Big Changes in Seattle?

showtime

What should the Seahawks do? They don't have a first round pick and building through the draft hasn't been all that great outside of a few players recently. What should the team do?

Fire Pete Carroll? Trade Russell Wilson? New coaching staff?

I'm not saying we should do any of those things. I'm just making suggestion for huge moves.

Just refresh the coordinators.

KNJ, Waldron and Solari. I think that's where the weaknesses are right now. 

In 2022, Moving on from Bobby will be a tough pill to swallow; but probably necessary. Other than that let Diggs & Duane walk. With a 2nd and 2 thirds, hopefully they find a starter with those prem picks. Try to get younger and cheaper at key positions (DLINE, OT, CB,  LB).

Seattle has the cap space next year fill needs. Use it please John.

That being said, if Russ continues to struggle this bad down the stretch..... oof, might be time to blow it up. 

Edited by animaltested
  • Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 5:32 PM, animaltested said:

Just refresh the coordinators.

KNJ, Waldron and Solari. I think that's where the weaknesses are right now. 

In 2022, Moving on from Bobby will be a tough pill to swallow; but probably necessary. Other than that let Diggs & Duane walk. With a 2nd and 2 thirds, hopefully they find a starter with those prem picks. Try to get younger and cheaper at key positions (DLINE, OT, CB,  LB).

Seattle has the cap space next year fill needs. Use it please John.

That being said, if Russ continues to struggle this bad down the stretch..... oof, might be time to blow it up. 

The team is so down bad right now. The offense looks horrendous even with Wilson.

Carrol is unique because he has more power than any other coach. Hes the vice president of operations, is he not? As in, your GM reports to him rather than ownership?

Paul allen wasnt the type to make big changes. So far, it doesnt seem like Jodi Allen wants to be involved at all. Regime changes mean a TON of work for owners. It may be as simple as she doesnt want to bother with making a change bc shes rich and can decide it's too much work lol

Pete has a contract for another 4? years. Doesnt feel like he is going anywhere. If he isnt getting fired, then Schnieder isnt going anywhere.

It's also unique where a coach will have to decide to trade his star QB who is basically the only reason the seahawks have even been relevant. Why would carrol want to start over when he is like 70 years old. 

So, they may continue to play hardball with Russ and they may not be willing to trade him at all. Yall might just be stuck

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 7:09 PM, Sacks98 said:

I think we need to start from scratch and get what we can for Wilson especially if he isn't happy playing here.

I don't know if trading Wilson is the answer, though. I agree, if he doesn't want to play in Seattle then trade him. He's still young for a QB. He just turned 33 last month.

The Jamal Adams trade was just so bad. It's like crippling.

• Like 1

This roster is still structured for like one more run in 2022. Most of the key contributors are under contract (sans DJ & Diggs). Duane Brown is the one enigma here, going to be interesting how much Curhan and Stone play down the stretch. Could be an open audition for one of the tackle positions next year. 

Wagner situation is going to be a tough pill to swallow regardless (extend or cut). 

On 12/10/2021 at 12:54 PM, animaltested said:

This roster is still structured for like one more run in 2022. Most of the key contributors are under contract (sans DJ & Diggs). Duane Brown is the one enigma here, going to be interesting how much Curhan and Stone play down the stretch. Could be an open audition for one of the tackle positions next year. 

Wagner situation is going to be a tough pill to swallow regardless (extend or cut). 

If the Seahawks cut Wagner, they won't be a contender. The defense already isn't that great, and Wagner is their best player.

• 4 weeks later...

So I was sure something was going to happen a few weeks ago, and kinda wanted it, but now that dust has settled.... no. 

2021 was a really... REALLY weird season. 

Seattle finished with the 8th Highest DVOA in the NFL [footballsoutsiders]

They had 9 games without a TO; but went 4-5 in those games

0-5 in games decided by 3 points of less. 

The worst 3rd rate in the league was honestly the main reason for ending the season with a losing record. 

Just some really wonky stuff this year.

I really hope we make a change at defensive coordinator at least. Everyone knows Norton isn't the answer except for Carroll. That's the problem with Carroll though, he wants people do things his way. 

Edited by SHONUFF

• 4 weeks later...