The factory of sadness is on the road @ Baltimore GDT Week 12.

Kiwibrown

Who wins the North  

20 members have voted

1. 1. who wins the north

2. 2. How do we win the game

• Baker throws for 400 yards
    • Chubb runs for 200 yards and 4 tds
    • defense makes plays
    • Lamar keeps making water dukes
    • all of the above
    • horny gives Lamar a love infection
    • Kiwi
  3. 3. Browns At Baltimore who ya got

Just now, JDD said:

Sure blame him. I remember every team on game winning drives today  making easy catches and also dropping passes in their hands.  

Partial blame is not putting everything on his shoulders. He has been plagued by things outside of his control, but he has not played great either. Does not have to be all or nothing one way or the other. 

• Like 1

And yet we have not seen any kind of changes to the offense, except for more empty backfield with 2-3 TEs as wideouts

baker has been an issue but c’mon Stef, get some wrinkles added to your scheme

bet you if we did add a legit wrinkle and it worked the WRs would prolly drop the pass 

Edited by buno67

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh, and I have no clue what this FO sees or saw in Hooper. He’s been outplayed by Bryant most of the season and is nowhere near as good as Njoku, who isn’t all that good.

His blocking must be the only reason he gets playing time.

Njoku has issues dropping passes, but he's athletic and capable of making big plays. Hooper isn't particularly athletic enough for big plays yet doesn't have the hands to make tough contested catches.

Just now, NateDawg said:

He’s usually so rational and even tempered though 

james-franco-excuse-me.gif

lol yeah

Just now, NateDawg said:

Yeah man it’s confirmation bias though as always. People have a lens and look for that self fulfilling prophesy. Lamar throws 4 picks and we have a guy that plays ok with no help literally whatsoever including run game and he’s the problem. Baker still pisses me off at times and I don’t know his future here for certain but people need to be rational.

Like, yeah, that’s it.  I’m not even saying Baker played a great game, but it was fine.  If the rest of the offense plays as well as he did comparatively, we win.

• Like 1

Just now, DawgX said:

His blocking must be the only reason he gets playing time.

Njoku has issues dropping passes, but he's athletic and capable of making big plays. Hooper isn't particularly athletic enough for big plays yet doesn't have the hands to make tough contested catches.

Then just play a 3rd tackle or something because no one could possibly be concerned about him beating them in the pass game.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Stefanski usually is, though. Sometimes he's been too ballsy. But the offensive game planning the past few weeks has been terrible, no doubt.

When has he been ballsy besides going for it on 4th down in the redzone? Only ballsy play is that fake punt his first game. 

Cant be ballsy when your offense is 100% vanilla and simplistic 

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

He’s usually so rational and even tempered though 

james-franco-excuse-me.gif

Yeah man it’s confirmation bias though as always. People have a lens and look for that self fulfilling prophesy. Lamar throws 4 picks and we have a guy that plays ok with no help literally whatsoever including run game and he’s the problem. Baker still pisses me off at times and I don’t know his future here for certain but people need to be rational.

Yeah, Lamar has Andrews who made some ridiculous catches and Hollywood who can actually separate. We have no one like that on offense right now.

When your best receivers are a receiver whose body is breaking down and was never overly athletic, along with a slow TE in Harrison Bryant... that's obviously not ideal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

And yet we have not seen any kind of changes to the offense, except for more empty backfield with 2-3 TEs as wideouts

baker has been an issue but c’mon Stef, get some wrinkles added to your scheme

bet you if we did add a legit wrinkle and it worked the WRs would prolly drop the pass 

The issue is, and imo has been, the receivers.  We have no one who worries opposing defenses.

And the lumbering TE screens and stuff are fine, but that’s like the core of our passing attack.

• Like 1

Just now, DawgX said:

Yeah, Lamar has Andrews who made some ridiculous catches and Hollywood who can actually separate. We have no one like that on offense right now.

When your best receivers are a receiver whose body is breaking down and was never overly athletic, along with a slow TE in Harrison Bryant... that's obviously not ideal.

Agreed and the plan is still give Baker year 5 with some actual weapons out there and then judge what he can do. He was on his own out there and tbh this group of weapons outside of RB is outrageous. Healthy season with some help out there. This isn’t complicated. 

• Like 3

Just now, DawgX said:

DPJ is ok, but a guy like Humphrey is going to limit him (and most dudes tbh).

Juice has some nice plays today, but he had to be schemes open and the catches were uncontested.

Baker made a ton of throws tonight that gave the receiver a chance to make a play 100% of the time they failed to do so.

• Like 2