Week 12 GDT - Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Spotlighted by another 49ers fan:

No Danielle Hunter, no Dalvin Tomlinson.
Their defense ranks 22nd in the NFL in run defense (DVOA)
In particular, their defensive line run defense ranks 32nd in the NFL with a stuff rate of 7% which is the worst in the NFL and an adjusted line yards per carry of 4.89 yards which is also the worst in the NFL (DVOA)
We've been lawn-mowing defenses with our run game the past couple weeks
Elijah Mitchell should be back
I think it's pretty clear what our offensive game-plan is going to be.

EDIT: For context, our D-line stuff rate is 19% (9th best in the NFL) and our D-line adjusted line yards per play is 3.59 yards (4th in the NFL).

Stuff rate: % of runs where RB is tackled at or behind LoS. Higher is good. Lower is bad.

Adj. Line Yards: Metric used to measure the average running back carry taking into account down/distance/situation/etc. Lower is good. Higher is bad.

• Like 1

So with Mitchell still likely going to be iffy with his finger, does not mean Shanny will not be calling many toss/pitch plays to him to prevent a potential fumble? 

Seems like Key is going to have a bigger role going forward and I love to see that after how he's been rushing the passer from the interior.

Greenlaw back means less Harris? 

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I listened to the presser and unless I missed something, I'm pretty sure Shanny was referring to THIS SEASON. Lombardi really loves to twist things for his agenda lol. What a pathetic man. 

The funny thing is how there are basically like two cults of 9ers twitter....the Lombardi stans and the Cohn hive. Lombardi has more worthwhile stuff to say on a tweet to tweet basis (because he provides some factual data), but he can be more frustrating to follow because I believe he's just as bad as Cohn about not allowing for actual discourse, but at least Cohn is upfront about it lol 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

The funny thing is how there are basically like two cults of 9ers twitter....the Lombardi stans and the Cohn hive. Lombardi has more worthwhile stuff to say on a tweet to tweet basis (because he provides some factual data), but he can be more frustrating to follow because I believe he's just as bad as Cohn about not allowing for actual discourse, but at least Cohn is upfront about it lol 

But Lombardi completely ignored Shanny saying "right away" when he said it would be hard for Lance to beat out Jimmy...referring to NOW and this season. 

He's pathetic.