Jump to content

The factory of sadness is on the road @ Baltimore GDT Week 12.


Kiwibrown
 Share

Who wins the North  

20 members have voted

  1. 1. who wins the north

  2. 2. How do we win the game

    • Baker throws for 400 yards
    • Chubb runs for 200 yards and 4 tds
    • defense makes plays
    • Lamar keeps making water dukes
    • all of the above
    • horny gives Lamar a love infection
    • Kiwi
  3. 3. Browns At Baltimore who ya got



Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I’ve always hated this argument. Homerun hitting ability is an elite trait. Chubb was the player of the week and the reason we won, period.

You hate the argument when it is a player carried a team? That's odd.

So you'd really hate it if I took away his 3 long runs and said he went 17 for 31 yards minus those plays en route to carrying the team? Surprised we scored 7 times with the guy carrying us having 31 yards minus 3 plays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

“If you took away 3 elite plays he sucked” is a garbage narrative and you know it. I hate that logic because it’s pure nonsense.

Well we really stopped Mahomes week 1 outside of about 3 plays. LOL. Utter nonsense.

Well your argument of I either believe that he carried the team or that he sucks is straight up silly. We passed for 342 yards obviously one person didn't carry the team. Chubb was good, he is always good but we didn't drive down the field all day running the ball. You just don't want to give Baker any credit because you changed your mind on him again and it doesn't fit your agenda.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

You just don't want to give Baker any credit because you changed your mind on him again and it doesn't fit your agenda.

Baker played capable football for about the only time that season that game. Chubb was the POW in the league that week, but yeah we didn’t win because of his 180+ total yards and 3 second half TD. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Baker played capable football for about the only time that season that game. Chubb was the POW in the league that week, but yeah we didn’t win because of his 180+ total yards and 3 second half TD. 

What would the rest of the season matter in a conversation about a single game? If Jarvis and Jones scored on their long plays and Chubb just had 1 TD would anything change about who carried the team?

Lets take away Chubb's 4 long runs since you enjoy this game so much. 14 yards. 17 yards. 29 yards and 88 yards. Now he is down to 16 carries for 17 yards. We scored 7 times. twice without him gaining a yard. We won by 2 scores.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And to be clear, I don’t like Baker, he is average at best, he has woefully underplayed his draft spot, and two guys drafted after him are clearly better than he ever hopes to be, therefore he’s a bust. Cut bait and move on like the Rams did with their bust.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Hey @NateDawg I think you’re brother needs a hug. You got a moment?

Oh jeez just checking in here haha 

I see both sides… Baker has not progressed like I hoped this year and some of it is clearly due to injuries and some of it is clearly just his lack of development as a quarterback and overall maturation. It remains to be seen for me if he has maxed out his abilities. With that said I can’t overlook that he is playing with injuries. All that said, if he is going to be out there, he is expected to perform. If he’s playing, he shouldn’t be disgruntled with the fans, he should take his lumps and talk about how he knows he needs to play better, etc.  I have long stated that I think the most obvious choice is that he plays out year five, given the lack of obvious upgrades and what we’ve seen from him. I understand both perspectives, it pisses me off that we are in this position. I feel like Obi Wan with Annakin rn … but have not 100% given up hope. 

tldr mwil and Thomas need to hug it out they’re both right.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Oh jeez just checking in here haha 

I see both sides… Baker has not progressed like I hoped this year and some of it is clearly due to injuries and some of it is clearly just his lack of development as a quarterback and overall maturation. It remains to be seen for me if he has maxed out his abilities. With that said I can’t overlook that he is playing with injuries. All that said, if he is going to be out there, he is expected to perform. If he’s playing, he shouldn’t be disgruntled with the fans, he should take his lumps and talk about how he knows he needs to play better, etc.  I have long stated that I think the most obvious choice is that he plays out year five, given the lack of obvious upgrades and what we’ve seen from him. I understand both perspectives, it pisses me off that we are in this position. I feel like Obi Wan with Annakin rn … but have not 100% given up hope. 

tldr mwil and Thomas need to hug it out they’re both right.

