Week 12 GDT - Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

With Deebo almost certainly to be out next week, I hope Shanny can start getting Kittle involved in the passing game again. He needs to have some big games and get more than two targets a game. Seattle never allows us to gash them on the ground so you know it is going to come down to our passing game. That is obviously iffy but Kittle/Aiyuk is still a hell of a duo.

Speaking of Aiyuk, three of the last four games he's had over 80 receiving yards. Still never going to get over how the first 8 weeks of the season went lol. He's REALLY freaking good and we treated him like he was the worst WR of all time SMH.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

With Deebo almost certainly to be out next week, I hope Shanny can start getting Kittle involved in the passing game again. He needs to have some big games and get more than two targets a game. Seattle never allows us to gash them on the ground so you know it is going to come down to our passing game. That is obviously iffy but Kittle/Aiyuk is still a hell of a duo.

Speaking of Aiyuk, three of the last four games he's had over 80 receiving yards. Still never going to get over how the first 8 weeks of the season went lol. He's REALLY freaking good and we treated him like he was the worst WR of all time SMH.

We definitely need to find that guy who can be a #2 when Deebo or Aiyuk is out. We don't even really have anyone on the Kendrick Bourne level to do that. 

I feel like we are going to be so heavy 2 rb / 2 te. I wouldn't even shocked to see some lighter sets where it's Juice / Kittle as the TE and Wilson as the FB with MItchell in the backfield. 

I liked that we went to Jennings in some big spots today, and I do think that he's got a future with the team, but I think it's as wr4 type. I just don't know if he consistently wins in his routes enough to be more than that. 

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jimmy made a very solid comeback after a disastrous start. He wasn't great...hell, wasn't even good after those first couple of drive...but he was timely, and sometimes that is better. 

Yeah, good way to put it. Frustrating as Jim is, he has moments where he steps up and makes amends. 

Just not worth the 26-27 mil per against the cap. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

We definitely need to find that guy who can be a #2 when Deebo or Aiyuk is out. We don't even really have anyone on the Kendrick Bourne level to do that. 

I feel like we are going to be so heavy 2 rb / 2 te. I wouldn't even shocked to see some lighter sets where it's Juice / Kittle as the TE and Wilson as the FB with MItchell in the backfield. 

I liked that we went to Jennings in some big spots today, and I do think that he's got a future with the team, but I think it's as wr4 type. I just don't know if he consistently wins in his routes enough to be more than that. 

Jennings is fearless and that is a big part of being successful playing with Jimmy. We do lack a true #3 that can step in as a #2 if one of the top 2 get hurt but honestly that may go for 80% of the teams in the league. I'm looking forward to seeing Jennings get more opportunities but Sherfield should get more snaps as well. He had a great camp and has not done anything in the games to show that he should not be on the field. But either way, Kittle/Aiyuk need close to 10-12 targets a piece without Deebo.

Still not going to be confident at all next week playing our arch nemesis lol. I don't care how bad Wilson and the Seahawks offense is playing, they will bring it against us like always.

It seemed like the Vikings were getting anything in the passing game but then you look at the stats, and Cousins only had 238 passing yards with a 7.4 YPA. Pretty average to be honest. Just wish the DBs would stop committing so many penalties...Really only one guy but still lol. Moseley is really emerging as a good corner in this league. When can we lock him up to an extension?

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jennings is fearless and that is a big part of being successful playing with Jimmy. We do lack a true #3 that can step in as a #2 if one of the top 2 get hurt but honestly that may go for 80% of the teams in the league. I'm looking forward to seeing Jennings get more opportunities but Sherfield should get more snaps as well. He had a great camp and has not done anything in the games to show that he should not be on the field. But either way, Kittle/Aiyuk need close to 10-12 targets a piece without Deebo.

Still not going to be confident at all next week playing our arch nemesis lol. I don't care how bad Wilson and the Seahawks offense is playing, they will bring it against us like always.

It seemed like the Vikings were getting anything in the passing game but then you look at the stats, and Cousins only had 238 passing yards with a 7.4 YPA. Pretty average to be honest. Just wish the DBs would stop committing so many penalties...Really only one guy but still lol. Moseley is really emerging as a good corner in this league. When can we lock him up to an extension?

We could really start talking about it after the season is over. We only gave him a two year deal and I'm pretty sure it was structured in a prove it way where he gets a big jump in the second year (still only like 6 million cap). He's making a 4.4 base...wouldn't at all be shocked if both side are good with an extension, especially if it gets him a nice signing bonus. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh man...don't be that dude. You don't ever want to be the dude complaining about holding calls. 

I posted yesterday about how he gave praise to our entire team and when he got to the DBs, he said they are very grabby LOL. So is he referring to our DBs or our OL here???

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I posted yesterday about how he gave praise to our entire team and when he got to the DBs, he said they are very grabby LOL. So is he referring to our DBs or our OL here???

Oh, that's a good point...I didn't think of that and it would make sense if he was referring to the corners given the end of the game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If it’s the OL, they got Tomlinson with two pretty 75/25 it shouldn’t be called fouls. Like, that’s quite a bit. If it’s the corners, I mean yeah. 

• Like 1

We desperately need Ford to get healthy and stay healthy the rest of the way. Tough ask but we really don't get no rush opposite of Bosa. Armstead has really hit a wall himself after a strong start and Ford's presence is desperately needed. 

Shanny seemed to be fairly optimistic regarding Warner and Deebo's injuries. Hope that is the case but I cannot take anything he says about injuries serious at all after his terrible track record of always being wrong lol. 

1 hour ago, burlow said:

We do not allow you to say things like this.  Go back to being a depressed drunk man on the other side of the river.  It was working so far, not sure this team can handle this attitude from you.

My bad. I will try to do better. 

Time to give props to the defense as they have allowed 10, 10 and 19 points in the last three games. There are flaws in the defense but despite key injuries, Ryans is figuring out a way to get it done. Very impressive stopping the run the last two games. Hufanga made some really good plays in coverage but also was lost a time or two. But love his progression and he will continue looking better playing alongside Ward/Tartt. 

Our STs unit though? Just disgusting and it is time Hightower gets replaced. Enough is enough. 

• Like 1