Thanksgiving GDT - Curtains for Nagy?

CBears019

Just now, soulman said:

I believe what hurt Fields development was the charade Nagy and Pace played all summer long in not giving him reps with the 1st team players and not beginning to design and offense around him long before camp ever began.

We're in week 11 and he's been the starter since week 3. If getting reps in the offseason meant that much of a difference than we would've seen it by now. We would've also seen it in Wilson and T-Law but we haven't.

6 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

We're in week 11 and he's been the starter since week 3. If getting reps in the offseason meant that much of a difference than we would've seen it by now. We would've also seen it in Wilson and T-Law but we haven't.

You're discounting the fact that he's playing in an offense that hasn't been designed or built around what makes him special.

My post very clearly stated that if was both a scheme designed to fit Justin Fields strong points and downplay his weaknesses along with enough reps to cement it in place that may have made a difference not more reps in a scheme that's been in use for four years now and designed for a pocket passer or to make a pocket passer out of QBs who are not. 

Nagy is just repeating the same mistakes he made with Mitch but with an even more talented QB.

Oh, and Wilson and Lawrence don't even enter into the picture here.  They don't play for the Bears.

Edited by soulman

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Got any open positions? My job makes me sad too often. lol

I dont think any of you city slickers could handle living in the middle of nowhere. Plus i work on a grain farm. Not sure menny of you work outside with machinery getting full of grease and oil. Id never trade it for a desk job, thats for sure. But come on down.... er.... i mean up.

Edited by DABEARSLCF04
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

I dont think any of you city slickers could handle living in the middle of nowhere. Plus i work on a grain farm. Not sure menny of you work outside with machinery getting full of grease and oil. Id never trade it for a desk job, thats for sure. But come on down.... er.... i mean up.

Well I live in the Mountains so I know what ya mean. But I am sure some of them don't live in the city and just push pencils but that doesnt mean they couldnt do it.