Week 12 GDT (Thanksgiving): Raiders (5-5) at Cowboys (7-3)

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiders
    • Cowboys

5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

imagine seeing Parsons drop in the draft, and then being too cheap to give up a 3rd rounder because of "value" of a trade up. Then proceeding to draft a guard and guys who don't play in the 3rd. lol 

I really liked Parsons but a lot of people said he could not rush the passer plus we got Ngakoue.  Defintely a better choice than Leatherwood but it would have cost more than a 3rd.  We would have to trade a 2nd plus a 2022 mid round pick.

8 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I have no idea what exactly to make of that win really, but delighted to have been wrong about us being in the tank.

A horrible, sloppy mess of an officiating performance and a glorious heart attack inducing win. Not a bad Thanksgiving all in.

Man....try having to listen to it on the radio! Lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Can somebody tell me how the Cowboys scored so many points?

That special teams TD and Abram not being able to cover anything, literally anything.  Man couldn't cover himself with a blanket.  Couldn't cover his Tupperware bowl with the lid.  Can't cover anything.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

They have a lot of depth at WR, we still aren't particularly good at 3rd downs under pressure to get off the field, and our secondary is someone being out one play away from giving up huge chunks. 

And our special teams are pretty iffy. 

9 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

To be fair though, the refs missed on that pass interference on the offense when the WR blocked Abram while the TD went in for the TD.  That's the only time it really wasn't on Abram and the referees should have called something. 

Also, the referees couldn't care less that Crosby was getting held and thrown around all game either.  Glad they called a couple of holding penalties but there should have been 5-10 called on whoever was blocking Crosby.

• Like 1

Just now, Jerry said:

That special teams TD and Abram not being able to cover anything, literally anything.  Man couldn't cover himself with a blanket.  Couldn't cover his Tupperware bowl with the lid.  Can't cover anything.

Yeah Abram really has zero role on this defense unless he's actually moved to LB. 

He's non-existent in coverage. He has no skill as a DB. 

Dude couldn't cover his face with his own hands. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

They have a lot of depth at WR, we still aren't particularly good at 3rd downs under pressure to get off the field, and our secondary is someone being out one play away from giving up huge chunks. 

And our special teams are pretty iffy. 

Casey Heyward really disappointed me this game.  Gave up some really big plays.  I was wondering how much better we'd be if we had Mullen.  Is he back or is he still injured?  Pretty sure he's out and it shows.

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Casey Heyward really disappointed me this game.  Gave up some really big plays.  I was wondering how much better we'd be if we had Mullen.  Is he back or is he still injured?  Pretty sure he's out and it shows.

Yeah he's still out. 

I want to know if any of Mullen, Hobbs, or Facyson can play the slot. They're probably our best 3 CBs in the long run, no offense to Hayward, just father time will eventually catch up. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah Abram really has zero role on this defense unless he's actually moved to LB. 

He's non-existent in coverage. He has no skill as a DB. 

Dude couldn't cover his face with his own hands. 

Should've been moved to LB a while ago.  He's a two down thumper and that's it.  I saw Littleton yelling at him at one point.  I think we need to find his replacement.  Quality backup/depth, nothing more.

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah he's still out. 

I want to know if any of Mullen, Hobbs, or Facyson can play the slot. They're probably our best 3 CBs in the long run, no offense to Hayward, just father time will eventually catch up. 

This is the best I've felt about our CBs since 2016 to be honest.  I think that's just a testament to our DC's scheme though. Hopefully we can pick up another good FA or find a gem in the draft like Hobbs this offseason to replace Heyward.  I think father time's starting to catch up as the season continues.  I think Hobbs has been playing our slot right?  He was playing really well from what I remember.  Is he injured again?  I'm deployed so I've really struggled to follow everything this season.