TCU - Sonny Dykes
Texas Tech - Joey McGuire
Virginia Tech - Brent Pry
Washington - Kalen DeBoer
Washington State - Jake Dickert

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

At least he didn't make them film the party.

Dude 😅

ND fan here. He was the right guy at the right time for us. He created the organization/ structure for us to be competitive, but I’m not sure he has much more as a coach . Idk if he can compete with the big boys consistently . 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Dude 😅

I didn't even mention the former player who's girlfriend committed suicide after she made a rape accusation, got threatening text messages and had the ND police department sit on the case. 

He's an *******. No other way to say it. He's not OJ level of murderer, but he's got an absolute GOAT all time scumbag resume. No other college coach comes close.

(Maybe Rick Pitino.)

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Brian Kelly might be really close to the best pure football coach in college football. Some people are seriously sleeping on this guy. The guy is now chasing a national title and I give him a very decent shot of getting it done. No way in hell did I think they could pull something like this off but this is an elite hire.

Laughable. Brian Kelly isn't even a top 5 HC in college football. He has done nothing but lose big games. He spent a decade at Notre Dame, yet his biggest postseason win is the Citrus Bowl. He got spanked by Alabama and Clemson whenever his program was in an opportunity to win something of significance.

8 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I could be wrong, and it's ancient history now, but didn't Kelly do that with Cincy too back when he took the ND job to begin with? 

Yes, he did.

5 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Kelly never had the talent, that's just the truth. How many 5 stars does ND sign compared to Bama? Yeah lets see what he does with all those 5 stars at LSU. 

It's Notre Dame, dude. It's a blueblood. Not recruiting like Saban is a Brian Kelly problem.

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Just a reminder that Brian Kelly has always been an egotistical POS.

What an irredeemable turd.

• Like 3

Brent Pry was an absolutely outstanding hire by Virginia Tech, I kind of forgot about him but dude is legit based on that success of the Penn State defense, could be a great fit for Virginia Tech a school that traditionally values defensive football.

If Notre Dame wants to make a splash, you hire Marcus Freeman.  

I never heard that story about Matt Lafleur and Robert Saleh and how Kelly treated them.  That is kind of bush league but they were the "little guys" in the program and had to do the crap work just like a rookie has to go get doughnuts or something.  Still just on paper the more I view Brian Kelly and LSU it just seems wrong, I think Kelly has improved how he treats people a few years back, kind of changed his attitude a bit and it has been reflected in their win totals and in general how the team plays the past few years.  Still that lack of SEC connection could hurt, because not sure Kelly will out recruit Saban ever, much less Jimbo Fisher or Kirby and the rest of the SEC with guys like Kiffin and Leach.

Huge thing here is Corey Raymond, he has been the DB coach since 2012 and was the AHC at times and the recruiting coordinator this past year.  

5837c76eb907e.image.jpg?resize=400,436

"Raymond’s secondary has produced seven first team All-Americans during his time at LSU, a list that includes Eric Reid (2012), Jalen Mills (2015), Jamal Adams (2016), Tre’Davious White (2016), Greedy Williams (2018), Grant Delpit (2018 and 2019) and Derek Stingley Jr. (2019, 2020).

In addition, Delpit claimed the 2019 Jim Thorpe Award as the nation’s top defensive back.

Under Raymond, LSU’s secondary has sent 14 players to the NFL Draft, including three first rounders – Adams and White (2017), and Eric Reid (2013), along with five second round picks that include Grant Delpit (2020), Kristen Fulton (2020), Donte Jackson (2019), Williams (2018) and Jalen Collins (2015).

Other LSU NFL Draft picks under Raymond’s watch include: cornerback Tyrann Mathieu (third round in 2013), cornerback Tharold Simon (fifth round in 2013), safety Jalen Collins (second round in 2015), cornerback Rashard Robinson (third round in 2016), safety Jalen Mills (seventh round in 2016), Donte Jackson (second round in 2018), and Greedy Williams (second round in 2019).

Most recently, defensive backs JaCoby Stevens (sixth round) and Kary Vincent Jr. (seventh round) both added their names to NFL rosters in the 2021 draft.

Of the 14 players that have been drafted under Raymond’s watch, 10 have started games in the NFL and four have appeared in the Pro Bowl."

https://lsusports.net/sports/fb/roster/coach/corey-raymond/

So where does he go now?  Does he stay at LSU or not and if not that could be an absolutely massive loss, his coaching has produced some big time talent and has basically made LSU DBU based on what kind of players they have produced recently.  Yet another minority coach that gets zero looks for a head job.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Can't hate on it. It's risky, but Freeman's ceiling is sky high. He was on my UF HC list as a dark horse. Great defensive mind and a former NFL LB. Should connect well with recruits and be respected in the locker room.