Week 12 GDT - Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, Forge said:

My understanding was that it expired this year. 

Spotrac: 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/jimmy-garoppolo-14472/

I'm sorry, but Maiocco is absolutely washed at this point, no other way around it lol.

He's taken so many #Ls since last offseason it is not even funny at this point. Once was the GOAT, but now..............

• Like 2

Just now, Forge said:

Just to be clear....the ntc wouldn't expire until the new league year which doesn't start until March. So he would technically still have a no trade clause in Jan / Feb 

Yeah, but that does not mean we can't trade him before the draft. Jimmy flat out has no say if we trade him to a team...Obviously that team trading for him will want some sort of extension so his opinion will matter but Maiocco was flat out wrong here. 

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm sorry, but Maiocco is absolutely washed at this point, no other way around it lol.

He's taken so many #Ls since last offseason it is not even funny at this point. Once was the GOAT, but now..............

crazy that a reporter is aging worse than Tom Brady. lol MM is washed. 

Edited by N4L

1 minute ago, N4L said:

crazy that a reporter is aging worse than Tom Brady. lol MM is washed. 

Right??? But I honestly think the man has been doing since like 1994 and he's probably at that stage where he doesn't want to put the same amount of effort behind his work. He has a gig with NBC Bay Area and knows he is solidified and can get away with this kind of stuff. But there was a time where the man was almost never wrong!!! 

Something else. Strangely, even with the comings and goings over the last 30 or so years between regimes, players, etc. the Vikings and 49ers have struggled to get road wins whenever they square off against one another. Vikings won at Candlestick back in 2007, but other than that haven't won since the 1987 Anthony Carter game. 49ers haven't won in Minnesota since 1992. 

14 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Something else. Strangely, even with the comings and goings over the last 30 or so years between regimes, players, etc. the Vikings and 49ers have struggled to get road wins whenever they square off against one another. Vikings won at Candlestick back in 2007, but other than that haven't won since the 1987 Anthony Carter game. 49ers haven't won in Minnesota since 1992. 

2009 was such a heartbreaker. I really thought we had a 3-0 record in the bag, then Favre had to pull his magic. 

I feel like what Rodgers is talking about is partly why Kyle didn't have Jimmy attempt another pass in the divisional round in 2019 after he threw an INT. Zimmer is a master at disguising things and I don't think Kyle trusted Jimmy to make the right reads.

Playing more out of the shotgun has been a big boon for Jimmy recently since it allows him to utilize play action while still facing the defense. Our offense has really found a nice rhythm the last few weeks (even the Cardinals game, they moved the ball well it was just turnovers early and then poor OL play late) and we've started to utilize deebo in the backfield etc etc. So I am very interested to see how Zimmer tries to play us because he is certainly the best defensive mind we've gone against since maybe Joe Berry w/ GB. 

Essentially, I think this is a massive test for our new look offense. This offense is basically what all of us expected us to have going into the year, but between kittle being hurt, aiyuk not playing to his standards, the OL (minus 71/75) playing poorly early on, Jimmy playing like crap until the bears game, and the fact I think the league made adjustments to what Kyle likes to do, it took us a while to get here. I also think that this offense is actually a lot different than than what Kyle originally envisioned, which is why this week is so interesting from a schematic standpoint 

• Like 1