Week 12 GDT - Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

So Mitchell had 133 yards on nearly 5 YPC while his longest carry was 15 yards lol. This was seriously 2019 all over again as Coleman had a very similar game to the one Mitchell had. He has a good chance of eclipsing the 1,000 yard mark as he has averaged 86 YPG and has four 100+ yard games in 8 total games. Heck of a find in round 6.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wait, how did I miss this?? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

We were talking about it on the main board a little while after it happened lol. It got disguised because they called a timeout and I don't think the announcers ever really called him out on it.Β 

• Like 1

Most mentally draining win I've experienced in a while. Definitely felt like a playoff game. Good for the squad though. I hope Samus and Warner can come back strong sooner rather than later. Gumbo was superb, and for what he might not have in speed he makes up for in quality vision. Sermon probably isn't going to get that starting spot whenever he does indeed come back. Jimmy G was...Jimmy G. Better to finish strong in the second half when you largely nuke the first half. The football Gods have been pretty merciful this last month. A lot of people gave up on the season after 6 games, but it just goes to show that it really is indeed a long *** season. Glad our head coach understands that.Β 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Got Senzu? Come back strong bawse.Β 

I think he plays next Sunday, on paper we should beat Seattle, but it's in Seattle, so we'll see, hoping Warner is ok too, cause he got going the past 3 weeks, need him out there, same with Dre.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Β 

Speaking of Aiyuk, three of the last four games he's had over 80 receiving yards. Still never going to get over how the first 8 weeks of the season went lol. He's REALLY freaking good and we treated him like he was the worst WR of all time SMH.

Lombardi has a different interpretation lol

Β 

3 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Gotta love Grant Cohn's annoying question in the post game presser when Jimmy was up at the podium.

Β β€œAre you aware there are rumors you will be traded if you don’t make a Super Bowl run this year?”

Jimmy of course just laughed it off with a "Naw, but thanks for the heads up!"Β 

Like why even bring that up? He's so desperate to be counterculture and edgy, but it really just makes him look bad.Β 

Legitimately no reason for that question

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Like why even bring that up? He's so desperate to be counterculture and edgy, but it really just makes him look bad.Β 

Legitimately no reason for that question

Cause the dude tries to start shift, hell I got him to dig up old tweets of mine about how I wanted Earl Thomas and to pay what he wants, later on I said I was happy, the dude just trolls, he only has a job thanks to his father, he’s horrible. I like Maiocco, Barrows, Lombardi, & Branch, they all follow me on Twitter and vice versa, David is actually a good guy once you talk to him.

• Like 2

PFF spotlight before the grades are released:

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
Quarterback
The first-quarter interception from Jimmy Garoppolo to Harrison Smith was ugly, but the 49ers quarterback made few mistakes after that. He finished the game with two big-time throws and just the one turnover-worthy play. He completed 5-of-10 passes for 138 yards on throws 10-plus yards downfield and averaged 8.3 air yards per throw on the day.

Running Back
Elijah Mitchell led the 49ers' backfield with 49 offensive snaps, while backup Jeff Wilson Jr. logged just 10 total offensive snaps. Mitchell broke off four runs of 10-plus yards, forced two missed tackles and gained more than 60% of his yards after contact. He also caught 5-of-6 targets for 35 yards and one first down with zero drops.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends
Brandon Aiyuk led the team in receiving with 91 yards, and all three of his receptions went for more than 15 yards and first downs. Deebo Samuel had only one reception for 12 yards, but he was an impact player running the football. He took six carries for 66 yards and two touchdowns and broke three tackles along the way. Star tight end George Kittle played 65 offensive snaps but caught just one pass for 13 yards on two targets.

Offensive Line
Tackles Tom Compton and Trent Williams should both finish reviews with 80.0-plus overall grades and 80.0-plus run-blocking grades. Williams allowed just three total pressures, while Compton allowed two. The other three starters along the offensive line all earned sub-60.0 PFF grades on first review of the broadcast film.

Defensive Line
Kevin Givens played only 13 defensive snaps but will likely finish reviews as the 49ers’ highest-graded defensive lineman. He made a big hit in the backfield that forced a Dalvin Cook fumble in the second half. D.J. Jones also graded well in run defense and made three total defensive stops.

Linebacker
Azeez Al-Shaair (48) and Fred Warner (33) led the 49ers’ linebacker room in defensive snaps, but neither player earned PFF grades above 60.0 on first review. Al-Shaair logged five defensive stops and two missed tackles, while Warner had zero defensive stops and one missed tackle. Shaair also allowed a team-high 96 yards in coverage.

Secondary
Josh Norman forced a fumble that Minnesota ultimately recovered, but his day outside of that was rough. He allowed catches on 3-of-4 targets for 63 yards and two first downs in coverage. Emmanuel Moseley will finish reviews as the team’s highest-graded defensive back after giving up two receptions on three targets for 22 yards and one first down.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-12-game-recap-san-francisco-49ers-34-minnesota-vikings-26