2021-2022 Coaching Carousel Thread

Texansfan713

10 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

He is an outstanding hire for Notre Dame, even kept Tommy Rees as the OC as well which will help.  Kelly clearly wanted both guys to come to LSU, wonder how many other assistant coaches will stay at Notre Dame.  Freeman has been in the college game coaching for over 10 years so he is ready to make this step up.

Now back to Corey Raymond and if he will stay on Kelly's staff at LSU or not. 

On 12/1/2021 at 1:32 AM, jrry32 said:

Laughable. Brian Kelly isn't even a top 5 HC in college football. He has done nothing but lose big games. He spent a decade at Notre Dame, yet his biggest postseason win is the Citrus Bowl. He got spanked by Alabama and Clemson whenever his program was in an opportunity to win something of significance.

Yes, he did.

It's Notre Dame, dude. It's a blueblood. Not recruiting like Saban is a Brian Kelly problem.

What an irredeemable turd.

Let's see how much better Kelly recruits at LSU. These restrictions at ND are real, it will be easier recruiting for the Bayou Bengals. Maybe he doesn't recruit better, Freeman reels in top 3-5 classes and has more success and wins a natty. I will take back that statement then but I very much doubt it.

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

Let's see how much better Kelly recruits at LSU. These restrictions at ND are real, it will be easier recruiting for the Bayou Bengals. Maybe he doesn't recruit better, Freeman reels in top 3-5 classes and has more success and wins a natty. I will take back that statement then but I very much doubt it.

It'll be easier recruiting for LSU because LSU and UGA are the two best situated schools in the country in terms of recruiting grounds. But while Kelly is in a better recruiting spot, he no longer gets a relatively weak schedule and no conference championship.

ND's challenges are outweighed by its benefits. Is it harder to recruit than LSU? Sure. Is it hard to recruit, period? No.

17 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Based on weather and proximity to major cities how much better is Baton Rouge than South Bend?

Talking just towns? 

Baton Rouge blows and has a ridiculous amount of traffic for a town of it's size. 

The weather is miserable most of the year. And though Nola is only about a 50 minute drive on i10, it's a miserable stretch that puts you into a ton of traffic jam potential once you get into the New Orleans metro area. Little better going i12 and taking the causeway or going to Slidell and just sort of back tracking. 

Other than that, there's nothing notable around. The food's good though. 

26 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Uh, Bronco Mendenhall just resigned as UVA's coach. 

Yeah I saw that, sucks but sounds like he wants to reconnect with his wife etc, and he is a multi Millionaire now and really has been for awhile so live off that and lay back.  He was a good coach at Virginia and BYU obviously, that Virginia team was impressive this past year especially with how they changed as an offense and really lit it up.  They were the 2nd best passing offense in the nation this year, who would have thought that would happen at Virginia a few years ago.