Well Mwil is having different arguments within the one debate. He is disgruntled and I get it but man, he needs to smoke some weed or something.

I'm good. A Buckeye non win today and a Browns loss tomorrow and I can wrap up the football season.

However, a Buckeye win today and a Browns win tomorrow and it will have been a good Thanksgiving break.

As far as the fans, it's always tough to hear players say things about the fans. However as a fan I can say whatever I want and this fan base changed. We used to be elite in the stadium, well the old stadium. We were smart, we were supportive and we knew what a 12th man was. Our current fan base at the stadium is none of that. We are now a below average fan base on Sunday at the stadium and it hurts my heart. I used to be proud of us even if we did throw batteries and snowballs we at least targeted the other team. Now we are loud when our team is on offense which is 3rd grade knowledge stuff, just not acceptable and not knowing your place. Don't tell me you can't control yelling on 4th and 2 when we are on offense, if that really is the case stay home on Sunday and check into a psychiatric hospital because you are out of control. Booing the starting QB when Keenum is the backup? Bad idea. If it was a rookie or young guy and we were intrigued then sure, it at least makes sense. To do it in our situation just shows a lack of football knowledge. All that said, it's moot. There is no changing who goes to games so we'll just not have a great fan base. It sucks but it is what it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well Mwil is having different arguments within the one debate. He is disgruntled and I get it but man, he needs to smoke some weed or something.

I'm good. A Buckeye non win today and a Browns loss tomorrow and I can wrap up the football season.

However, a Buckeye win today and a Browns win tomorrow and it will have been a good Thanksgiving break.

As far as the fans, it's always tough to hear players say things about the fans. However as a fan I can say whatever I want and this fan base changed. We used to be elite in the stadium, well the old stadium. We were smart, we were supportive and we knew what a 12th man was. Our current fan base at the stadium is none of that. We are now a below average fan base on Sunday at the stadium and it hurts my heart. I used to be proud of us even if we did throw batteries and snowballs we at least targeted the other team. Now we are loud when our team is on offense which is 3rd grade knowledge stuff, just not acceptable and not knowing your place. Don't tell me you can't control yelling on 4th and 2 when we are on offense, if that really is the case stay home on Sunday and check into a psychiatric hospital because you are out of control. Booing the starting QB when Keenum is the backup? Bad idea. If it was a rookie or young guy and we were intrigued then sure, it at least makes sense. To do it in our situation just shows a lack of football knowledge. All that said, it's moot. There is no changing who goes to games so we'll just not have a great fan base. It sucks but it is what it is.

Drafting 26th after 2 season extend him

Looking forward to posting lucks numbers after this season not 1 post ever indicated he was average 😃.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Oh jeez just checking in here haha 

I see both sides… Baker has not progressed like I hoped this year and some of it is clearly due to injuries and some of it is clearly just his lack of development as a quarterback and overall maturation. It remains to be seen for me if he has maxed out his abilities. With that said I can’t overlook that he is playing with injuries. All that said, if he is going to be out there, he is expected to perform. If he’s playing, he shouldn’t be disgruntled with the fans, he should take his lumps and talk about how he knows he needs to play better, etc.  I have long stated that I think the most obvious choice is that he plays out year five, given the lack of obvious upgrades and what we’ve seen from him. I understand both perspectives, it pisses me off that we are in this position. I feel like Obi Wan with Annakin rn … but have not 100% given up hope. 

tldr mwil and Thomas need to hug it out they’re both right.

Not a big fan of wait and see

It Baker refuses to sign franchise tag

We are starting the next Kizer .

KindAve funny how nobody mentions that.

How about Stafford and Goff how are those 2 winners doing 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

If you had these other three guys score and Chubb didn’t have his four best runs the…

LOL

CLASSIC Browns subforum stuff here to try to prop up the mediocre at best loathsome Baker Mayfield.

Your right scoring 40 against Pittsburgh in the playoffs he is average.

40 against Burrows burrows is still

Better

Scoring 30 plus against Lamar he is still below average 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...