Should the Seahawks clean house?

notthatbluestuff

100% yes. 

I don't know if you need to get rid of Carroll. He doesn't have to go...head coaches can continue on past player regimes if you think that he can still coach. But roster wise? 100%. This is a weird amalgam of name brand vets who don't have a positive long term outlooks, and maybe one or two sure fire building blocks? Its a rough roster to deal with. 

DK is a stud. Lockett is a good #2 and is young enough to stick around moving forward. But after that it takes a tumble. Can't say who they like on the o-line moving forward for a long term piece. They are stuck with Adams, but does anyone truly consider him a "building block"? He's an overpaid limited player. Brooks seems like he'll be a solid pro and seems to be getting better...but yeah..the roster long term is uninspiring (form an outsider's perspective...seattle fans can obviously provide more insight). 

You can still get a haul for Russ. At 33 years old, I think you're largely wasting him if you're Seattle. By the time you can put that high quality team around him again, he's 35 probably. I also think the cracks have already started to show for him in terms of how he plays on the field. I'd cash out there now. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

100% yes. 

I don't know if you need to get rid of Carroll. He doesn't have to go...head coaches can continue on past player regimes if you think that he can still coach. But roster wise? 100%. This is a weird amalgam of name brand vets who don't have a positive long term outlooks, and maybe one or two sure fire building blocks? Its a rough roster to deal with. 

DK is a stud. Lockett is a good #2 and is young enough to stick around moving forward. But after that it takes a tumble. Can't say who they like on the o-line moving forward for a long term piece. They are stuck with Adams, but does anyone truly consider him a "building block"? He's an overpaid limited player. Brooks seems like he'll be a solid pro and seems to be getting better...but yeah..the roster long term is uninspiring (form an outsider's perspective...seattle fans can obviously provide more insight). 

You can still get a haul for Russ. At 33 years old, I think you're largely wasting him if you're Seattle. By the time you can put that high quality team around him again, he's 35 probably. I also think the cracks have already started to show for him in terms of how he plays on the field. I'd cash out there now. 

Was Jamal Adams a "big fish, small pond" situation? I feel like he was thought of as a stud in New York - was that just in comparison to the trashbags around him? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Was Jamal Adams a "big fish, small pond" situation? I feel like he was thought of as a stud in New York - was that just in comparison to the trashbags around him? 

I think he's a player that does a few things very well and is a useful player in that regard, but in the grand scheme of things is limited. I don't know that it makes him a "bad player", just a limited one. If you use him correctly, it's not that big of a deal, but I don't know that he's ever going to be worth what was given up for him. I just don't know that he impacts the game in that manner. In a weird sort of way, he's kind of like a platoon player in baseball.  

Jets fans tried to tell everyone about what he was, I have to give them credit lol. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

What if they swap Wilson for Rodgers? Rodgers gets out of Green Bay and Wilson goes back to Wisconsin.

Wilson would not receive a warm welcome in WI, he's pretty much considered a d-bag as far as the Dairy State is concerned.
And given that Russell is all about his image - I can't see him making that choice. He was flirting with Chicago last year, that makes way more sense

John Schneider can rebuild this Seattle roster with all the picks from a Wilson trade -  and Carroll can help expedite the turnaround.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

He was flirting with Chicago last year, that makes way more sense

I don't think Chicago would give up on Justin Fields just yet. He's a work in progress, but he's making positive strides.

I could see him work towards NYG, though - a few competent weapons that look good on paper, a team with a lot of resources in terms of picks (ironically, because of Justin Fields) and a media hub both Mr. and Mrs. Wilson would love to be in.

Yeah. Yeah... I'm going to say NYG.

As far as the question - yes. Rebuild. Fire Carroll (maybe he goes back to USC...?) get max value for Russ to springboard this rebuild, see if anyone will take on that Jamal Adams contract, offer up anyone not named DK for whatever resource you can get.

It could be a fast rebuild with the right HC and GM building from scratch.