Week 12 GDT - Minnesota Vikings at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

44 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Expected...Hope he just misses two games but definitely a major loss. Shanny needs to tweak the offense again. More Kittle and Aiyuk.

Honestly, just run Kittle on all of the deep over routes Deebo has gashed people with all year and then teams started to cheat on the past couple of weeks. He'll draw as much attention and we can keep feeding the really killer balls to Aiyuk (unless of course, teams let Kittle catch the ball on multiple of those on the run - the last time I saw Kittle get multiple of those deep over catches and a bunch of targets on them, he single-handedly murdered the Broncos. Since we've added Deebo, those routes have appeared in his ledger less and less, because he can do things Deebo can't - stick routes and seam routes being the most favored).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, whatever rhythm he's in right now? Just keep it up....I think this is more so Jimmy being upset but whatever. 

yeah, agreed 

Jimmy spoke about it publicly ("I dont like it bc it gets me out of rhythm") and then we stopped doing it. Meanwhile, Kyle kept saying publicly that he would use Trey in certain packages, although it is possible he was never serious about it and was just saying it to force teams to gameplan for it. That doesnt mean the reason for not using it was 100% on Jimmy though lol 

The reasoning Kyle used previously of why Trey didnt get any work was pretty lame as well. He would only want to use Trey once the offense is in rhythm, and he doesn't want to use it when the offense isn't in rhythm. If the offense is in rhythm, why mess with it by bringing in a new QB? If the offense was not in rhythm, that seems like the perfect time to bring in the other QB lol 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, whatever rhythm he's in right now? Just keep it up....I think this is more so Jimmy being upset but whatever. 

What? Shanahan seems like the last one to bow down to a player's demands, and Jimmy seems like the last one to let a rookie's presence to live rent free in his head...or else he would have demanded to get shipped off. 

Even if he was, he'd have a case for it. It's understandable not being happy about being taken off rhythm. But all along, Jimmy with a smile has essentially stated that he just does whatever the coaching staff tells him to do. In pressers he's pretty positive even when the 49ers were at 2-4. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

56 minutes ago, N4L said:

yeah, agreed 

Jimmy spoke about it publicly ("I dont like it bc it gets me out of rhythm") and then we stopped doing it. Meanwhile, Kyle kept saying publicly that he would use Trey in certain packages, although it is possible he was never serious about it and was just saying it to force teams to gameplan for it. That doesnt mean the reason for not using it was 100% on Jimmy though lol 

The reasoning Kyle used previously of why Trey didnt get any work was pretty lame as well. He would only want to use Trey once the offense is in rhythm, and he doesn't want to use it when the offense isn't in rhythm. If the offense is in rhythm, why mess with it by bringing in a new QB? If the offense was not in rhythm, that seems like the perfect time to bring in the other QB lol 

Where did Jimmy say "I don't like it?" I don't remember those words. You have a link to the presser/interview? Unless you're talking about this?

Heading into the season, Garoppolo was hesitant about the idea of QB rotation with Lance. He worried that it would make it hard to stay in rhythm. But after Sunday, Garoppolo no longer believes that will be the case based on how Shanahan utilized Lance.

“If it was series by series, which I think when we were talking, that was kinda what the thought was, that really would’ve been more the rhythm thing,” Garoppolo told The MMQB's Albert Breer after the game. “Because that was in the discussions for a little bit and I was like, ‘You know, I don’t know how that’s gonna work, just being out for that long and not throwing.’ Switching off like how we’re doing it, it’s different. The rhythm thing doesn’t matter as much—one or two plays isn’t too bad.”

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/nbcsports/jimmy-garoppolo-honest-about-feelings-celebrating-trey-lance-td/2655665/

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So both will be out next week. Tough as it against the team that gives us the most issues. If they are out for Cincy, I think you can chalk that game up as a loss as it would have been tough even with both of them healthy. 

Watching this Seahawks game, deebo or no, we better move the ball on this defense

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Watching this Seahawks game, deebo or no, we better move the ball on this defense

Their defense is still pretty stingy when it comes to allowing points. They have forced like three consecutive 3 and outs but it doesn't matter since the offense has had FIVE consecutive 3 and outs. I don't even know what is happening with their offense? Like what the hell is going on???

Heinicke has a YPA of 6.1 and they are only averaging 3.4 YPC. The Seahawks defense has been fine. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Their defense is still pretty stingy when it comes to allowing points. They have forced like three consecutive 3 and outs but it doesn't matter since the offense has had FIVE consecutive 3 and outs. I don't even know what is happening with their offense? Like what the hell is going on???

They need to cash out their equity in Russ this off season. 

Giants' two firsts this year + Daniel Jones and maybe a conditional pick or something like that. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

They need to cash out their equity in Russ this off season. 

Giants' two firsts this year + Daniel Jones and maybe a conditional pick or something like that. 

I said the Seahawks defense was playing fine...And now they are getting abused this drive lol. But they are absolutely gassed. TOP is 40 to 16 minutes which is insane.

Oh yeah, they have to move Russ. He's not going to want to stay there anyways and will want to be traded again. That would be a great trade if they can get both of Giants top 10 picks this season. 

If you just look at that roster, it just doesn't have all that much talent. Has some big names like Wilson/Wagner/Adams/DK/etc but overall just not great talent. It's time for them to rebuild and everyone knows it. 

Saying that, I'm still not sure we will win next week and can see a scenario where the Seahawks WRs have their way with our corners and Jimmy has another trash against this defense lol.

Forgot Slye got hurt, WFT has to go for it here.