly a mind game to get Denver to prepare for someone who might not play. If you intend to use Ajayi just keep quiet.

With that said Adrian Peterson got traded then started a mere few days later. 

Guess a lot depends on how quick he picks it up.

This is what Doug said and he didn't commit to him playing.

Best defense Wentz has ever faced. They haven't allowed a QB to throw for 300 yards in nearly 1 year when they let Brees do it. In the 14 games since Brees torched them, they've allowed on average just 176.9 YPG and 1.1 TDs. If the offense can just not turn it over and be solid, while the defense does what it's supposed to against a dead offense, we should be good.

Sanders returning worries me though, plus "fresh" QBs always seem to have good 1st performances before tumbling to their reality. We should have no problem stopping the run, but DT and Sanders will run circles around our secondary I bet, we just have to hope Brock is... Brock.

Brock is awful. They downgrade at QB but they also make it a little harder to prepare against him (only because we don't have recent film on him in this year's Denver offense) for our defense. It really shouldn't matter considering dude is a statue and our DL is gonna eat him alive.

14 hours ago, RBreezy said:

Brock is an absolute statue in the pocket, d-line needs to get after him early

He'll fold and start chucking up picks at some point

I remember hearing that as being one of his biggest knocks coming out of AZ State. He still hasn't fixed that yet?

50 minutes ago, Phire said:

Brock is awful. They downgrade at QB but they also make it a little harder to prepare against him (only because we don't have recent film on him in this year's Denver offense) for our defense. It really shouldn't matter considering dude is a statue and our DL is gonna eat him alive.

That's the problem in a nut shell though? We thought we'd eat vs Eli too but the Giants game plan was quick 3 step drops. I expect the same from Denver this week. Especially with Sanders back and DT. Whether Brock turns it over remains to be seen.

Archived